[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

This build is working way better than i expected. Took shaper and Red Elder down today. Red Elder cost me a few lives but shaper went deathless.
Been using this build and I love it so far. Been having no issues.

However, I have a question. I've been having trouble finding a bow with the mods listed. Does anyone know if any of the unique bows would hold me over well enough until I was able to find/craft one of the rare bows?
~(^_^)~
Great guide! Using it this season and it's working great!
"
asgar86 wrote:
This build is working way better than i expected. Took shaper and Red Elder down today. Red Elder cost me a few lives but shaper went deathless.

The primary problem with elder is that frost wall is necessary to save shaper . I personally fought T8 Elder few days ago on and had no issues whatsoever. Maybe i'm already used to this fight i guess.

"
riokolza wrote:
Been using this build and I love it so far. Been having no issues.

However, I have a question. I've been having trouble finding a bow with the mods listed. Does anyone know if any of the unique bows would hold me over well enough until I was able to find/craft one of the rare bows?

Progression guide already tells you how to upgrade your bow:

* 5-link +2 bow
* 6-link +2 bow
* 6-link +3 bow
* Elder bow (end game goal)

You can obviously skip some steps, but it's the upgrade chart based on money investment. You only need to buy the base and rest can be easily self-crafted - there's section for it as well.

"
OmgitsDaddy wrote:
Great guide! Using it this season and it's working great!

Thank you!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hey everyone!

In another topic of CA build it is highly adviced to use aspect of the spider skill.
What do you think if it is really worth? Additional slow + amplify dmg aura

e.g I am using this and it works pretty well
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Dec 22, 2018, 1:47:44 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
Just like the guide says in multiple sections, Non-ailment Chaos DoT Multiplier gives you highest amount of damage.

Hi, thank you for the great guide. I am enjoying this build a lot for Betrayal.

I just wanted to clarify the following.

Is the recommended crafting mod better because it is a multiplier mod instead of a simple increase mod? (i.e., as compared to "64-72% increased chaos damage, chaos skills have 18-20% increased skill effect duration".) Or is there any other reason?
Hello been playing this build for few a week and loving it, it has almost no flaws so far. My question is, how would Arrow Dancing perform ? Would you recommend it ? I seem to die to random range projectiles more. Thanks
"
judikator wrote:
Hey everyone!

In another topic of CA build it is highly adviced to use aspect of the spider skill.
What do you think if it is really worth? Additional slow + amplify dmg aura

e.g I am using this and it works pretty well

I don't see much point in spider aspect. Normal mobs die instantly so won't even reach you. For monsters that are tanky enough to survive over 3 seconds you have Wither and Despair that stack additively with aspects debuff. Slow is kinda pointless since you will be able to kite them or tank them. It feels like overkill for the sake of it.

Crab aspect is miles better considering insane evade chance. Gives mitigation which evasion characters lack very often.

"
Relnerad wrote:
Hi, thank you for the great guide. I am enjoying this build a lot for Betrayal.

I just wanted to clarify the following.

Is the recommended crafting mod better because it is a multiplier mod instead of a simple increase mod? (i.e., as compared to "64-72% increased chaos damage, chaos skills have 18-20% increased skill effect duration".) Or is there any other reason?

That's correct. It gives too much damage. Around ~28% more damage, that's nearly a support gem worth. Chaos dmg / increased duration mod is great, but the bonus utility is not enough to match that pure dps boost.

"
Hello been playing this build for few a week and loving it, it has almost no flaws so far. My question is, how would Arrow Dancing perform ? Would you recommend it ? I seem to die to random range projectiles more. Thanks

I can guarantee you that these projectiles that kill you are spells, not attacks. Evasion doesn't work on spells at all.

Recently GGG started to give monster a puny looking projectile spells, which hurts like hell with right mods. Only spell dodge can save you here, which is the primary reason to use Atziri's Step and spell dodge boot enchantment. . With that in mind, Arrow Dancing is OK to pick up but unnecessary. You should end up with 95% evade chance in the end (+8% evade Watcher's Eye), so why waste a single passive point to lower chances to evade melee attacks?
"
DankawSL wrote:
Just like the guide says in multiple sections, Non-ailment Chaos DoT Multiplier gives you highest amount of damage.

Basic question, but I have level 1 of this craft unlocked (8-15%), how do I get it higher? Is it only through getting more veiled bow/axe drops that I can craft this onto? Any idea who drops those? Or is there a specific map/place that has level 2 or level 3 unlock?
Mod is available only from veiled items. Any member of the syndicate can drop it. You can easily farm at least T3 (max is T4) by spamming a single zone from storyline. I personally farmed Ossuary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info