[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
WOJ_TAS wrote:
Is it SSF viable?
Yes, author of the guide played it for many seasons in SSF HC.
First of all this is a great build thx for that.

I struggle with crafting the double dot multiplier for the Quiver. I spended 300-400 Abberant fossils for it and dont hit the double dot mod. Is this normal or iam just unlucky?

I switched to alt+regal and after 200-300 regal tries still no double dot multiplier mod. I have a Hunter piercing quiver ilvl 84. Someone has the same unluck or do I something wrong?
"
Briedoge wrote:
First of all this is a great build thx for that.

I struggle with crafting the double dot multiplier for the Quiver. I spended 300-400 Abberant fossils for it and dont hit the double dot mod. Is this normal or iam just unlucky?

I switched to alt+regal and after 200-300 regal tries still no double dot multiplier mod. I have a Hunter piercing quiver ilvl 84. Someone has the same unluck or do I something wrong?

It is stated in the guide that obtaining gg quiver is kinda difficult. I recommend to use one dmg mod plus additional pierce, way way easier to get and there are other options where to get the dmg (jewels, other gear).
Haven't been here in a while. After I wasn't satisfied with the raider, I played couple other builds but none can reach this lvl of qol, so I decided to get back with a twist. I went with Pathfinder, I get phasing from flask, jewel with elusive on kill and another with poison immunity, I crafted semi-ok bow and I run aspect of the crab (which with 3 endurance charges gives me like 50-55% phys reduction). Rn I am in the process of swapping gear to the end-game but still have managed to kill A^ sirus (my 3rd ever fight) with only 1 death.

This brings me to my question, how to use awakener orb on this build? Like.. what can I craft that 'll be useful? It's my first and I want to use it but dunno how. I have around 26-8 ex of raw currency at the moment. :P

Thanks for any ideas.
"
MrPluszu wrote:
This brings me to my question, how to use awakener orb on this build? Like.. what can I craft that 'll be useful? It's my first and I want to use it but dunno how.
You can take hunter neck with +1 to chaos gems and elder neck with chaos dot multi and combine them... but someone told me in another thread it's better to just take pure hunter neck and aberrant fossil spam it... So be warned you might be just losing currency like that.

Since you can buy pretty good neck for around ~10ex and ensure it has good mods, I'm not convinced crafting is the way because you can certainly get 2 mods guaranteed + 4 complete trash. Necks like that (scrambled mods) sell for 1ex or so and are basically a waste of an orb.

I bought mine for 3ex, it has only rank2 of the chaos multi not rank1 but it had nice amount of life and rank1 + high life + gem level was 18ex at that time so I decided to budget it.

P.S.
"
MrPluszu wrote:
jewel with elusive on kill and another with poison immunity
These are really good but recently I felt like I'd rather spend 2 extra points on life than poison immunity and just bought desert spring for 7c to get shakari pantheon. (It's still great to have poison immunity from early maps instead of waiting until you're good to go into 15s, that jewel is still great QoL.)

Which small pantheon do you run instead?

P.S.2. Is art of the gladiator that much worth to you?

Wouldn't it be better if you skip the small nodes around fury bolts, pick fury bolts itself from thread of hope circle and put the remaining points in heavy draw / deadly draw?

Was about to say art of the gladiator is just 5% movement speed but apparently cherrubim is only 3% penalty not 5 despite having armor on it. So per point value it's the same as quickstep (which is 6% for 2 points). Freedom of movement is in similar boat, 10% for 3 points and also a bit of dodge. So I'm surprised you'd invest into going for art of the gladiator when you can pick bravery from thread of hope already.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 26, 2020, 2:05:03 PM
Didn't notice that, I got threat of hope later on and didn't look much into that, bcs I didn't feel like I needed points, good advice I'll change it around tomorrow. I Run ralakesh bcs I still didn't get around getting a immune to corrupted blod jewel and it prob saved me more times than note. I am kinda slow on noticing I have 10+ stacks of that on me. xd I'll look into buying an amulet after I finish my belt, fosil spamming still didn't give me what I want.
Yeah I'm using trash level corrupted blood immunity jewel as well atm because debating whether it's good idea to buy immune to bleed while affected by malevolence watcher's eye or rather save for the dot multi one, it's been dropping in price recently but was fairly expensive earlier on.
Been a while since i last posted here. Just wanted to let you guys what i've been up to lately. Previous week i updated for Bleed DPS Calculator which added support for a lot of mechanics introduced in a past year and some more.

