[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Thank you guys for your answers, got it now.

Happy hunting.
December 19th, 2018
Crafting Section:
* Fixed parts of Chaos Staff crafting that would suggest ability to craft +2 Support Gems mod with +2 Chaos Gems when it was impossible (same mod type)
* Added step 3b, an optional but guaranteed way to get only +1 Socketed Gems mod for 2 exalts.

=================

I knew i forgot something, but couldn't figure it out until GGG made changes to cold DoT multiplier mod tags. Unfortunately, classic +3 chaos staff crafting is still huge RNG and won't be included.

"
HardSave wrote:
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:
and entered the almost cleared fort

Never EVER go inside those things! Although you might get away with it after today's syndicate member nerf patch. Not like that does your dead HC character any good now :(

But on the upside, I've had plenty of people asking about your build in-game. When I buy 'rippy' corrupted red maps from players they sometimes ask 'What, you're actually going to run this??' and I say 'Yeah sure no problem, check out Dankaw's CA build bro!'

Like i mentioned, it was almost completely cleared. I never had any issues with raiding the forts before, pop Vaal Grace, circle around, destroy totems and leave - and i've done that part already. It had to be Elreon who killed me, nobody else inside could do it.

I'm glad you're sending people this way. It is true that you can do nearly anything, you can't die if you never get hit in the first place!

Well, time to grind once again. Will be level 90 in no time.

"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

It's me again with few newb questions.

Started to upgrade my gear(got new boots and belt) and I looked in the leveling section. When you say caped resists do you mean chaos too? Cause all the others are caped now, but I still have slots to upgrade, so need to know if I should focus on chaos res from now on.

And when you say don't level Wither until act 9, do you mean just the Wither gem, or the supports too (spell totem/multiple totems)?

Thank you

ryoken0367 and biaXamseng answered that one already, but i'll give short answer anyway.

Nope, chaos is rare type of damage and having bonus resist against it is a luxury. It's obviously great stat to have, but for levelling you can completely ignore it.

I meant specifically Wither gem, as you won't get much intelligence until you reach blood acqueducts. Support gems have hyrbid str/int requirement and shouldn't outpace your attribute growth (but it can happen before level ~57 iirc).

"
Choadis wrote:
You list several options for elder bow crafting. Have you done the maths on what is the ultimate BiS combo of affixes (ignoring crafting cost) for single target?

7-link bow, expensive version. You can craft 5-6% increased damage per Frenzy charge instead of 14-16% chaos damage in case you want to run classic build.

There is one stronger option than that, but it requires use of insanely expensive fossils and is RNG based. I can't make a crafting guide on it since it's case by case scenario.

"
Tzzidar wrote:
Great Guide. Loving it so far.

I accidentally took Veil instead of Chaser in the ascendancy. Should I spend the last 10 refund points I have to respec it, or would keeping what I have should be fine?

Thanks

You're still fine, i used to recommend Avatar of Veil rush before this league. You might have some problems with syndicate but otherwise - just keep going until you finish uber lab.

Last 10 refund points should be used on Way of the Poacher, that node is picked up only for levelling purposes.

"
Nicthema wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the game, well I played before but not so much. The thing is I looked for the gloves and the boots but I can't find them, what can I do? Should I look for another similar items?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Gloves, boots and helmet should be a normal rares with life and resistances on them. Boots should also have movement speed. The higher stats the better. If you can't find them right now, you will eventually or you can simply buy a decent pair.

"
critxromney wrote:
can you get away with using a 5 link chest with this build!? as I am saving up for 6 link.

Build only requires 6-linked bow. Body armour doesn't have to be 6 or even 5-linked.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 19, 2018, 8:09:11 AM
Hey,

I have 2 questions to the Crafting Section:

1. is "Adds x to x Chaos Damage" on the bow actually useful, as the chaos damage would only apply to the arrow, not the dot, if not, maybe the combination of corroded-metallic-jagged would be best for fossil crafting, as it only leaves Socketed Bow Gems and socketed gems

2. Does it make sense (or would it be possible), in the late game to replace "+2 to socketed bow gems" with "+2 to socketed support gems", since support gems would hit empower and empower would give +2 to CA, but all your support gems also get +2 (or is it even possible to to +2 support and +2 bow an +1 all, i don't know, Jun refuses to drop me items with +1 to support)?

