[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
To sum up is to use a Malomey's mechanism with Toxic Rain + Vicious Projectiles + Concentrated Effect
A random 3-link without any gem bonuses will do next to no damage. You also lose damage for not having hunter quiver with chaos dot multi. If you want to play toxic rain, I'd suggest follow Zizaran's Toxic Rain Raider build, and go all in on scaling toxic rain instead. [/quote]

ok, understood. thanks. I just thought with a trigger quiver it will be an increase of damage

"

and in the bow Caustic Arrow + Void Manipulation + Vicious Projectiles + Swift Affliction+ Mirage Archer + Damage on Full Life Damage on full life is already recommended until you pick empower, but once you get a +3 bow you start benefitting a lot from having lvl 3 / lvl 4 empower because +1 to socketed gems buffs both CA and empower giving +2 levels instead of +1. The moment you go into multimodded bow with +2 support gems, not having empower would completely ruin your dps because you want CA to be as close to lvl 30 as possible.

Mirage archer is a dead link for CA. Puddles don't stack. I see no reason to use it, if someone wants to sacrifice damage for faster mapping arrow nova is probably the best bet. Mirage archer is good for toxic rain builds because your damage stacks with mirage's damage, while it's not the case for CA.

Mirage archer is a dead link for CA. Puddles don't stack ---} I didnt know that. Thanks Viktranka!
Last edited by knnb1 on May 5, 2021, 5:28:24 AM
"
knnb1 wrote:
I just thought with a trigger quiver it will be an increase of damage
You can pob this and see how much damage it adds. But generally a 3-link will do very little damage in comparison to a 6-link, and even less when compared to a 6-link in a weapon that buffs the socketed skill.

Most cases of maloney's use are for utility skills like frenzy (for frenzy charges), hextouch + curse (for automatic curse) or culling strike.

I've seen people use it on toxic rain builds with caustic arrow + arrow nova but that's probably just to clear white mobs in maps which doesn't need significant damage.

From my personal experience, playing with maloney's and asenath's chant looks fancy but doesn't add as much damage as expected. They're at best useful for auto-proccing utility skills.
Hi there, playing your build and having a blast so far. Your guide is very informative and step by step, great stuff.

I have a noob question, sorry if has been asked before.
I have 6 CA at level 19, and you mentioned that I should Vaal them after reaching level 20, but should I use gems to upgrade the quality of all of them to 20 before vaaling?

Basicly, how do you get a 21/20 CA gem?
Thanks in advance and great guide, be well :)
"
jmxpt1 wrote:
I have 6 CA at level 19, and you mentioned that I should Vaal them after reaching level 20, but should I use gems to upgrade the quality of all of them to 20 before vaaling?
That's up to you.

If you play SSF getting any lvl 21 earlier than later is a boon.

If you play trade, lvl 21/0 CA was 15c yday on softcore trade so you might wanna just buy it for now, and flip your gems for quality (sell lvl 20 gem with 1 gcp to get lvl 1 / 20% qual) and relevel them, and then vaal after they're 20/20.

Quality on CA only adds area size not damage so it's not super important, it's more of a QoL upgrade.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
knnb1 wrote:
I just thought with a trigger quiver it will be an increase of damage
You can pob this and see how much damage it adds. But generally a 3-link will do very little damage in comparison to a 6-link, and even less when compared to a 6-link in a weapon that buffs the socketed skill.

Most cases of maloney's use are for utility skills like frenzy (for frenzy charges), hextouch + curse (for automatic curse) or culling strike.

I've seen people use it on toxic rain builds with caustic arrow + arrow nova but that's probably just to clear white mobs in maps which doesn't need significant damage.

From my personal experience, playing with maloney's and asenath's chant looks fancy but doesn't add as much damage as expected. They're at best useful for auto-proccing utility skills.

Wow, really good explanation! Now is all clear.

Thank you very much Viktranka!!
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
jmxpt1 wrote:
That's up to you.

If you play trade, lvl 21/0 CA was 15c yday on softcore trade so you might wanna just buy it for now, and flip your gems for quality (sell lvl 20 gem with 1 gcp to get lvl 1 / 20% qual) and relevel them, and then vaal after they're 20/20.

Quality on CA only adds area size not damage so it's not super important, it's more of a QoL upgrade.

What's your opinion on using an anomalous CA?
"
knnb1 wrote:
It's useless. Both alt quals are. The dot part does not count as a hit. Only initial arrow does and you aren't spamming that.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
jmxpt1 wrote:
That's up to you.

Thanks for the input :)
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
knnb1 wrote:
It's useless. Both alt quals are. The dot part does not count as a hit. Only initial arrow does and you aren't spamming that.

Understood, thanks!!
Is this build viable for SSF?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info