[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
wrw47 wrote:
So I’ve seen other guides swapping from this wither totem setup to either siege or shrapnel ballista, withering touch, duration...poison builds are of course adding another stack of poison but faster attacks or gmp could go in the fourth link for our purposes here. Anyone tried this and have thoughts, or should I run the experiment myself tonight?
You can try it and tell us the results.

But I don't expect it to be great, 1. poison builds scale weapon damage since poison scales off it, so their attack ballistas will do more damage than here 2. withering touch support is only 25% chance to apply withered so you'd need 4x as many totems to stack it as fast as wither totem on average, and wither totem with multiple totems is 3 totems, so I don't think this can happen.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
Any idea where the best place would be to drop a glorious vanity jewel to receive the best damage without losing as much other stuff in the process?
I'm not sure if there's any way to get good corrupted nodes (it's mostly luck), now where to put it to not ruin anything in the main build, probably either on point blank or pain attunement, whichever costs fewer points to reach. You don't want to ruin acrobatics and on perfect agony you will corrupt Method to the Madness that will probably end up as damage loss.

"
Did I get as lucky as I think I did?

Does this damage over time multiplier scale with CA cloud?
Yes, both damage over time multiplier and the chaos one (crafted) stack, this is a very good bow. Not perfect (I think the damage over time can roll up to 35% max?), but should serve you well until you decide you want to try for the perfect / multimodded one.
How should I craft these gloves further?
https://pastebin.com/A0mVtbdG any idea's guys? coz i dont have any :D
I am having so much fun with this build and I didn't even invest in most of the end game gear.

This just dropped:

At first look, it would appear that these are the perfect boots for this build, but the price on the marketplace is pretty low. What am I missing? Is it because there aren't any resistances on them?
"
I am having so much fun with this build and I didn't even invest in most of the end game gear.

This just dropped:

At first look, it would appear that these are the perfect boots for this build, but the price on the marketplace is pretty low. What am I missing? Is it because there aren't any resistances on them?

No resists, and Elder boots with unconditional spell dodge are better than “while phasing” for QOL. And the evade bonus during Onslaught is local not global, so you can probably match or exceed that on your Elder boots with a good base as well (and 200 evade is noise compared to flasks, ascendancy, etc bonuses).
That makes sense, thanks! I guess the only remaining question is...
"
Empower replaces Damage on Full Life OR Concentrated Effect

I want to say that you want to keep Concentrated Effect because it doesn't require you to always be on full life, as sustaining full life that might be difficult when it matters most (for strong bosses). But in the bossing videos, most of the time the character is on full life so I am not sure.
Thank you for this well written build. I'm able to spend a few ex on this and curious to see what I can scale this to. So far comfortabley farming t16 maps. Even defeat Sirus without any issues (after the patch though).
It's almost hard for me to believe a whole week passed before i logged in once again. I've had a great time interacting with my friends and playing some singleplayer games. Starting to go back on the track again and probably about to roll bleed bow character.

Most questions were already answered and Viktranka was on spot every single time. Despite that i'll answer some of the already solved problems people had.

As a reminder i'm not doing gear checks because they take ages and it's very easy to do it yourself.

"
Spoiler
DankawSL, in some of your builds, one of your support gems for the wither totem is "faster casting" instead of "multiple totems". Is this a valid alternative? It will work better given the colour of my sockets on my gear at the moment.

Faster Casting can be alternative to Increased Duration. Spell Totem - Wither - Multiple Totems is a must, that support gem is simply ridiculously good.

"
RandomEvilEye wrote:
Spoiler
Maybe I missed it, but does this build need caustic arrow with quality 20? And if so, how does gemcutter's prism work, does 20 gemcutter's prism mean quality 20?

With recent changes to boss and monster life values, focusing on getting level 21 gem is way to go. Quality is extra bonus of low importance. You can farm 20/20 CA gems for corruption later.

Yes, 1 Gemcutter's Prism = 1% quality on gem.

"
high_as_duck wrote:
Spoiler

What do you think about this? Can we embed it into the build?

Viktranka is correct, Assassin's Mark is just pointless for the build. Temporal Chains or Enfeeble are much more valuable. Poacher's Mark or Warlord's Mark are also better candidates (for easy charge generation). The biggest issue is increasing curse limit to 2 without using up subpar items or giving up annointment. The easiest way to get 2 curses is... Awakened CoH. Once again, the ring is pointless for the build. It's best suited for crit poison builds.

"
Sartorius9 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, great build. A question about the passive tree: does Toxic Strikes (below Druidic Rite) really do anything? Does %30 increased Chaos damage with Attack Skills" increase DoT damage? I skipped that line (including Thick Skin), went for Avator of the Hunt. The extra movement speed feels nice.

