[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

For Endurance charge generation on trade-league player, if you can't that get it in your boots you may also try The Red Dream jewel from Chayula breach (Not sure if its too rare for SSF players).

If you place it near the Survivalist node you can get at least 11% chance to gain Endurance charge on kill with the cost of 2 passives points.

@the_overmind92

You could also try a small cluster or megalomaniac with enduring composure, extra armor isn't very useful but the endurance charge on getting hit could plug the gap that gets created after 1st hit is lowered by Kintsugi / Wind Dancer / Crab. Theoretically chance to get hit twice in a row is very low with such high evasion and dodge, so you might find it redundant.

I also liked the idea someone posted few pages ago where if you path to duelist area you can use thread of hope and pick disciple of the unyielding + disciple of the slaughter. However it's hard to path there now with all the cluster jewels stealing the spotlight.

From what Danka said, you can also get Lethal Pride jewel and if you're lucky, or try with enough of them, one of the added mods is "5% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill" which is probably the least passive point investment solution, and you can get other useful mods from it.
"
osirisishere wrote:
Spoiler
The having to kite with this build is not doable, this has the same problem as miners for me, having to stand still to do dmg. I just tried a T16 and couldnt even get the boss half way. Procing frenzy, 3 totems, mirage archer, and everytime i stopped to fire, it would either not proc my mirage archer (weird) or the boss would 1 hit me... Y'all swear by this build and I have yet to even make it to end game with this build. I do not understand it and I will not be trying "glass cannon" builds like this anymore until I can stop lag dying or getting 1 shot by everything somehow. This build is fun for clearing but make no mistake unless you have a ridiculous amount of currency, you will be using this on high yellow, low reds. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong... IDK

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
You are probably doing something wrong.

I can tell you, I'm a pretty mechanically weak player (contrary to author of this guide, Danka, who plays SSF HC and well... there you cannot die so you have to dodge everything), and the build works great for me, with some custom adjustments, for example I do not use frenzy (I use bloodrage for delirium and no frenzy charges for other content).

All I use actively in "damage rotation" is caustic arrow, and on bosses the wither totem and self cast despair.

What I killed so far:
- Sirus 7 deathless (died on 5 and 6 before because it's my first season I'm even attempting him)
- Katarina lvl 83 for achievement in 2-man party with ice shot deadeye who was dying a lot on it
- Atziri in the temple of Atzoatl in 6 man party where 3 people died and 2 were waiting outside to get the league challenge while asking "is she dead yet?" >.> (nope it's not dead yet when she has hp for 6 man group and I have to solo it)
- 100% delirious Elder Guardian for challenge deathless (lvl 14 white map, whatever is the name of the slam guy)
- 100% delirious Shaper Guardian, died 3 times though (lvl 16 white map, Hydra, I'm bad at dodging water balls ok?)

I rarely die on normal maps (i.e. alched lvl 16, I only reroll -max res and if it has a LOT of rippy mods combined), I'm not doing "lvl 19 full delirious" because yes, for that my damage is way too low to do it efficiently and comfortably.

Well, I died on Voll (wasteland map) because I was stupid enough to try the "stand in consecrated ground" challenge on a lvl 14 map with extra boss damage mods, he charged me and 1 shot me, then I went to do that challenge on white map instead, did it first try.

Also I died 6 times from Simulacrum bosses while doing the simulacrum challenges.

But dying on normal mapping? Not being able to kill map end boss? That's weird.

Feel free to inspect my character, but fair warning it's a heavily modded pathfinder to suit my own playstyle, however Danka did say Raider > Pathfinder from defensive standpoint and you don't have to spam flasks (which is something a lot of people hate).

I don't get what do you mean by stand still to do damage, do you try to kill mobs with frenzy? That's only an auxiliary skill to apply the curse and frenzy charges, your main damage is caustic arrow, I don't even use mirage archer because I don't think it's very useful, the caustic ground area does not stack and if you want to increase coverage while mapping you can just use arrow nova (personally I don't like it due to the delay it incurs).

