[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
WeaverT wrote:
Actually, the reason I swapped out multiple totems was because of the delay on it, I put faster casting support in there instead.
Keep in mind faster casting affects how fast the totem casts wither. Placement speed (quality on spell totem and multiple totems provides this) affects how fast you put the totem down. Multiple totems also allows you to have 3 totems up (all casting wither so it should stacks 3 times as fast) and put 2 of them with 1 click.

"
FedeS wrote:
Even with that penalty, 15% phy reduction+14%/8% block chance isn't that bad for a flask, isn't it? Other than that, what other flask can you recommend for being more tanky?
Basalt or taste of hate are better. The way armor works it gives you "15% reduction" against small hits (what you see on spreadsheet) but loses value quickly against big hits. Meanwhile basalt and taste of hate provide a steady phys reduction against both small and big hits.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 28, 2021, 11:19:07 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Basalt or taste of hate are better. The way armor works it gives you "15% reduction" against small hits (what you see on spreadsheet) but loses value quickly against big hits. Meanwhile basalt and taste of hate provide a steady phys reduction against both small and big hits.

Interesting, very good to know! But just wondering... Rumi's alone gives 14% chance to block attacks and 8% block spells without counting the armor. Isn't that alone better than 15% phy reduction?

If not, then what mods would you recommend in the Basalt, considering I already have +mov speed, anti-curse, anti corr. blood and +evasion rating on the other flasks?
Did any of you try to farm Imperial Legacy this league?
I did maybe 7 Dunes and i didnt get even 1 card, so idk if im being this unlucky or something has changed maybe?
Last edited by sajm0n on Apr 28, 2021, 12:26:34 PM
Is it possible to use blight or Vaal blight skill with the totems, same as I am doing with wither? As far as i understand, Spell totem support is the "joint" to be able to make totems use the spell. Spell totem support's text says it can support Spell Skills that are not triggered, so i guess It is possible. What I do not know is whether it has any drawbacks or something like that...
"
sajm0n wrote:
I did maybe 7 Dunes and i didnt get even 1 card, so idk if im being this unlucky or something has changed maybe?
I reported few pages ago a reddit thread claiming now they only drop in Desert Spring. Haven't confirmed this myself, but you can check that out.

"
gansus wrote:
Is it possible to use blight or Vaal blight skill with the totems, same as I am doing with wither? As far as i understand, Spell totem support is the "joint" to be able to make totems use the spell. Spell totem support's text says it can support Spell Skills that are not triggered, so i guess It is possible. What I do not know is whether it has any drawbacks or something like that...
All spell totems share the same totem cap (1 totem normally, 3 totems with multitotem, there are few other sources like Hierophant ascendancy but that's out of scope here).

If you don't specialize in totem builds the skills linked to it will deal poor damage (links spent on totem supports instead of damage increasing supports, and totem supports itself have damage penalty). For utility totems it doesn't matter (wither is a skill that doesn't do damage, just applies debuffs to help your other skills deal damage).
"
All spell totems share the same totem cap (1 totem normally, 3 totems with multitotem, there are few other sources like Hierophant ascendancy but that's out of scope here).

If you don't specialize in totem builds the skills linked to it will deal poor damage (links spent on totem supports instead of damage increasing supports, and totem supports itself have damage penalty). For utility totems it doesn't matter (wither is a skill that doesn't do damage, just applies debuffs to help your other skills deal damage).

I understand, Vitranka, but I just wanted to know if that idea, Blight or Vaal Blight could be added (also linked in my 5 link armour) to the typical Wither-Spell Totem-Duration support-Multiple Totem Support for good results. I dont really mind that much damage made by Blight, but the slowering effect.

Do you think it would help a bit?
Hey, guys.
I've been playing CA builds for a long time but this league I decided to start with something differente (Lancing Steel).
I wan't to try CA but ultimatum encounters are crazy with that amount of mobs with high speed.
So, how are you guys doing in high level maps with ultimatum encounters?
Wither can't slow that amount of mobs so I wonder some of of are using blight to slow them or something else.
Just asked a question about that, lets see what people that has much more knowledge than I do answer, hehe. Some posts ago someone has recommended using withering step and claimed that to be a good way to cope with ultimatum. I suggest you check that up
Last edited by gansus on Apr 29, 2021, 6:16:08 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
sajm0n wrote:
I reported few pages ago a reddit thread claiming now they only drop in Desert Spring. Haven't confirmed this myself, but you can check that out.

I leveled two chars from 60-70 in foothills with zero drops, and have not dropped one from doing a ton of yellow dunes and deserts. So yeah they definitely changed something which sucks.
@gansus

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you could swap out Wither for Blight and try it that way, but you wouldn't be able to trigger Vaal Blight since it's linked to the totem. I'm almost certain you can't have 2 hexes linked either, either they won't work, or an enemy can only be affected by one hex at once. Really not 100% sure though so please don't take my word for it, but try it out and let us know what you find :)

@dHsn

With the amount of evasion you have, as well as CA's damage, coverage and duration, Ultimatum trials have been a breeze. Natural phasing through enemies and immunity to ailments means I just pop a CA every now and then and maybe a blink arrow/Wither totem if I feel like it, with some Frenzy popshots in between. Haven't had many issues in the trials at all honestly, I feel like they're where the class shines. If you have decent flasks and keep an eye on your health, it's very difficult to die in them. Lots of fun.

I was having a rough patch in t15-t16s, but a few upgrades courtesy of @Viktranka and I'm massively powerful again. It's great. 10/10 would recommend!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info