[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey there fellow bow(wo)men,
I am sorry to ask such a crude question BUT, how does this build cope with those fast/zoomy delirium content? Do I have any chance to follow the mist or is the dot dps too low?

Many thanks in advance! Please tell me that it is capable of coping with delirium as I enjoyed this build in the past.
"
killyouridol wrote:
how does this build cope with those fast/zoomy delirium content? Do I have any chance to follow the mist or is the dot dps too low?

Many thanks in advance! Please tell me that it is capable of coping with delirium as I enjoyed this build in the past.
Well, delirium is more rare now, but overall I played a pathfinder version of CA last league and it was fine.

Not "100 spliters per map" of course, that would require much higher level of investment (probably playing with arrow nova that literally cuts your dot dps in half when you count loss of conc effect and arrow nova penalty, and then compensating with extreme gear investment like delve +5 bow and better gear overall).

I'd say I usually invest up to 20-30ex if I play the whole league duration (for comparison sake, some people think it's nothing some people think it's a lot), I don't play SSF so can't say for that.

Biggest expenses: self-crafted bow ~7ex, empower 4 ~3.5ex, enlighten 4 ~2.5ex (not normally necessary, I was squeezing extra auras for myself, bought it late when prices dropped), dot multi watcher's eye (5ex but it started at 11ex again bought late in league), neck 3ex, quiver 1ex, large clusters 1ex *2 (they started ~3ex and you can't replicate it now because GGG nerfed them, will be much more expensive and probably better cut them from the build). Also dumped 1ex into corrupted blood jewel and megalomaniac but that was more because I had the currency at that point, it could be replaced with something cheaper.

I never got around to get some big, expensive purchases like +5 bow, -9 chaos res helmet with proper enchant, hunter influenced stygian vise or double dot quiver, but these are options for people who are faster currency farmers and can afford them.

Experiences:
- normal map delirium: fine, can usually reach the boss if it's long linear layout, can usually kill boss in delirium if no bad map mods like chaos res + boss extra life etc., and no stupid multi phase boss, long sausage map can yield around 6 bars of rewards, crappy map around 4 (or less if you get stuck in a dead end, but everyone avoids these maps anyway)

- 100% delirous maps: too slow, only did the required for challenge, but I think to do them comfortably you'd need much higher level of investment, still not sure if that's even efficient

- simulacrum: fine, sometimes I got dumpstered by the unique bosses but that's also due to my own lack of skill, worst case was 3 deaths, best case was deathless (Kosis spawned on 19 not 20). Usually 5-6 rewards per wave, also depends which city you get.

Most trash mobs should die from 1 application of the degen (outside of max delirious maps, there they didn't), if a mini boss spawns you can decide whether you wanna stop, put totems, try to kill it, or just skip it (some people say these are waste of time in normal delirium).

Oh yeah, and I didn't do any unique watchstones so highest maps I was running was 16 and not super optimized for juice (i.e. only random sextant, 1-2 scarabs and some sacrifice fragments). Have no clue what's going on in "lvl 19 double beyond map", heard they're rippy though, even from players of high dps builds like cospri ice nova.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 23, 2020, 9:19:10 AM
Spoiler
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
killyouridol wrote:
how does this build cope with those fast/zoomy delirium content? Do I have any chance to follow the mist or is the dot dps too low?

Well, delirium is more rare now, but overall I played a pathfinder version of CA last league and it was fine.

Not "100 spliters per map" of course, that would require much higher level of investment (probably playing with arrow nova that literally cuts your dot dps in half when you count loss of conc effect and arrow nova penalty, and then compensating with extreme gear investment like delve +5 bow and better gear overall).

I'd say I usually invest up to 20-30ex if I play the whole league duration (for comparison sake, some people think it's nothing some people think it's a lot), I don't play SSF so can't say for that.

Biggest expenses: self-crafted bow ~7ex, empower 4 ~3.5ex, enlighten 4 ~2.5ex (not normally necessary, I was squeezing extra auras for myself, bought it late when prices dropped), dot multi watcher's eye (5ex but it started at 11ex again bought late in league), neck 3ex, quiver 1ex, large clusters 1ex *2 (they started ~3ex and you can't replicate it now because GGG nerfed them, will be much more expensive and probably better cut them from the build). Also dumped 1ex into corrupted blood jewel and megalomaniac but that was more because I had the currency at that point, it could be replaced with something cheaper.