Basically I only use caustic arrow while mapping (and flasks, and defensive skill, I have molten shell but can be swapped with steelskin for example), and on bosses I put totem, caustic arrow, hand cast curse and then afk (or run around like headless chicken) until any of them needs to be recast. Frenzy is meant to fill that "now what" afk gap, but it is NOT your main source of damage. I have extreme potato aim syndrome though so any direct targeting skill like frenzy fails for me, so I just hand cast curse which is a big circle and hard to miss.

Now about your character, a few pointers:

1. You have lvl 19 caustic arrow. When you aren't in SSF, lvl 20 corrupted CA should be your first purchase when you reach lvl 70 to equip it. It's cheap even few days into the league not mentioning on the last week. By now, buying a lvl 21 CA should be VERY cheap and going 19 -> 21 is like going from white bow to +2 bow. For extremely cheap. Just swapping CA to 21 in your POB is a 25% damage increase (slightly more but I suck at maths).

2. I'm pretty sure awakened gems for chaos builds go for peanuts too, and they're basically lvl 21+ supports. Everyone plays herald stackers which makes gems they use more expensive and everything else dirt cheap. If you buy them, remember that 20 gcp investment into awakened swift affliction is very worth it (10% dot multi), void manipulation quality is fine too, vicious projectiles is worthless to quality so save your gcps.

3. I wouldn't bother with mirage archer, I play with conc effect always on because PF has increased area from ascendancy so it doesn't feel that bad. If you hate it though (the conc effect on raider), you can use efficacy or damage on full life (wouldn't recommend that one though if you have problem getting hit ofc). Imo mirage archer is only useful for toxic rain builds not caustic arrow, outside of very early levelling where you can't get any other supports except pierce and mirage.

You can use Vorici bench in research for white sockets if you want to swap between arrow nova and conc effect in the same bow just don't be an idiot like me that white socketed a 4g1r1b bow and saw the blue socket didn't get changed. -.- Use a 5g1r bow and if it's rank 2 or 3 Vorici guaranteed 1 green socket will go white.

4. Get quality on your totem supports, allows to place wither totem faster so it feels less clunky. Tbh I would get quality on everything except:
- auras (useless unless you're an aurabot and need the range)
- main gem (21/0 is cheap, 21/20 or 21/23 is usually expensive and barely any difference, doesn't even add damage just area)
- cwdt (wothless when linked with defensive gems which is 99% of what cwdt is used for)

5. cwdt steelskin in your current setup absorbs less than 700 damage, I don't know if that will save you from certain death, the guide has lvl 20 both, or you can manually cast it, it absorbs 2k at max rank, my personal setup for this season is guard skill + increased duration + dash + second wind (second wind will give 2 charges to dash but not to guard skills as they're "instant" but will reduce its cooldown) but that requires manual usage of guard skill. You can leave it on cwdt but consider higher level of it.

6. I wouldn't bother with phase run if you want to keep your frenzy charges, as it eats them away. I swap a slot between blood rage and phase run depending on map (no life regen or reduced recovery and bloodrage is out, phase run is in) but if I use phase run I concede to 0 frenzy charges playstyle. Having it on cwdt is probably a bad idea, eating away your preciously stacked frenzy charges. I tried cwdt + withering step, it's not that bad of a combo but you will need second wind linked to dash as withering step will eat away 1 dash charge when it procs and you want to have one to get out of Sirus "die beams" and whatnot.

7. I wouldn't bother with devoto, because it has no life and attack speed isn't very useful to this build imo. Movement speed raider has plenty already. You have 4k life. You need more. Also helmet enchant is not really mandatory, its value is about... 1.2 passive point? Personally I have 6k life with 0 life helmet and no flat life chest (only small % life on it) so how come you have only 4k? I would defo go for some 100 life helmet or close in your case. -9 chaos res aura craft on it is good, but expensive since the recent nerfs (req. lvl 85+ hunter helmet and a lot of fossil spam).