If it didn't work i wouldn't be using it. The amount of damage you get per point is incredible.

"
MaklayBayBay wrote:
what if i take with Thread of Hope Crimson Jewel - phase acrobatics in passive three, skipping Acrobatics and next 3 nods? Is there any reason?

I didn't play around with the jewel to be fair. In this particular case you're not achieving anything useful, really. Extra dodge is always nice and you also waste jewel slot (2/3 points taken away). In short, losing 40% dodge in order to save 1 or 2 passive points at best is absolutely not worth it. You would need to take something extra to make it worthwhile.

"
RubikMonat wrote:
Spoiler
Suggestions for polishing the main post:

Please list the required crafting base item in the crafting instructions for all items. Just like you have done with the amulet. Looking for what boots or gloves etc I need to find is a considerable distance away.

I don't understand what this means:
"
Gloves: of Spite
Nothing else is useful, really. You can totally ignore the gloves enchantments.
Is that section only about lab enchantments?

I'm new to POE so I don't know if this is a widely known tip, or something that might be worth adding to the crafting guide: I'm finding it much better to acquire two base items and always crafting on the worst one. This way I can keep and use the good but not amazing rolls while still trying to make something better.

Thanks so much for your work on this guide. It's been really amazing to learn the game.

This is the best gear I've managed to craft so far:

That quiver, I'd really like an open suffix to use to balance resistances, but too risky to try to remove the maim from it. Everything else on it is useful.

This chest was a drop in the pens, I couldn't believe it. I 6-socketed it in about 220 orbs, then 6 linked it in only 280. I couldn't believe my luck. I rerolled the numeric values a couple of times to get high life and > 50% range for the other variables. But I die too much, I'm trying to link my kintsugi to go back to that.

I don't see much point to list crafting bases for other gear. When i list a base it means it's the optimal choice. Amulet and belt is the best example. For other gear it's less important like for gloves/boots/helmet - you should already know that you want evasion based gear in general. When it comes to rings it's entirely up to you which ones do you want to craft.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
Any idea where the best place would be to drop a glorious vanity jewel to receive the best damage without losing as much other stuff in the process?

How can anyone tell you that with tens of thousand of possible combinations?

Glorious Vanity should be used primarly to get amazing defensive keystones, for that you should slot them near Perfect Agony or Point Blank keystones.

"
wrw47 wrote:
Spoiler
So I’ve seen other guides swapping from this wither totem setup to either siege or shrapnel ballista, withering touch, duration...poison builds are of course adding another stack of poison but faster attacks or gmp could go in the fourth link for our purposes here. Anyone tried this and have thoughts, or should I run the experiment myself tonight?

Withering Touch will never beat Wither when it comes to reliability and speed of stacking the the debuff. For poison it makes sense, for chaos DoT builds that aren't poison you should never do it.

"
Kodesterx wrote:
Spoiler
How should I craft these gloves further?

Multicraft and call it a day imo.

"
Spoiler

This just dropped:

Outclassed by Atziri's Step and elder/redeemer influenced boots. Evasion rating increase is global making it very good defensively, but at the same time we already hit the cap relatively easily so... Not worth imo.

"
Spoiler
That makes sense, thanks! I guess the only remaining question is...
"
Empower replaces Damage on Full Life OR Concentrated Effect

I want to say that you want to keep Concentrated Effect because it doesn't require you to always be on full life, as sustaining full life that might be difficult when it matters most (for strong bosses). But in the bossing videos, most of the time the character is on full life so I am not sure.

That's your choice. Both have pros and cons. Currently i'm leaning towards Conc Effect personally. It's much harder to stay on full life this patch.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:

"
MaklayBayBay wrote:
what if i take with Thread of Hope Crimson Jewel - phase acrobatics in passive three, skipping Acrobatics and next 3 nods? Is there any reason?

I didn't play around with the jewel to be fair. In this particular case you're not achieving anything useful, really. Extra dodge is always nice and you also waste jewel slot (2/3 points taken away). In short, losing 40% dodge in order to save 1 or 2 passive points at best is absolutely not worth it. You would need to take something extra to make it worthwhile.

I play your build and thank you for this one, it`s great.

Though I`m only in process of dps scaling (slow player and don`t have much time to farm a lot), but I played a little in POB and using two jewels Thread of Hope can boost damage a lot. In price of 300 HP did +300k dps just on jewels.

1 jewel (medium ring):
Disciple of the Slaughter
Fury bolts
Disciple of the Unyielding
Bravery + 10% increased maximum life

2 Jewel (large ring):
Master Fletcher
King of the Hill
Aspect of The Eagle

Link to POB -> https://pastebin.com/G6ePe2yM
Last edited by THATISDNA on Jan 17, 2020, 8:24:16 AM
not sure how to delete post xd