Cheers
Last edited by MephistoxicX on Dec 19, 2018, 8:44:28 AM
double clicked and posted twice, can i somehow delete this?
Last edited by MephistoxicX on Dec 19, 2018, 8:33:57 AM
What do u think about change swift afflcation to mirage archer if i have good dmg for fast clearing maps?
Why does it mention to level up multiples CA gems?
Are they talking about the support gems?
"
MurlockingQc wrote:

It's so that you can corrupt them to try and get lv21 gem. More CA gems = more chances.
Last edited by midnight2903 on Dec 19, 2018, 9:33:13 AM
"
MephistoxicX wrote:
Spoiler
Hey,

I have 2 questions to the Crafting Section:

1. is "Adds x to x Chaos Damage" on the bow actually useful, as the chaos damage would only apply to the arrow, not the dot, if not, maybe the combination of corroded-metallic-jagged would be best for fossil crafting, as it only leaves Socketed Bow Gems and socketed gems

2. Does it make sense (or would it be possible), in the late game to replace "+2 to socketed bow gems" with "+2 to socketed support gems", since support gems would hit empower and empower would give +2 to CA, but all your support gems also get +2 (or is it even possible to to +2 support and +2 bow an +1 all, i don't know, Jun refuses to drop me items with +1 to support)?

Cheers

You're correct about fossil mod combination! The downside is losing ability to roll chaos resistance, but it was a rare mod anyway. I should clear few things up tho:

The combination didn't work until patch 3.4.2 when GGG tagged poison/bleeding mods as chaos/physical mod respectively. Before that patch, your suggested fossil combo wouldn't guarantee gem level mods. People got so used to the old method that nobody, including me, didn't think to look up if anything changed. Method worked and the only disadvantage affected ilvl 83+ bows.

I'll change the method soon.

About your second question. Yes, it makes sense to replace it. What doesn't make sense is doing that on normal 6-linked bow, considering 5ex cost (total crafting cost). The mod is included in elder bow crafting. If you're about to spend a lot of money to gain damage, do that on expensive end game item.

+2 Socketed Support Gems drops only from syndicate mastermind. You will have to find somebody who can craft it for you.

"
oger123 wrote:
What do u think about change swift afflcation to mirage archer if i have good dmg for fast clearing maps?

FAQ: How about Mirage Archer?
A: Mirage Archer has few very annoying flaws for general mapping. It messes up flask uptime and doesn't even contribute to clear speed that much. It has troubles clearing a whole pack of monsters too, so you will end up attacking afterwards anyway. With that in mind,
Greater Multiple Projectiles is simply better unless you're using Dying Sun + additional arrow quiver.

However, Mirage Archer has few good uses. If you disconnect often, it might save your life by killing monsters during 6 second period. It's really good for maps with "Cannot regenerate" mod. You should also use it for speedrunning through zones, when you only want to refill the flask charges on the way (act carries/labyrinth/prophecy farming etc.)

"
MurlockingQc wrote:

Once gems hit level 20, you can corrupt the gems with Vaal Orb. One of the outcomes is increasing the level by 1, so you would get level 21 gem and effectively increase your damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 19, 2018, 9:49:51 AM
I reaaaaaally wanted to see how far i could push dps

And it’s done !

way too expensive to craft but, when we like ... :)
With greater multiple projectile 160k
With swift affliction (1 arrow, for bosses and betrayal encounter) 300k
(without flask/buff)

miom
Last edited by dibdib2 on Dec 19, 2018, 10:14:09 AM
First, thanks for taking the time to explain the build! On the other hand, I'm having a few issues in the survivability aspect. Here is a link to my POB if you ever get time please let me know what I'm missing! Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info