8. Voidwalkers should go as well. They have no life and 5 pierce is overkill imo. I was playing with 2 pierce like recommended by Danka (he recommended piercing shots node though not what I did), 1 from quiver implicit (yours is useless btw) and 1 from Aerodynamics cluster node, but I dropped that one for a more defensive oriented cluster instead and I play with 1 pierce and don't see that much issue. As I said, if area coverage is a problem, arrow nova is probably the solution, or dying sun flask.

9. You shouldn't have crafted life on rings, it's very easy to buy ones with 65+ life rolled on it already, if the only other thing you need is resists. You have some crazy overcapped cold res anyway, so you could definitely shift some of that budget into life.

10. If you use stygian vise I'd highly recommend getting "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" jewel in it, it's very helpful against beyond mobs and bosses that can kill you with corrupted blood (piety, sirus, etc.)

11. Roll instant recovery on at least one of your life flasks. Surgeon prefix is worthless on a non-crit spec. You can craft an immunity suffix in bestiary then augment and after few crafts you should get something better. Quality your flasks when they're scoured (white) and then craft on them.

12. Why are you running Grace and a Jade Flask? And if you're not running normal grace (50% mana reserved) only Vaal Grace (which you can ofc) then why would you spend all the passives for Charisma? According to your character stats without grace but with jade flask and avatar of the chase passive you're already at evade cap so you're wasting 50% mana reserve for nothing.

Just drop grace and the mana reserve nodes, use vaal grace if you like and swap to flesh & stone sand stance if you want to reserve some mana (it costs half the reservation grace does! no clue why discipline costs 35% but armor / evasion auras cost 50%) Or you could craft aspect of the crab for more defense instead of using flesh & stone, but one requires buying a beast and having a good enough item to put it on and the other costs only a gem socket...

13. Overflowing chalice (and Rotgut) are 2 flasks I hate with a passion. I see so many people use them and there rarely is a reason to do so. I would use either quicksilver, quartz (gives phasing = ailment immunity on demand for raider, and dodge for when vaal grace isn't available) or dying sun for extra projectiles (clearspeed).

14. I can't figure out where your last few passive points went. After filling the clusters (without the 2 redundant points on large and medium) it tells me required level 86 when you're 89. Did you miss a quest giving a passive? Did you help a bandit? (Don't.)

15. Your pathing is inefficient at some points. If you do not pick piercing shots, you should connect from below fangs of the viper and skip points right side of blood drinker and below coordination. That saves a passive point. I'd also probably try to buy a str base neck (amber) not dex because dex we have plenty on that side of the tree. Worst case you spend the saved point into prowess and get 30 str instead of 10. Also my recommendation is to ditch Grace, ditch Charisma and connect the tree from left side of Herbalism. Saves 4 points.

16. The rare jewels should aim to have % life on them, not just damage increases.

17. The cluster with "Eye to Eye" I'm kinda not sold on, pretty sure the "damage with hits against nearby enemies" wouldn't work for the dot part of CA. If you don't need the pierce node there's no reason to run a projectile medium jewel over one with let's say damage over time, that can roll much better variety of notables. For example Flow of Life can help you reach more life, Student of Decay can help you get a decent chunk of chaos res, Wicked Pall is just a great overall damage node, etc.

The one you have with exposure therapy + brush with death I wouldn't change. Both of them are great nodes for survivability and damage.

18. There are some further improvements like better bow, empower lvl 4 or +1 to chaos / dex gems neck, better stygian vise, watcher's eye, but all of those will be more expensive, so I'm leaving them out for now. Everything I mentioned above is doable for cheap / quick fix.

I have no idea what do you mean by "ridiculous amount of currency" because by the time you spend 10ex into the build (as long as it's 10ex spent wisely) you'll get around 80% effectiveness of the build and fairly functional, non glass cannon at all. Some builds don't start until 30ex+ (explody chest tailwind boots assassin anyone? not even mentioning herald stacker because that's having a heavy nerfhammer over its head) Miners on the other hand can be a bit squishy but do obnoxious amounts of damage on a shoestring budget, I have no idea why they haven't been nerfed yet. There's no build than can clear t16s cheaper than a miner.

