[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

If it hasnt already been posted, here is an updated version of the PoB for the passives during leveling (bottom left to select amount of points)

https://pastebin.com/3kW9mgjm

also added some of the links during leveling. no items though, i figure you guys can figure that out :)
I didn't login since the recent patches.. my CA went from 150,000 dot damage to 120,000. I lost a lot of damage... anyone experience this?

I dont see anything in the notes that would affect us though?
if i look my effective DOT i have around 270k. What do you think should be my next upgrade? I'm know that I still need to get a helmet with an enchant..
"
SevDestroyer wrote:
If it hasnt already been posted, here is an updated version of the PoB for the passives during leveling (bottom left to select amount of points)

https://pastebin.com/3kW9mgjm

also added some of the links during leveling. no items though, i figure you guys can figure that out :)

Good idea tbh. Passive tree can load really slowly for some people, so i might add it in the future.

Yours has final ascendancy wrong tho. I guess i'll note the respec part in cheat sheet since it's not the first time someone made this mistake.

"
jimp1988 wrote:
I didn't login since the recent patches.. my CA went from 150,000 dot damage to 120,000. I lost a lot of damage... anyone experience this?

I dont see anything in the notes that would affect us though?

The only thing i can think of, is that you didn't have frenzy charges up. The loss fits the old 3.4 numbers with 6 frenzy charges that were up permanently.

Second possibility - you had frenzy charges up but were not on full life which disabled ~45-50% more multiplier (that's why regen is important). Besides those two possibilities, i have no clue.

"
theworldowner wrote:
if i look my effective DOT i have around 270k. What do you think should be my next upgrade? I'm know that I still need to get a helmet with an enchant..

+8% evade chance Watcher's Eye and the helmet enchant. With your current flask setup you will need Clarity and/or enough mana regen to sustain it. Vaal Grace should be included as well.

That's about it, you got all basics. The min-maxing part is up to you, if you want more tankiness or damage or w/e. Chase mods can be found in crafting section.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 24, 2018, 12:25:29 PM
Lvl: Late 80s

Actually finding that dropping Druidic Rite in favor of Mana Flows. No doubt Druidic has it's place when leveling but finding that Mana Flows allows you to free up affix space/crafted mod space and allows for a little more flexibility in gearing while progressing through mapping stage. Have no problem keeping flasks perma-up while mapping without Druidic Rite.

It is an option i guess. I prefer those flask nodes more regardless. Without them running 50% reduced flask charges maps is a real pain sometimes. Also allows for more errors in flask management.

Higher mana pool from Druidic Route solves nearly my mana problems to be fair, i don't feel Mana Flows are that much of an improvement unless you want to ditch Clarity (for crab aspect or sth).
Thank you for this really nice guide! I have 1 question, how to increase totems hp? Just lvl up totem gem? To me it's seems like they dying very fast and I should recast them very often.
Just gem level. They won't help much when there's a lot of enemies on the screen, besides you should be reapplying CA instead. When there's only one enemy on the screen, you should be able to place the totems in place where they can safely debuff the enemy. It takes ~1,5-2 seconds to reach maximum potential and 2 second period to replace them in case they're destroyed.

For enemies that are tanky during mapping, you have Despair curse to debuff.
This is probably my favorite build I've ever used. I only have one issue. That is the syndicate. Any tips on dealing with these guys?

Also any reason why you dont invest into phase acrobatics?
Last edited by SevDestroyer on Dec 26, 2018, 9:10:04 PM
I'm just wondering: why do you list Evade chance with Grace as the key stat for the Watcher's Eye jewel? (While dodge isn't rated as highly.)

Since both only apply to non-spell, I am assuming that this is the case because dodge bonus is only applied to the fraction of the chance of being hit after evasion has been considered (more exactly, True Dodge Chance = Dodge Chance * (1 - Evade Chance).

So given a potential 90-95% Evade chance, then Dodge chance doesn't really matter as much.

Conversely, as Evasion suffers from diminishing returns, the added flat evasion % really adds a lot to our evasion. With max 8% from the jewel and 25% from Ascendency, our raw evasion score need only reach 62% to be able to reach the 95% evasion cap?

Given all the above, which secondary stats are most beneficial on a watcher's eye? I am thinking that it is between movement and (still) dodge. Could you please share your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

And a few other questions:
1. What is the maximum spell dodge we can get? And what gear is required for this?

2. As an alternative to Master Fletcher (2) and the 4% max life nodes under Thick Skin (2), what do you think about instead choosing the Jewel socket just above Acrobatics? Doing so (and choosing 1 of the 4% max life nodes) should allow you to gain: 11% max life (more than the 8%) and *4% dmg +20% dmg (jewel + nodes before jewel socket) ... which I think is better than the +36% dmg from the suggested nodes? I'm not sure. Could you please comment on this? (Note: I am assuming that all the 2-req Jewel nodes - 3 of them are already chosen --- levels 95-100).

3. As added utility on Frenzy (for bossing), would you perhaps recommend another 6-link setup improving on the 4-link Frenzy setup?
---> Frenzy + GMP + CoH + Despair + Blind + Culling Strike

Again, thanks.
Last edited by Relnerad on Dec 27, 2018, 2:56:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info