[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Imperial Legacy

This sucks for SSF. They rekt the card drops/zones but not the need of 22 cards to complete the set? This is ridicolous. Unreachable in SSF for me now, because I started with another character an cleared all maps in the zone, where Desert Spring is.

Or can I do anything now? Maps uncompleting is impossible, right? How did you handled that guys? Thx!
Last edited by Ir4kandj7 on Apr 29, 2021, 3:27:41 AM
"
Ir4kandj7 wrote:
Imperial Legacy

This sucks for SSF. They rekt the card drops/zones but not the need of 22 cards to complete the set? This is ridicolous. Unreachable in SSF for me now, because I started with another character an cleared all maps in the zone, where Desert Spring is.

Or can I do anything now? Maps uncompleting is impossible, right? How did you handled that guys? Thx!

You can favorite the map if you're that far in the atlas progression, if not then no there's not really any way to consistently farm that map.

6 links are pretty common this league though, I've gotten 4 6linked rare bows from Ultimatum so far (not representative in any way, could just be me being lucky).

There's using a tabula if the 6 link is really important for you, alternately something like a 5 link silverbranch/silverbough is common and is pretty good. There's also the porcupine card, but it's kind of soso because it can't roll +2 to bow gems because of ilvl, that said if you manage to get the cards early just getting a +1 roll on it is better than a 5link silverbranch.

Ultimatum drops a lot of fusings, so you can also just try to 6link a bow. 20 quality plus a 12 quality craft is easy enough to get.
How does this build do aginst the Ultimatums?

I really wanted to try it out for a long Time now, but Toxic Rain always felt better, but this League i die too much with it, so i finally want to try your Build.

Thx
Last edited by Imiona on Apr 29, 2021, 2:08:57 PM
"
Imiona wrote:
How does this build do aginst the Ultimatums?

I really wanted to try it out for a long Time now, but Toxic Rain always felt better, but this League i die too much with it, so i finally want to try your Build.

Thx

I do fine with them; none of the ultimatum effects bother me and don't really cause much trouble as I just run in circles. Biggest killers in ultimatum's I've found, other than having low evade/dodge, are maps with any two of these mods:

Players are cursed with vulnerability
Dodge chance is unlucky
+x% extra damage as <element>
-x% maximum player resistances

This is mostly because if you even take 1 chunky hit from an aura-stacked rare with any two of those mods you'll most likely just get insta-killed. It's not often I'll skip an ultimatum though, but I'll usually skip it on a t14-t16 map if it's any two or more of the above mods combined (but I usually just re-roll maps that are like that anyway).

I'd advise the Withering Step setup that Posid mentioned a page or two ago as it's a huge quality-of-life and clear speed increase for ultimatums.
Last edited by Zarasi on Apr 30, 2021, 4:10:26 AM
@ Viktranka

Hi!!

I was looking at your character and I saw I few things I liked it. You are using 2 Curses. How's that working? Bc I really like the idea

But, I was thinking to link all to a low level CWDT (CWDT + Despair + Void Sphere + Punishment). I have a few doubts. The area of the curses will be enough? Maybe using a Punishment divergent with 20% of quality? maybe it will work? If it is the case maybe drop despair from the CWDT

I also saw that you are using Dash, Wirhering step and Blink arrow. If you have to chose one, which one you will use? (If you are also using wither with totems)

Last thing, can you share your cluster jewels? I cannot see them

Thanks!!!
"
knnb1 wrote:
@ Viktranka

Hi!!

I was looking at your character and I saw I few things I liked it. You are using 2 Curses. How's that working? Bc I really like the idea

But, I was thinking to link all to a low level CWDT (CWDT + Despair + Void Sphere + Punishment). I have a few doubts. The area of the curses will be enough? Maybe using a Punishment divergent with 20% of quality? maybe it will work? If it is the case maybe drop despair from the CWDT

I also saw that you are using Dash, Wirhering step and Blink arrow. If you have to chose one, which one you will use? (If you are also using wither with totems)

Last thing, can you share your cluster jewels? I cannot see them

Thanks!!!
Contrary to most POE players I play really slowly over the course of the league. So atm my character is still in white maps. The setup isn't endgame tested or anything. You can always import one of my old characters (I have 2 lvl 97 pathfinders: one from delirium, one from harvest, and a lvl 98 raider from ritual, these give better idea of "geared" character even though they're not fully min-maxed just as much as I had currency and I'm not making a bank usually, I'd estimate I spent 30-40ex on each character over the course of 3 months and big upgrades were bought late in the league when stuff is cheaper, there are much better geared people in this thread if you check).

I don't have clusters atm. It's a budget league start setup with 1ex of gear tops.