I "swear by this build" because I like builds that can do all map mods (read: ele reflect and no leech doesn't scare me), don't have clunky mechanics (long list goes here from melee gem swapping before every boss to necro's animated guardian and spectre management), are easy to league start with, are functioning on a budget (for me 30ex is around where the build should end, not start), and don't require precise targeting (rip spectral shield throw dream). I play since Synthesis and my current character died the least of all my past creations so "glass cannon" doesn't apply. And I never really played true glass cannon (like ye olde tornado shot deadeye before it got nerfed to the ground).

Also since swap to Vulkan graphic mode I have much less delirium lag. Crashed to desktop twice and sometimes rubberbanded when dashing, but no more fps freezes. And under old system I had them every time I clicked delirium portal.

TLDR:

Buy lvl 21 caustic arrow. Get more life. 6k is very doable, 7k is achievable if you focus on it (not needed for softcore imo). 4k is too low.

Ditch Grace and mana reserve nodes and fix your passive tree. I guarantee your experience in the game will feel better. And don't try to kill bosses with frenzy, just drop your CA puddle and totems and stay safe. If you wanna use frenzy a lot, I think hollow palm raider is a better suited build for that.

P.S. Sorry for long post, but I couldn't believe someone would say this build is "glass cannon", "expensive" and "requires standing still to do damage". That's everything this build is not, especially when compared with typical ranger playstyle of ice shot / barrage.

I'm absolutely amazed by your patience and dedication Viktranka. Length of this post surpasses around half of the "guides" you can find on forums, and all for a single person. I was also triggered by that comment which i've read shortly after it was posted. I started writing reply but i quickly realized there's not much point to it because... none of it makes sense. I don't have only his comment in mind, but his background too.

My take on this situation
Something to note, our friend here already played CA Raider before (pre 3.9 patch) and almost certainly used my guide as well. On that character he actually stick to gear and passive recommendation quite well. Both current and old Raiders are 2 highest level characters ever, only beaten by his lvl 91 necro. He certainly wouldn't play it again and commited this much if he didn't enjoy it before, right? Then what's the point of suddenly writing such negative comment?

Best theory i've devised is that he likes the build, so he tried it again but with some "improvements" that will suit him. Based on what he did to the build, he likely doesn't have much knowledge about PoE. However since Delirium is extremely deadly and 3.9 also bumped up difficulty of the game, his low hp version quickly backfired. Now he's angry and doesn't want to accept it's mostly his fault.

But what do i know, there's many possible reasons. I might be completely wrong.

The worst part of all of it is that he probably didn't care to check if someone replied with any advice. He's still doing his thing.

"
maxdking wrote:
Not Kintsugi plus Wind Dancer? That would be 36% reduced total right?

That's right, but for only a single hit. In nearly all cases you'll only need one to survive majority of big hits. You also have to remember that slams aren't the only dangerous thing in this game. Big pack of spell casting monsters is also extremely deadly. Rare body armour allows to craft 10% spell dodge which deals with this problem. It can also roll other good mods and might allow to squeeze more damage/defensive mods on other gear pieces. There's a lot of options to choose from.

Obviously using both 20% less damage sources is still viable, especially with good corruptions on Kintsugi. You simply have a real choice now compared to previous "you can, but you shouldn't".

"
Spoiler
For Endurance charge generation on trade-league player, if you can't that get it in your boots you may also try The Red Dream jewel from Chayula breach (Not sure if its too rare for SSF players).

If you place it near the Survivalist node you can get at least 11% chance to gain Endurance charge on kill with the cost of 2 passives points.

Lethal Pride also grants endurance charge generation while giving many more useful stats that boost survivability. You can get end charge generation on boots and talisman too. Using The Red Dream feels like a waste, since jewels are the most efficient nodes on the tree.

