[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"

Oh well goodbye dodge, guess I'll just die then

I was probably done playing the build because it was too similar and I had done enough with it, this actually makes it somewhat interesting again. It is kind of fun that this is being presented as buffs to defenses though as this seems to be a major nerf to this specific archetype.

A lot of interesting questions are being raised.

* Will Kintsugi still be good with spell hits now always hitting instead of being dodged a majority of the time? It most likely still is as most spell "hits" should be mechanically dodged anyway, but overall I predict a lot more downtime for Kintsugi especially in fights like Maven where there are a lot of small things that can trigger it. They could also still make changes to kintsugi that we won't see before patch notes.

* With Wind dancer being changed to only attack mitigation and kintsugi being more prone to being down this leaves us extremely vulnerability to degens in a fight like Maven. those 2 things combined did major work in protecting against degens which is something the build is pretty weak against overall.

* Am I correct in assuming that spell suppression will only apply to spell hits since degens aren't considered spells even if cast by a spell? Vortex degen for example benefits from spell damage, but only because the skill explicitly states that spell damage also applies to the skills DoT effect.

* Quartz infusion will probably be converted to a spell suppression node + something else

Our main defense against degens currently is kintsugi and wind dancer combined. Wind dancer won't work after the patch and kintsugi will get triggered more often because spell dodge no longer exists. Degens wasn't our strong point before this patch so it's going to be even worse now.

I'm honestly not sure how to cover defenses like we did previously. Wind dancer will still be needed to mitigate the large physical attacks we will eventually get hit by. Kintsugi will still be good but less so, however replacing it will leave us very vulnerable to degens, I'm curious to try it out to see how often we get hit by spells.

With wind dancer no longer applying damage mitigation to degens/spell hits 100% spell suppression will probably be required, I'm interested to see how large of an investment that will require, overall evasion cap should be a lot easier to reach, but maybe all of that spare budget will need to be spent on suppression. spell suppression seems like it might be adequate for spells by itself assuming decent recovery.

Overall the biggest hit to our defense here seems to be wind dancer not applying to spell hits and overall we will be hit more often in scenarios where spells are frequent leading to less reliable mitigation from kintsugi. Removal of attack dodge will also lead us to getting hit more on bosses as they have more accuracy than a T16 map mob which is what PoB uses for evasion chance. Spell suppression can offset spell hits and probably even put us in a better position than previously, but I see us being seriously vulnerable to big elemental/physical attack hits.

Time will have to tell, investment into evasion is so much lower than what we needed previously so I do think there are exciting options to branch into assuming spell suppression does not eat it all.
Hey bro. Gonna need ya to update the build guide. Ahhhh who am I kidding your gonna delete this guide cause the build is dead now 😂🥲🤧😭😭😭. I just lost my 2nd build in standard and have nothing to play now. Probably gonna have to uninstall unless you come up with a miracle cause I'm not spending 2 more months making a 3rd build just so ggg can kill it. They really effed us over 🤔😓
So, after patch notes thoughts:
We lost a bit more evade chance on Raider asencdancy passive trees, but on the other hand, the increase in evasion of armor items maybe can fix it.
Anddddddddddddddd
"
Awakened Void Manipulation now grants “+1 to Level of Supported Chaos Skill Gems” at gem level 5.
Awakened Swift Affliction now grants “Supported Skills deal 43% more Damage over Time” at gem level 4 (unchanged), up to 49% at gem level 5 (previously 44%).
Awakened Vicious Projectiles now grants “Supported Skills deal 53% more Chaos Damage over Time” at gem level 4 (unchanged), up to 59% at gem level 5 (previously 54%).

More damage!
Last edited by MrShika13 on Oct 14, 2021, 9:15:39 PM
poke for 3.16 (I am slowly and carefully giving this patch a try) thx in advance
(if you can't/won't update the build please do let me know I will find something else)
Last edited by zhepartak on Oct 18, 2021, 4:41:37 AM
"
MrShika13 wrote:
We lost a bit more evade chance on Raider asencdancy passive trees, but on the other hand, the increase in evasion of armor items maybe can fix it.

I must be missing something but it feels like it is much worse than that. My understanding was that the evasion has a system of entropy that means that at some point we will get hit. It was synergiszing well with dodge because if we dodged a hit that went through the evasion it was reseting the entropy counter.

Now it may be easier to get capped evasion, but without dodge, won't we just get hit regularly?

Between that and the massive nerf to blind, wind dancer and vaal grace, I feel like the defence has been shattered.

Can anyone please give me hope and tell me i'm wrong?
Hey there, is there any plan to update this build for 3.16?
Thanks for your hard work also, much appreciated!

Also with all the Raider tree changes, is it still viable to go with Raider on SC trade league?
Last edited by Détente on Oct 18, 2021, 12:10:45 PM
"
Yougstroyer wrote:
"
MrShika13 wrote:

I must be missing something but it feels like it is much worse than that. My understanding was that the evasion has a system of entropy that means that at some point we will get hit. It was synergiszing well with dodge because if we dodged a hit that went through the evasion it was reseting the entropy counter.

Now it may be easier to get capped evasion, but without dodge, won't we just get hit regularly?

Between that and the massive nerf to blind, wind dancer and vaal grace, I feel like the defence has been shattered.

Can anyone please give me hope and tell me i'm wrong?

No, you were actually right about the evasion things. That is, indeed - one of our biggest problem next league.
First problem: Spell surpression or Spell dodge?
Idk about this one.
Second problem: can we survive without attack dodge?
Normally, with crab barrier, wind dancer, kintsugi and 3 endu charge (I optimized my build with an 'endu charge on kill' ring), I will have approximately 60% phys dmg reduction for the first hit, and after that with steel skin and vaal grace, I hardly die (unless it's a one-shot hit), but that's only when I go full zoom-zoom, which means storming into a pack of monster without brain and magically survive with my panicked life flask. When I try to go slow and steady, I rarely get hit since this skills is pretty easy to play like that, just use CA to kill mobs off screen while standing somewhere far away, that way you won't get hit
From this patch, I think either should you change your playstyle from zoom-zoom to slow and steady, or invest into hybrid eva/armour (or) eva/es (or) go full armour (I'm not sure about this option). Since we're gonna have a dmg boost, the 'slow and steady' playstyle is probably gonna be my choice.
thanks for the reply. I'm a zoomzoomer myself, and it was one of the key reasons i loved the build. I want to plan around league start, where i will not have neither of the defense layers you mentionned. But it's good to know that it will still be super viable from midgame onward.
the defenses actually got demolished far worse than I thought.

Even with all the buffs to evasion, because we now have to pick up spell suppression it seems harder to cap evasion than it was previously especially because of the removal of the accuracy debuff from "Avatar of the veil".

Guess the zoomer way is going to be getting the new belt that allows perma uptime on 4 utility flasks for a massive quicksilver flask.

"
Détente wrote:
Hey there, is there any plan to update this build for 3.16?
Thanks for your hard work also, much appreciated!

Also with all the Raider tree changes, is it still viable to go with Raider on SC trade league?

I'm definitely not the author. Nor am I a real expert on this build. I've only played it for a couple months but it was a great and fun build and a super great build description by DankawSL. I too am interested in the answer to your question. Anyway, my fear is that DankawSL will not be updating the build description.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 19, 2021, 9:26:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info