I wanted to try punishment after lowlife threshold was changed but I can't say much about it until I get to red maps or bosses. Which won't be any time soon. I specced whispers of doom for that since it's close by.

cwdt + void sphere is decent if you have free sockets for corpse removal like delve, also I heard it's good for ultimatums so I wanna check that.

cwdt + curse I don't like, it's gonna be low level, proc unreliably (you often aren't hit on this build), lose any bonuses from self cast and only proc on mobs that actually hit you. Last season I used despair on hit ring but I used toxic rain ballistas to apply it, caustic arrow doesn't hit much. Witchfire is decent for mapping to blanket despair stuff, for bosses you can swap it out for a more useful flask. I'd either stick with self-cast curses because this build has enough downtime to fit that, or use the frenzy + barrage + curse on hit (hextouch) setup. That saves you speccing whispers of doom if you have lvl 5 awakened hextouch.

Withering step is only to apply wither during ultimatums. Generally you don't want to stop and drop totems there, you want to be on the move 100%.

Dash is for faster movement in mapping and dodging boss abilities, it's very convenient, shares cd with withering step so I only use withering step for ultimatums.

Blink arrow is to cross cliffs, gaps, rivers etc. where dash is too short. It's too slow for map movement / reactive dodging without high projectile speed and attack speed. But it's useful to do some skips other movement skills cannot perform.
"
Contrary to most POE players I play really slowly over the course of the league. So atm my character is still in white maps. The setup isn't endgame tested or anything. You can always import one of my old characters (I have 2 lvl 97 pathfinders: one from delirium, one from harvest, and a lvl 98 raider from ritual, these give better idea of "geared" character even though they're not fully min-maxed just as much as I had currency and I'm not making a bank usually, I'd estimate I spent 30-40ex on each character over the course of 3 months and big upgrades were bought late in the league when stuff is cheaper, there are much better geared people in this thread if you check).

Hi! First of all thanks for the reply!

Something like me then, Im back in Poe after a year an a half. So, I´m taking the things slowly.

"
I wanted to try punishment after lowlife threshold was changed but I can't say much about it until I get to red maps or bosses. Which won't be any time soon. I specced whispers of doom for that since it's close by.

cwdt + void sphere is decent if you have free sockets for corpse removal like delve, also I heard it's good for ultimatums so I wanna check that.

Thats what I thought. I will try it too the CWDT + Void. Let us know how punishment works when you have the chance to test it

"
cwdt + curse I don't like, it's gonna be low level, proc unreliably (you often aren't hit on this build), lose any bonuses from self cast and only proc on mobs that actually hit you. Last season I used despair on hit ring but I used toxic rain ballistas to apply it, caustic arrow doesn't hit much. Witchfire is decent for mapping to blanket despair stuff, for bosses you can swap it out for a more useful flask. I'd either stick with self-cast curses because this build has enough downtime to fit that, or use the frenzy + barrage + curse on hit (hextouch) setup. That saves you speccing whispers of doom if you have lvl 5 awakened hextouch.

You are totally right, I forgot to think about that. I will see if I prefer self-cast or the barrage set up

"
Withering step is only to apply wither during ultimatums. Generally you don't want to stop and drop totems there, you want to be on the move 100%.

Dash is for faster movement in mapping and dodging boss abilities, it's very convenient, shares cd with withering step so I only use withering step for ultimatums.

Blink arrow is to cross cliffs, gaps, rivers etc. where dash is too short. It's too slow for map movement / reactive dodging without high projectile speed and attack speed. But it's useful to do some skips other movement skills cannot perform.

I think I will use withering and Dash. I never use before Blink arrow and I dont how useful is the minion...

And again, Thank you very much!
Last edited by knnb1 on Apr 30, 2021, 2:22:14 PM
"
knnb1 wrote:
I never use before Blink arrow and I dont how useful is the minion...
It's not useful at all. Skill just allows you to teleport further than other movement skills available to rangers, well maybe except smoke mine, you can check that instead (I used it while levelling with detonate on left click).
"
It's not useful at all. Skill just allows you to teleport further than other movement skills available to rangers, well maybe except smoke mine, you can check that instead (I used it while levelling with detonate on left click).

Hum, i just find it useful to make some mobs target it instead of me, honestly. And its particularly effective in heist, when one of the partner thieves has to open a door with his abilities so the minion fires some times and gets targeted while i open fire from one side and when i get to the door, some few mobs are alreaady dead.

By the way, do you think Blight or Vaal Blight could be also liked to the withering totems (just to get advantage of the 5 link armour). Some people told totems are shared and mobs could just not get both curses but... not for sure
"
gansus wrote:
Some people told totems are shared and mobs could just not get both curses but... not for sure
Neither blight nor wither are a curse. But tbh I'm not sure what the blight totems were meant to accomplish. If you wanted them to wither debuff you'd have to waste a jewel socket for spreading rot. If they don't wither, you'd lose damage from lack of wither, while they won't do much damage itself. And even if you would consider spreading rot, blight has a smaller cast range than wither, as it's a cone in front of totem rather than circle cast at a distance. Also I don't use totems outside of big bosses and bosses tend to teleport around all the time so short range totem spell will have to constantly be replaced next to boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info