[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

So... I was browsing the cluster jewels and if I understand correctly, the small passive nodes are always set in stone depending which category the passive belongs to?

I've seen passives that are "on the edge" and are able to roll from a couple of different small passives (I've seen it with jewels that refer to flasks), but for example I was checking Tempered Arrowheads and it always, always seem to have "12% increased damage with bows" as the small nodes.

Is it worth going for it knowing we'd have to "waste" at least 2 points pathing to it? My gut feeling tells me for 3 points it's not good value.

Side note, a notable that says "30% increased attack damage", does it work, or nope? Because apparently the "bow" wheel jewels can have a notable from the generic attack mod pool like Heavy Hitter or Smite the Weak, but I'm worried those also won't apply to the dot portion.

Also was checking your guide to cluster jewels and you didn't include anything from the "projectile" bucket. A jewel like this seems quite useful:

Afaik "projectile damage" works as long as it doesn't say "projectile attack damage", it is a medium type jewel and seems fairly efficient for what it does, and has an extra source of pierce.

I dunno how to copy paste an item I don't own so screenshotted 2 different jewels 1 from trade 1 from POB import.

Except "Follow-Through" every other notable from that section seems useful though.
sooo, im planning on using a cluster jewel which has eternal suffering node and +5% to chaos dot multiplier, which will be about 30-40% total of chaos dot multiplier, so im not going to allocate the 'blood drinker' node, would you think that's a fair enough price to sacrifice our hp and boost dmg?
How do we generate Frenzy Charges after speccing out of "Way of the poacher"? Do I Have to cast "frenzy" every 10 seconds or do I miss something?
"
hekaria wrote:
How do we generate Frenzy Charges after speccing out of "Way of the poacher"? Do I Have to cast "frenzy" every 10 seconds or do I miss something?
You have to do that, or get an item with the mod "% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill" (creator of build has it on his gloves on the gear he listed for this build). For this exact reason, I'm holding on to Way of the Poacher node for now because I can't be arsed to use frenzy every ~10 seconds while mapping.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
So... I was browsing the cluster jewels and if I understand correctly, the small passive nodes are always set in stone depending which category the passive belongs to?

I've seen passives that are "on the edge" and are able to roll from a couple of different small passives (I've seen it with jewels that refer to flasks), but for example I was checking Tempered Arrowheads and it always, always seem to have "12% increased damage with bows" as the small nodes.

Is it worth going for it knowing we'd have to "waste" at least 2 points pathing to it? My gut feeling tells me for 3 points it's not good value.

Side note, a notable that says "30% increased attack damage", does it work, or nope? Because apparently the "bow" wheel jewels can have a notable from the generic attack mod pool like Heavy Hitter or Smite the Weak, but I'm worried those also won't apply to the dot portion.

Also was checking your guide to cluster jewels and you didn't include anything from the "projectile" bucket. A jewel like this seems quite useful:

Afaik "projectile damage" works as long as it doesn't say "projectile attack damage", it is a medium type jewel and seems fairly efficient for what it does, and has an extra source of pierce.

I dunno how to copy paste an item I don't own so screenshotted 2 different jewels 1 from trade 1 from POB import.

Except "Follow-Through" every other notable from that section seems useful though.

Passive point type (or enchantment if you prefer) on cluster jewels dictates what notables the jewel can roll. If a notable has anything that's associated with it's stat, it can appear. For example cluster jewel with chaos DoT multiplier can roll almost anything related with DoT damage. Life and mana flask recovery can roll Peak Vigour which is a life node because it has 30% increased life recovery from flasks.

Projectile notables are simply not as good as the other options similar to chaos DoT multiplier ones. However chaos DoT multiplier on small passives is also much stronger than 10% projectile damage and can roll chaos notables. Extra pierce is useful, but until you get more arrows you kind of need those 3 pierces total. At that point you might as well try crafting hunter quiver with +1 pierce prefix. It's definitely an option tho, i might it to the list later.

