[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
imgae wrote:
Straight up item upgrades,
Yeah, without harvest crafting I don't think you can craft stuff like 6x t1 amulets anymore, for the available resources your gear is as min maxed as it comes. Idk if projectile medium cluster beats the chaos one for pure damage after the nerfs to chaos multi on them to 5%. But for QoL like life on kill and mana regen I guess your setup is better, projectile nodes are pure damage that's it.

HH can give you some defensive buffs but offensive buffs will be wasted, I don't think mobs have anything to buff chaos dot, it's usually stuff like crit or phys as extra so it works for stuff like tornado shot or BV but not for dots.
I'm loving this build but I seem to be having problems with Sister Cassia blight. I haven't had any issues with blight on the other characters I've played. For example my Cyclone melee characters did really well against blight monsters. I thought this character range CA would do even better. So I think I must be doing something wrong. I always use Freezebolt Towers, (usually getting 2 towers) maybe that's it? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm just running the vanilla skill tree except I put in a
watcher's eye jewel to make the character immune to bleeding.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 20, 2021, 7:15:52 PM
"
blight

-9 or -12 chaos res on helm + enchant
dot base + dot mod(warlord) + chaos dot (elder is better than hunter, but w/e u find) on gloves
for boots u can get endurance charge on kill + dodge spell hits+ life + res
stygian vise for belt is better (life % + flat life + chaos dmg +res) with abyss jewel with dot while wielding 1 weapon + enemies withered have -2% res + life
Iolite base rings with chaos dmg essence
amulet with +1 dex skills, chaos multi +1 chaos skills, life
idk what ur clusters are, try to get some of the upgrades above for big diff dmg
(if u r ssf gl)
Love the build
"
imgae wrote:
"
blight

-9 or -12 chaos res on helm + enchant
dot base + dot mod(warlord) + chaos dot (elder is better than hunter, but w/e u find) on gloves
for boots u can get endurance charge on kill + dodge spell hits+ life + res
stygian vise for belt is better (life % + flat life + chaos dmg +res) with abyss jewel with dot while wielding 1 weapon + enemies withered have -2% res + life
Iolite base rings with chaos dmg essence
amulet with +1 dex skills, chaos multi +1 chaos skills, life
idk what ur clusters are, try to get some of the upgrades above for big diff dmg
(if u r ssf gl)

Thank you much for the response.

I guess I should clarify, I don't have issues mapping not even T16 maps or anything. Unless others are failing blights say about 30% of the time or so. I think that I'm doing something wrong in the way I play blight encounters or perhaps my Freezebolt towers are suboptimal or something. It seems when I do fail the blight it is just barely usually. I mean about half of the blight monster sources are done spawning monsters and I get those treasure boxes.

Just brainstorming here, are folks using Toxic rain sometimes on blight or something because I don'e use Toxic Rain.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I guess I should clarify, I don't have issues mapping not even T16 maps or anything. Unless others are failing blights say about 30% of the time or so. I think that I'm doing something wrong in the way I play blight encounters or perhaps my Freezebolt towers are suboptimal or something. It seems when I do fail the blight it is just barely usually. I mean about half of the blight monster sources are done spawning monsters and I get those treasure boxes.
Since this build doesn't have single target damage that much, if you spawn a boss you should probably build more towers on a lane, check for any immunity and build fire / lightning depending which one boss isn't immune to, then empower next to it, then I usually put a scout tower behind with some mobs to occupy it, and freeze / paralyze towers only as a last line of defense.

If you complete half the boxes and then it fails it's probably the bosses, as they're pretty beefy. If they spawn very close to the pump, it's kinda screwed, but otherwise try to focus on building more stuff on boss lanes, trash mobs you can clear up easily, bosses not so.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Since this build doesn't have single target damage that much, if you spawn a boss you should probably build more towers on a lane, check for any immunity and build fire / lightning depending which one boss isn't immune to, then empower next to it, then I usually put a scout tower behind with some mobs to occupy it, and freeze / paralyze towers only as a last line of defense.

If you complete half the boxes and then it fails it's probably the bosses, as they're pretty beefy. If they spawn very close to the pump, it's kinda screwed, but otherwise try to focus on building more stuff on boss lanes, trash mobs you can clear up easily, bosses not so.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head! It is the boss at the end that I can't kill before he destroys the pump. I do put my freezebolt towers near the pump as a last line of defense. Or are you suggesting I put a different kind of tower on my rings?

How do I tell what lane a boss has been spawned on?

Thank you so much!

"
Turtledove wrote:
Boss spawning portals have a bigger swirly outline than normal portals. They light up when they activate so you can search where that lane is when it activates. The boss itself will have an orange-blob octopus like icon on the minimap as it walks.

For towers, I think arc, meteor / flamethrower or scout are the best. Author of this guide wrote some tips for blight here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2647929
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 22, 2021, 6:14:35 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Boss spawning portals have a bigger swirly outline than normal portals. They light up when they activate so you can search where that lane is when it activates. The boss itself will have an orange-blob octopus like icon on the minimap as it walks.

For towers, I think arc, meteor / flamethrower or scout are the best. Author of this guide wrote some tips for blight here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2647929

Wow! great information. I really appreciate it.

DankawSL really made a great blight tower guide! thank you to you both! :-) And thanks again for the fun build guide.
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 22, 2021, 7:49:53 PM
Would you recommend this build for a new player in 3.15? If not what ranger builds would you recommend?
Last edited by Robfordscrackpipe on Sep 24, 2021, 11:19:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info