I played last 5 leagues in SSF. There's almost no way to get The Red Dream. I managed to get 2 Chayula breachstones, both from league mechanic. Overall, unless you get lucky there's no way to reliably get it. Lethal Pride, while also gated by RNG, is mostly a matter of time if you target farm it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
I was also triggered by that comment which i've read shortly after it was posted. I started writing reply but i quickly realized there's not much point to it because... none of it makes sense. I don't have only his comment in mind, but his background too.
Tbh, if someone asks how to improve a build, I usually try to help if there are some glaring mistakes, and the 3 most common "noob" mistakes is see is usually low lvl gems, low hp and crap flasks. That's literally three quarters of all "advice".

I can see your point of not wanting to give "gear advice" or gear checks, as 90% of them are "here's my gear, what do I buy next" which often screams "I'm not taking responsibility for my own purchases" or "I'm too lazy to reread gear section in the guide and check what I'm still missing / have sub par placeholder for". Some of them might make sense because it's slightly more complicated problem, or the person might be very new to the game and not understand the idea of 1) POB comparing your character what's the bigger upgrade 2) spending currency efficiently (there are so many cases of "I spent 20ex and the result doesn't reflect it" and it's clear they overpaid / got scammed).

What I dislike is senseless bashing that I see in many guides ("this build is shit"), and it's even more insulting when it's a fully fleshed guide with levelling and crafting sections and not just "build showcase" with "here's my POB, enjoy". I've seen in everywhere, doesn't matter if it's ice shot, arc witch or here.

People should have some respect for the build creators if you can clearly see they put effort in it (they can criticize all they want lazy and / or POB warrior "guides"). If they have legit criticism or suggest improvements, that's ok. If it's "I don't like this build" or "It's not as strong as (insert current meta build)" then all that can be said is "play something else then". Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head, if it's your character, do what you want with it.

That also applies to "artistic liberty" that people apply to their builds. But they shouldn't blame the guide for the state of the character if it's significantly changed, for example if someone takes life based spell caster guide, turns it into low life for more damage but forgets to unspec all the life nodes and replace them with energy shield nodes it's not build guide's "fault" the character "feels squishy".

Even if the guy in question never reads the advice, maybe it will help some other people to improve their problems or at least understand that if you change 20 different things in the build it's no longer the build you followed the guide for and now it's your responsibility to make it work, not the guide's author.
Hi all, great guide -

I'm a pretty experienced player but I've never played a serious bow build in 2000+ hours, and it's finally time! I've always been turned off by these 4k life builds and the sense that you're just on the edge of death ALL THE TIME and it's never appealed to me, so I was looking for something with a bit more survivability than your standard 'gogo fast' ranger build. I'm not a hardcore player, I just hate dying.

So, this looks really fun, and I LOVE the raider QOL, especially for a league start, where you can pick up all sorts of speed for 'free' via ascendancy while still being tanky. I can't help but be worried a bit about damage, though - I'm not looking to hit a million Sirus dps in the first week, but my goal in recent leagues was to comfortably farm early yellow maps on a five link. Is that a realistic goal just running CA with budget league start gear?

In Delirium I ran a vortex occultist and that obviously tops out its damage fairly low as well, but it was perfectly fine running a five link through yellow tier maps. If Raider can accomplish something similar to that, even a little slower, as long as it's comparable I'd prefer to run Raider. But if it's really going to struggle on a five link without significant +gem level, I'm thinking I might prefer Pathfinder.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone could share their more up to date impressions of how the Raider's damage feels in a league start environment.