Bow that we know cluster jewels inside and out, i should remake the list and put it inside the guide instead of linking to the post. Hopefully i can fit into 50k character limit.

Anything that says "Attack Damage" doesn't work with CA's DoT. "with Attacks" will work with secondary damage sources.

"
MrShika wrote:
Spoiler
sooo, im planning on using a cluster jewel which has eternal suffering node and +5% to chaos dot multiplier, which will be about 30-40% total of chaos dot multiplier, so im not going to allocate the 'blood drinker' node, would you think that's a fair enough price to sacrifice our hp and boost dmg?

All info about cluster jewels including suggested passive trees can be found in Passive Tree section.

"
hekaria wrote:
Spoiler

During mapping you don't have to generate frenzies. Damage should be high enough. Against bosses the frenzy setup works fine. You can use it to upkeep frenzies during mapping as well, but that's optional.

Gloves with "#% chance to gain frenzy on kill" are also a possibility if you want to automate it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hey. Thanks for the guide. Came back to PoE after a break and I am having a lot of fun with this build. Despite your detailed comments in every section of the guide, I d like to ask a few things.

1 - I noticed that the low investment tree for the new jewels includes Vaal Pact. Is this on purpose? Just asking because I havent noticed you allocating it in any other skill trees that are included in this guide. Thanks for clarifying.

2- I am currently using 6L Silverbough unique bow that I was able to acquire. Is this viable option for now or should I just look for a +3 bow asap?

Thank you for the guide again.
"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Spoiler
Hey. Thanks for the guide. Came back to PoE after a break and I am having a lot of fun with this build. Despite your detailed comments in every section of the guide, I d like to ask a few things.

1 - I noticed that the low investment tree for the new jewels includes Vaal Pact. Is this on purpose? Just asking because I havent noticed you allocating it in any other skill trees that are included in this guide. Thanks for clarifying.

2- I am currently using 6L Silverbough unique bow that I was able to acquire. Is this viable option for now or should I just look for a +3 bow asap?

Thank you for the guide again.

I checked and did not see Vaal Pact allocated. It's likely you clicked it by accident when moving passive tree or something like that.

Silverbough is a very solid bow, however once you find #% chaos DoT multiplier craft it's highly recommended to craft rare +3 6-link as soon as possible.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
Spoiler

Passive point type (or enchantment if you prefer) on cluster jewels dictates what notables the jewel can roll. If a notable has anything that's associated with it's stat, it can appear. For example cluster jewel with chaos DoT multiplier can roll almost anything related with DoT damage. Life and mana flask recovery can roll Peak Vigour which is a life node because it has 30% increased life recovery from flasks.

Projectile notables are simply not as good as the other options similar to chaos DoT multiplier ones. However chaos DoT multiplier on small passives is also much stronger than 10% projectile damage and can roll chaos notables. Extra pierce is useful, but until you get more arrows you kind of need those 3 pierces total. At that point you might as well try crafting hunter quiver with +1 pierce prefix. It's definitely an option tho, i might it to the list later.

Bow that we know cluster jewels inside and out, i should remake the list and put it inside the guide instead of linking to the post. Hopefully i can fit into 50k character limit.

Anything that says "Attack Damage" doesn't work with CA's DoT. "with Attacks" will work with secondary damage sources.
Thanks for clarification, I see I had it backwards, the small nodes control notables not the other way around... I didn't know chaos nodes can roll on chaos multi jewel, I mostly saw them on the "12% increased chaos damage" type of jewels and 12% increased sounds much worse than 5% multiplier.

Don't know if the bow notables can roll on anything else than bow jewels though, that's a bummer, because 2 notables from that section are really nice.

I thought you said 2 pierce is enough since you said if we get hunter quiver with 2 pierce we can drop the pierce from notables.
What chest would you recommend instead of "kintsugi".

I got the feeling I am dying way too often. The new league mechanic is just ridicilous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info