[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

@MrShika

I think the end aura setup is Malevolence + Dread Banner + Crab + Clarity (medium level not maxed)?

So crab is replacing flesh & stone after you get it.

And grace is used instead of malevolence early on.

That's how I understood it at least.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Maybe stupid question, but does generosity increase effect of any aura that only affect mobs, not you? Like for example pride? Or is it only for banners?

I imagine in this case it has zero downside because we don't care about the impale bonuses. Also does linking it with generosity still allow to use the banner for on-demand fortify or is that interaction lost?

On a side note, I'm a bit sad they nerfed my delirium "trick" to use antivenom small cluster to forget about poison, along with the shakari nerf. Planning to sacrifice 1 small cluster for spiked concoction + mender's wellspring flask nodes and use curing over staunching on life flask, hopefully that works. Flask clusters can also roll Peak Vigour which is 8% extra life, not too shabby.

The small patheons make me sad, Gruthkul is crap if you play evasion and rarely get hit, Garukhan is crap if you're evade capped, Tukohama is crap if you never stand still... so yeah I guess Ryslatha is indeed the best default choice now, especially on a build that doesn't leech.

I tested those interactions where in... 3.9 i think? Banners are specific because they give buff to players and debuffs to enemies, so they can be linked with Generosity to increase their power and AoE. Pride is aura that only affects enemies, similar to Blasphemy curses without actually being a curse so Generosity has no effect on it.

I quickly checked interactions with fortify. Because banner no longer grants impale to the character who wears it, without another source of impale you cannot generate stages and therefore cannot gain fortify. Even if you could gain stages, fortify won't apply regardless - because it ultimately affects player and Generosity prevents that.

Being poison immune was great while it lasted. They really don't want you to ignore Al-hezmin anymore. Flask cluster being able to roll Peak Vigour is one of the big reason why i think this is a good alternative to damage focused clusters.

With Shakari gone, minor pantheons are all very underwhelming. I liked this system much more back in 3.0, but nowadays the buffs just barely give any value. GGG also said this system clashes with PoE 2 lore (because we no longer slay gods after all). Pretty sure they mentioned that whole system might be scrapped.

"
MrShika wrote:
noob question: with Wind Dancer, do i now have to use dread banner, or i still can use crab?

By default, Wind Dancer with Dread Banner is used because requirement to get it is close to none. Mana reservation of Dread Banner is only 10%, while Aspect's 25% reservation can easily cause troubles to newbies. Aspect of the Crab has always been in optional for that reason.

Keep in mind that with Enlighten 4 and small investment in mana regen or -X mana cost of skills you can use both. That's definitely what i'm going to do.

Might be a good idea to add this to FAQ.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 19, 2020, 11:08:52 AM
May I just ask, when leaguestarting and leveling without having anything, how do you go about upgrading your weapon as you level, do you use essences or rely on drops or what?
This league was probably my slowest league start in a long time. I spent too much time talking to people and crafting in harvest. Once you figure out league's basics, then it's a very simple yet powerful mechanic if used correctly during levelling.

UI is a bit of a pain right now due to high variance of different craft levels, resulting in long list of mods. Other than that i don't have muchto complain about.

"
Chridian wrote:
May I just ask, when leaguestarting and leveling without having anything, how do you go about upgrading your weapon as you level, do you use essences or rely on drops or what?

Weapon does not matter with exception when you find/craft bow with +1 level to socketed bow gems, 3-link or 4-link. This league, if you have right sockets it's very easy to get that mod on a weapon by spamming random "reforge" recipes from harvest. You'll get that mod soon enough.
Are you going to update the crafting section later on in the league with the new harvest mechanic? I'm braindead and need to follow a guide cause else I won't understand :)
"
Lupofin wrote:
Are you going to update the crafting section later on in the league with the new harvest mechanic? I'm braindead and need to follow a guide cause else I won't understand :)

For certain specific crafts, yes. Best example is definitely hunter amulet. You remember when i said it's extremely hard to craft it? Assuming crafts work the way i think they are (and they should), it's possible to craft them deterministically. On top of that if you try hard enough you can even craft up to max life. Mirror tier gear at fraction of old cost. There's simply no way to not craft that amulet, considering how much offensive power it bings.
Hey man, I'm using this build right now and it's working great. One question I have though, is when I reach lvl 54 to respec, how many respec points am I gonna need?
"
Hey man, I'm using this build right now and it's working great. One question I have though, is when I reach lvl 54 to respec, how many respec points am I gonna need?

I don't mention it because at act 7 you should have all required respec points - exactly 10. Later on when you'll be respecing Way of the Poacher you'll also need another 10 for a total 20 - which the amount you get for free from side quests
Alright, thanks for the speedy response!
Thanks for the guide, I am having a blast so far in SSF (no hc yet - maybe next league :P).

What is your opinion on farming porcupine in act 8?
Do you consider that an alternative to tabula at blood aqueduct, or is this way too inefficient?

I was also considering trying to skip blood aqueduct to directly farm Imperial Legacy in a9?

I am just really not targeting that tabula and do not plan other chars...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info