[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Fiver wrote:
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello

I will try your version in 3.8.
It's been a long time since I played a Raider.
Since the announcement of GGG on the UP of the raider, it tempts me to try.

My first character a long time ago was a raider Ice shot.Do you think that later I can change Frost blade by Ice shot or elemental hit based on the cold without changing much your tree?
I like to try different build with the same archetype, without starting the ACT again.

In any case I will try it in league starter, congratulations for the updates of your build on the forum and your numerous detailed answers.

I’m not sure. It’s not something I’ve thought about. There are obviously plenty bow skills near the ranger starting point though. So, possibly? I mean it’s Also possible to respec your ascendancy. I don’t really have a good answer. Maybe I can play some in PoB after work.

Great
I also tried with the pob, it seems possible to me, but I'm not as much experience as you on this build.
I am curious to see your pob to compare it to mine.
It seems possible but for now I'm far from the quality of your build Blade frost, which is normal given the time spent on your build.

eddit
bahh
I do not need to tire you too much, I think we have to review too much. The left side of the tree is good for me, the rest requires a lot of change.
It's still a project later in the league, I'll start by copying your build to start 3.8.

thanks anyway :)

https://pastebin.com/6um9a7Ke
Last edited by Drax6661 on Aug 28, 2019, 5:19:44 AM
"
Drax6661 wrote:

Great
I also tried with the pob, it seems possible to me, but I'm not as much experience as you on this build.
I am curious to see your pob to compare it to mine.
It seems possible but for now I'm far from the quality of your build Blade frost, which is normal given the time spent on your build.

eddit
bahh
I do not need to tire you too much, I think we have to review too much. The left side of the tree is good for me, the rest requires a lot of change.
It's still a project later in the league, I'll start by copying your build to start 3.8.

thanks anyway :)

https://pastebin.com/6um9a7Ke

I mean it definitely seems viable.

I think you are in the right direction.
Elemental hit seems to be a better option than ice shot. Idk if ice shot is better for clearing or not.

I would change the gem setup though.
I'd go with
Ele hit
EDWAS
Hypothermia
Cold pen
Increased crit damage
And hotswap between Slower Projectiles and GMP

You should get rid of Master of the Arena. I would also spec out of the life/evasion node above Revenge of the Hunted, and use those 2 points to get Resourcefulness.

If you use Lioneye's Glare you should spec out of Depth Perception and get Forces of Nature instead.
Another thing. I wouldn't use Far Shot and Point Blank together. They cancel each other out.
Point Blank starts lowering your damage after an attack distance of 10. Just to give you an idea of how small of a distance that is:

Each circle represents 5 range.
Far shot is better if you use a bow, unless you plan on being in melee.

You'd gain a lot of damage from using Drillneck instead of Voidfletcher. You'd lose void-shot of course, but you'd also gain some life.

Pandemonius > Hyrri's obviously. Hyrri's still very good.

I would get rid of the quicksilver flask and the Atziri's Promise. You can't do chaos damage, so Atziri's Promise is useless for you. Best flasks for damage would be a Taste of Hate and Cinderswallow Urn with critical strike.

I don't think this is something you should do because you'd lose an insane amount of life, but Hyrri's Ire is insane for Bow builds with cold damage. It gives disgusting amounts of damage, it gives dodge, and shitloads of evasion. But again, if you have a decent rare body armour with life + %life, you'd lose like 500 life.

Idk if I have anything more than that to add really. You can probably fiddle a lot more with it. This is the Pastebin where I'm at right now:

https://pastebin.com/9JSD81TW

Also, I took the liberty of doing some cleaning up in the skill/item section. :p

"

You don't need millions of millions of dps for a build to be viable. First version of my Frost Blades reached about 2 million DPS with really good gear, and it was capable of clearing all the content that existed at that point. I never personally beat Uber Elder with the first version of the build, but others did. But my character also had to be in melee range.
A bow build is a lot safer than the FB raider.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 28, 2019, 9:43:08 AM
Ok thank you it's great, very interesting.

I will avoid continuing to pollute your build with mine, I will contact you in PM if you allow it.

Quickly, you are right on many points including "point blank" / "depth perception" / "drillneck" / "gem". Not convinced about flask (except atziri), but I have time to look at their advantages / disadvantages.

I will probably test FB / raider to see its potential and try to switch later on EH / raider to avoid contact.

thanks for the effort and the time spent for me.
If it gives some good things, I'll let you know :)

GL / HF
Last edited by Drax6661 on Aug 28, 2019, 10:37:51 AM
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Ok thank you it's great, very interesting.

I will avoid continuing to pollute your build with mine, I will contact you in PM if you allow it.

Quickly, you are right on many points including "point blank" / "depth perception" / "drillneck" / "gem". Not convinced about flask (except atziri), but I have time to look at their advantages / disadvantages.

I will probably test FB / raider to see its potential and try to switch later on EH / raider to avoid contact.

thanks for the effort and the time spent for me.
If it gives some good things, I'll let you know :)

GL / HF

No worries man, you can pm, or write here, or ask on my stream or whatever. I really don't mind. It's always fun to theorycraft. :)

Don't panic.
Since I found it an interesting read, I guess others might have as well.
So you're hardly 'polluting' this topic with another guide, especially since the first post will remain the same.
"
pms_techka wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
pms_techka wrote:
Previously u noted in your build to kill all bandits for passive point, but now u changed it for allira. Is it that much critical to help her as I’m currently lvl 70 and killed all of them. Thnx in advance.

No it isn’t.
It’s basically a tradeoff between survivability and damage.
By picking alira you get some crit multiplier and all res.
If you kill all you get the same res, no crit multiplier, but a couple extra % chance to evade attacks. I have 2 skillpoints aswell, and for me, I think I get about 3% melee and 5% projectile evade.

Both options are good imo.

Thanks for reply. Any suggestions about pantheon?

I think pantheons are so situational. I prefer solaris and lunaris as major ones, but idk.

Don't panic.
I will be streaming on twitch for the next 3-4 hours. If you have questions or need help with anything, or maybe just want to hang out, then feel free to join me :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
Luicetarro wrote:
Since I found it an interesting read, I guess others might have as well.
So you're hardly 'polluting' this topic with another guide, especially since the first post will remain the same.

Agreed!

Don't panic.
I will be online and streaming for the next couple of hours. :)
Come hang out with me or ask me questions if you need help.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
it's leak , but , maybe

https://imgur.com/a/dPfphUu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info