Besides that i also started a new character which is mostly a meme i wanted to try out after i saw certain cluster jewel notable. The result so far is great, but unfortunately low on single target DPS. Better gear and especially large cluster jewels could partially fix that issue. I recorded a video so you can see it in action.

In case it's not obvious from the gameplay, i use Kineticism keystone (cluster jewel) and Empire's Grasp gloves to suck in enemies into my totems. I also increase maximum amount of ballistas with cluster jewels, up to 9 ballistas simultaneously. Is it very good? Not really. Is it fun? Hell yes.

I still have plenty of optimizations to do, but even with them i don't see it becoming a top tier build any time. After i'm done cosplaying walking toilet / vacuum cleaner i'll definitely switch to Toxic Rain ballistas. Should deal significantly higher damage and overall be a top tier build, likely without knockback shenanigans since TR defeats the purpose anyway (pods knockback enemies).

I also did a lot of improvements to my filter. Most of the work is done but i didn't bother touching rare items yet.

Next guide project is already in progress. I started recently so it's gonna take me some (very long) time as usual, but i'm working on it. I updated all my guides recently so there's no other job that can distract me from it. That's it for now.

"
MrPluszu wrote:
Spoiler
Haven't been here in a while. After I wasn't satisfied with the raider, I played couple other builds but none can reach this lvl of qol, so I decided to get back with a twist. I went with Pathfinder, I get phasing from flask, jewel with elusive on kill and another with poison immunity, I crafted semi-ok bow and I run aspect of the crab (which with 3 endurance charges gives me like 50-55% phys reduction). Rn I am in the process of swapping gear to the end-game but still have managed to kill A^ sirus (my 3rd ever fight) with only 1 death.

This brings me to my question, how to use awakener orb on this build? Like.. what can I craft that 'll be useful? It's my first and I want to use it but dunno how. I have around 26-8 ex of raw currency at the moment. :P

Thanks for any ideas.

I more or less agree with Viktranka on awakener's orb use. There's a lot you can do but the amulet is likely the best choice. Next best thing is probably spell dodge + endurance charge on kill boots. If it's worth spending awakener's orb on in a trade league? This i cannot tell you.

If you have problems with corrupting blood, just roll bleed immunity on 3rd utility flask. That's what i've been doing for a very long time now, but it's not necessary with quick reflexes. Just another thing that makes playing more relaxing.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
i been playing this build every league because i like it so much, this league i made some modification on it just a lil bit hopefully the owner doesnt mind xD,
this league i remove frenzy and curse on hit + despair instead i get a despair curse on hit ring and crafted a min frenzy charge on it and my other ring as well as my amulet to have a perma 3 frenzy charges and replace the standard frenzy curse on hit despair with toxic rain + gmp + culling + faster att + mirage archer + life gain on hit (its awesome) since i basically have another temporal chain curse that can slow monster down cept that its not temporal chain but toxic rain debuff and combine that with wither totem + aspect of spider the result is amazing and this league i went with pathfinder instead thats the only setup that i changed and it work great, hopefully it help to give some idea on what can be done with this amazing build

tl;dr:
modify some setup
chest: toxic rain + gmp + culling + faster att + mirage archer + life gain on hit (for a nice 60% slow debuff) and a nice life gain on each hit mirage archer is amazing

ring 1: curse enemy with despair on hit + crafted (1 min frenzy charge)
ring 2: crafted (1 min frenzy charge)
amulet: crafted (1 min frenzy charge) perma 3 frenzy charges

ascendancy i choose pathfinder

p/s: thanks DankawSL for the awesome build
Last edited by Bintorung on Apr 28, 2020, 8:55:54 AM
Has anyone done 100% Delirium map with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info