(I promise I've read through a bunch of the thread, I was just hoping for some new info - and I realize Delirium was ridiculous and maybe doesn't represent a more 'normal' league start environment considering how tanky those mobs were).
"
HomelessDepot wrote:
I can't help but be worried a bit about damage, though - I'm not looking to hit a million Sirus dps in the first week, but my goal in recent leagues was to comfortably farm early yellow maps on a five link. Is that a realistic goal just running CA with budget league start gear?
Well, if essence drain or bane can be a good league starter, so should be caustic arrow. It's starter damage is higher (I'm not counting the fact ed / bane can abuse low life because you will not have easy shavs at league start), and all of these builds have the downside they can't burst bosses.

I'm not experienced in SSF so you'd have to wait on Danka's comment on that (or just find them in past posts in the thread with suitable SSF tips).

But in trade league it's extremely easy to get an early 6 link so I'm not sure why would you restrict yourself to a 5-link. There are 2 sets of cards, "porcupine" and "imperial legacy" that can be bought or farmed for a premade 6-link. There are also people selling those bases for basically the price of a divine orb.

That also means you don't need to farm a tabula and can use chest for pure stats. Kintsugi, Cherrubim's Maleficence or even Carcass Jack are fairly cheap without 6-link that you don't need (afaik if you follow this guide to the letter you don't need 6-link chest until you have a lvl 5 awakened curse on hit, which is VERY late in the progression of a character).

Also the moment corrupted lvl 20 caustic arrows start appearing on the market within reasonable price, you should insta buy them especially if you aren't a mega fast grinder and yours is far off from being 20 (if it's lvl 17 or 18, it's a massive damage upgrade). Lvl 21s are expensive early on but lvl 20 "failed upgrades" drop in price extremely quick.

Another tool we have at our disposal is Shrieking Essence of Dread for +2 to bow gems, this league they were very cheap. You don't need the deafening version, it doesn't do anything more so don't bother. You can also vendor 3 screaming ones for 1 shrieking.

Casters don't have this option, the "easiest" equivalent for them would be dual wielding wands with +1 to respective type of spells. Chaos spell casters can use cane of unraveling but that doesn't solve the problem of lack of a 6-link unless you're having a tabula or something similar.

So yeah, in general I think early league progression gives us a lot of tools to headstart the build.

If we get another league that's spitting 6-links left and right, buying 6-link silverbranch and prophecy to upgrade it to silverbough is a very budget option until you unlock all the necessary crafts and get exalts to made "the endgame bow".

I rolled a CA Occultist in Metamorph, due to outside circumstances I couldn't play much in that league, but with fairly low investment I managed to get to lvl 90 and 24 challenges with very little effort to not completely waste the league.

I think it's a fairly underrated skill because people focus on builds that can clear whole screens with 1 click and do 50 million dps on shaper, but they gloss over the fact it often requires extreme currency investment to push the build to that stage. I don't know what's gonna be the "meta" and "broken OP" build of the next league, there always tends to be one, but you can't plan around starting with it because the meta isn't stabilized on day 1.

I haven't played vortex because I'm allergic to builds that "can't do ele reflect" (well theoretically it can if you either use sybil's lament or kite mobs into pre placed vortex but it's cumbersome), but from what I know you don't have much control over where it's placed, it's either under you, or you have to resort to 2-button play with frostbolt to place it away.

In that aspect I think caustic arrow is more convenient because you control where you place it. You also have tools like arrow nova, gmp, extra arrows from bow / quiver / dying sun if you want to invest in in later on, so that should help with clear. Arrow nova / gmp lower your damage though so I personally play without because I hate gem swaps before bosses (basically bane of every strike melee skill as well).

You might have to choose your content wisely though, stuff like opening whole legion or doing alva incursions with low gear might not happen (also alva missions tend to massacre you if you run -60 chaos res). I heard it's pretty good for delve though, I haven't really "delved deep" but I've heard of people who took CA Raider to 600-800 depth and farmed there efficiently (after gear investment ofc).

But yes, it's definitely different from "typical bow builds" that have to worry about weapon damage, accuracy, crit and so forth to perform well.
Excellent, thanks - I'm so unused to idea of an early six link bow, you're right of course I will keep it in mind. And good tip on the early 21 gem, I'll keep an eye out.