I never got around to get some big, expensive purchases like +5 bow, -9 chaos res helmet with proper enchant, hunter influenced stygian vise or double dot quiver, but these are options for people who are faster currency farmers and can afford them.

Experiences:
- normal map delirium: fine, can usually reach the boss if it's long linear layout, can usually kill boss in delirium if no bad map mods like chaos res + boss extra life etc., and no stupid multi phase boss, long sausage map can yield around 6 bars of rewards, crappy map around 4 (or less if you get stuck in a dead end, but everyone avoids these maps anyway)

- 100% delirous maps: too slow, only did the required for challenge, but I think to do them comfortably you'd need much higher level of investment, still not sure if that's even efficient

- simulacrum: fine, sometimes I got dumpstered by the unique bosses but that's also due to my own lack of skill, worst case was 3 deaths, best case was deathless (Kosis spawned on 19 not 20). Usually 5-6 rewards per wave, also depends which city you get.

Most trash mobs should die from 1 application of the degen (outside of max delirious maps, there they didn't), if a mini boss spawns you can decide whether you wanna stop, put totems, try to kill it, or just skip it (some people say these are waste of time in normal delirium).

Oh yeah, and I didn't do any unique watchstones so highest maps I was running was 16 and not super optimized for juice (i.e. only random sextant, 1-2 scarabs and some sacrifice fragments). Have no clue what's going on in "lvl 19 double beyond map", heard they're rippy though, even from players of high dps builds like cospri ice nova.

Thank you for your detailed response! I was expecting a mere "yes" and I would have been happy :D But now...! We seem to be pretty equal in the way we approach the game. Thanks again for your write-up!
Thanks for your feedback! Yeah I guess so far in a 5L without any levels I did not feel to lack any damage in t1 maps and all bosses to that point.

I had a blast. Just ripped the first time at lvl 72 one-shotted by some wound-up Alva mission boss cast/attack (in my 5th t1 map). Got overconfident rolled some speed/damage/multiple projectiles desert.

Well, technically nonhc - But, I have put my challenge to do 0 death ssf shaper. (chosen sc to have the possibility to rip the chars to trade league to play with my guildies in case I give up - casual after all).

I am still not sure how strict I want to have my self-imposed hc. I mean afterall I could keep the gear and start over...
Now I need to pause and reflect what next.

Thank you for the inspiration and the detail you put in preparing this guide.
Thanks a lot for the build. this is my gear and no problem with maps t13

i have all ele resis caps and chaos at 55%, next step is upgrade my bow and gems
Thoughts on the "No Witness" keystone? 10% for elusive on kill for 4 points. Do you guys think its worth the movement speed / dodge?
"
shiftnative wrote:
Thoughts on the "No Witness" keystone? 10% for elusive on kill for 4 points. Do you guys think its worth the movement speed / dodge?
I think it's great while levelling or if you play a non-raider version of this build. But on a raider you get extra dodge and movement speed from ascendancy so that 4 points could be spent into something more impactful at that point.
I'm not sure if someone hasn't already asked something similar. If so, do forgive me for repeating a question.
How do you feel about something like:

instead of, for instance, the top passive chaos cluster in the build?
"
cimerea wrote:
I'm not sure if someone hasn't already asked something similar. If so, do forgive me for repeating a question.
How do you feel about something like:

instead of, for instance, the top passive chaos cluster in the build?

I wouldn't touch something with 11 passives especially now that's it's harder to get enough notables on them so there's even more dead space on big clusters.

I'd just do a no cluster tree or slot only a medium maybe.

Unholy Grace is good.

Touch of cruelty not so because it only works when you have a source of hinder, like wither totem up. Otherwise you'd have to run aspect of the spider instead of crab lowering your survivability. And you won't have it early league anyway.

Even then, 10% mob increased damage taken in end game setup is barely worth more than a generic 30% increased chaos damage done unless you have a ton of these mods already like full on clusters, essence crafted rings, hunter belt and whatnot.

It's a servicable filler mod that actually works sometimes contrary to the mods that are completely dead (like the phys as extra chaos or unholy might on crit that are worthless for this spec and only good for poison builds).
Alright.
Since chaos-like recrafts are aplenty this league ima toss it up a bit to see if i can get something more interesting out of it. Otherwise not gonna bother.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info