[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

at what level should i start using cluster jewels?
I've been crafting myself a new bow over the last couple of days and finally finished it:

Really wanted to check how well the buffed decay-mods fits into my setup, and how much it can help with bossing. Will give some feedback as soon as i played it for a while.

I am not too sure about the enchant though. If i should just take the local attack speed for quality from harvest or trying to get inc. chaos modifiers from tempering orbs.
Last edited by basta1982 on May 11, 2021, 11:56:32 PM
"
XenJerec wrote:
I don't think it's a level issue rather currency / crafting issue, when you have prepped proper 1 large + 2 mediums then it's worth it. Otherwise no. You might think this is weird advice but I've seen a lot of players gimp their builds by putting crappy clusters like "12 point large no notables / 1 notable" etc.

You need to have 1 large 8 points 2 or 3 notables, and 2 mediums 4-5 points 2 useful notables (no ailment crap or other useless notables) and preferably 2 decent rare jewels to put in sockets in mediums (%life + damage mods).

Efficient cluster setup is worth cutting points from your tree, inefficient one is not worth putting at all.
I actually picked up a decent 8 pt cluster jewel for 80c last night. I just need to pick up some mediums. I’m not sure if I’m able to pick up some decent medium cluster jewels but I’ll be searching tonight
Also, in the pob where you select a tree, one of the cluster jewel options it’ll say something like “68/98” what do those two numbers mean
"
XenJerec wrote:
Also, in the pob where you select a tree, one of the cluster jewel options it’ll say something like “68/98” what do those two numbers mean
Not sure, but probably how many points go into the tree without cluster / how many there are with the cluster.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
XenJerec wrote:
I don't think it's a level issue rather currency / crafting issue, when you have prepped proper 1 large + 2 mediums then it's worth it. Otherwise no. You might think this is weird advice but I've seen a lot of players gimp their builds by putting crappy clusters like "12 point large no notables / 1 notable" etc.

You need to have 1 large 8 points 2 or 3 notables, and 2 mediums 4-5 points 2 useful notables (no ailment crap or other useless notables) and preferably 2 decent rare jewels to put in sockets in mediums (%life + damage mods).

Efficient cluster setup is worth cutting points from your tree, inefficient one is not worth putting at all.

Sorry for derailing even further, but do you have an advice what to do with those 'useless' cluster jewels? Vendor? Vendor 5 : 1? is there a guide out there? Thanks in advance.
relax - it's just ones and zeros!
"
do you have an advice what to do with those 'useless' cluster jewels? Vendor? Vendor 5 : 1?
If you're in SSF, that are your only 2 options. If you are on trade, some bigger ones can be worth something early in the league, for example I did sell bigger minion damage ones.

On mediums, some builds did favour 6-pointers for example aura effectiveness and curse effectiveness (and hey, GGG nerfed these 3 times over already). Some really high value ones will still sell as 6, for example this season it's fire damage over time, but that depends on league meta in a specific season.

If you're doing 5:1 vendor you'd also have to be wary if the outcome won't be too low level (I think the lowest of 5 is what you get). But it's hard to guess because some notables roll all the way from lvl 1 and not every build needs the high level ones. For example this build wants a chaos large preferably lower than lvl 68, but above 50, if you self-craft the cluster. That's because higher than 68 adds new notables to the pool that are not very useful to the build.

On small clusters I think the higher ilvl the better because often the small passives add more value than the notable itself and the best buffs for small passives like 35% increased effectiveness don't happen until very high ilvl (84+ or so).
Well I believe these are some good points. Thank you very much!
relax - it's just ones and zeros!
I have a lvl 81 maraketh bow, but it is hunter influenced. Am I still able to craft on this or do I need it non-influenced. I know the guide says non-influenced but I see a lot of synthesized bows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info