I think I'm going to give the Raider a shot and see how it goes, worst case I can spend a few points and respec, and I really don't want to play Trickster.
Hey, here is my rip clip at lvl 96. I made a mistake backtrack to mob skill :D
https://youtu.be/mW9DXH1qfTA
Last edited by LunaTie on Jun 12, 2020, 1:57:50 PM
"
HomelessDepot wrote:
Spoiler
Hi all, great guide -

I'm a pretty experienced player but I've never played a serious bow build in 2000+ hours, and it's finally time! I've always been turned off by these 4k life builds and the sense that you're just on the edge of death ALL THE TIME and it's never appealed to me, so I was looking for something with a bit more survivability than your standard 'gogo fast' ranger build. I'm not a hardcore player, I just hate dying.

So, this looks really fun, and I LOVE the raider QOL, especially for a league start, where you can pick up all sorts of speed for 'free' via ascendancy while still being tanky. I can't help but be worried a bit about damage, though - I'm not looking to hit a million Sirus dps in the first week, but my goal in recent leagues was to comfortably farm early yellow maps on a five link. Is that a realistic goal just running CA with budget league start gear?

In Delirium I ran a vortex occultist and that obviously tops out its damage fairly low as well, but it was perfectly fine running a five link through yellow tier maps. If Raider can accomplish something similar to that, even a little slower, as long as it's comparable I'd prefer to run Raider. But if it's really going to struggle on a five link without significant +gem level, I'm thinking I might prefer Pathfinder.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone could share their more up to date impressions of how the Raider's damage feels in a league start environment.

(I promise I've read through a bunch of the thread, I was just hoping for some new info - and I realize Delirium was ridiculous and maybe doesn't represent a more 'normal' league start environment considering how tanky those mobs were).

If a build is good for SSF then you shouldn't be worried at all, and i played it 5 leagues in a row now. I usually get to high tier yellow maps on +2 4-link before i finally get my hands on 6-link (i completely skip 5-link). Not the most pleasant experience on bosses but it certainly clears fine. That's just nature of DoT builds.

If you're playing trade league then you should easily be able to collect full stack of Imperial Legacy. Farm a little yourself and buy the rest from other people. Card is common enough to be really cheap.

In the end, whether or not damage is sufficient is purely subjective.

"
LunaTie wrote:
Hey, here is my rip clip at lvl 96. I made a mistake backtrack to mob skill :D
https://youtu.be/mW9DXH1qfTA

Once i saw that abyss, i already knew what's going to happen. Map mods scaled monster's damage perfectly and it also had extra phys aura on top. To be fair you almost survived with that 8k life. Maybe if you had Steelskin-CWDT or fortify in a bottle annointment you could've live.

Level 96 in HCSSF is quite big accomplishment nonetheless.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 12, 2020, 8:13:08 PM
Hey all i have been out of the game for quite some time. Just wondering if my gear and build are a little out of date and if there are any ways for me to upgrade on what i have. Cheers!!
GEAR

BUILD
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeBS0FtQahBucHHgguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmOH0EhdiLqI_YkiySdJT8miCaVKlsuUzBxMHwyATpCP2xDMUd-SRNJUUp9S3hM_02STipQAFFHUuxVS1uvXEBd8l5FYeJh62JaYqxlTWyMcbB07XWedct2gnn2elN67311f4B_loAihNmGzod2h8uJ4IrwjDaNfY1-jb-P-pMflS6YU5uNnAKdqp63n22jiqQFpuCnm7CrsTCyGbTFtNG1SLcwvTa-p763wuzDOsN5xILIDMjwzZjPFc9602_TftQj1lTawd2o5ljoWujW6UbqYu2D7g7vevDV8W366_zF_rr_EA==?accountName=The_Rain_Man&characterName=Elem_Mental
IGN: Elem_Mental

Lets all drink red bull jump out of a plane and hope for the best.
Last edited by The_Rain_Man on Jun 15, 2020, 6:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info