[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
weppe1337 wrote:
@Danka if avatar of the hunt is not worth it, how come most top players run it? I'd like to hear their argument on the win /loss of going for it
A lot of "top players" by xp or pob damage are tricksters, so for them extra evasion / movespeed / cdr on movement skills can make more sense than for a raider that already has a tonne of evasion / movement speed from ascendancy.

Tbh I've seen a lot of tricksters anoint crystal skin as well, and beats me why, do they really have than much problem with elemental damage taken, or is it some form of new meta? Could be also for avoiding ailments, which again raider doesn't have to worry about.

"
zyplex wrote:
Regarding crafting selection, are you guys sure that a bow craft with attack block is still working?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ejfidd/psa_all_orbs_ignore_metamodscrafts_not_only_the/
They say it's only for warlord / redeemer / crusader / hunter orb.

Normal exalt isn't affected.

If you use uninfluenced crafting base and normal exalt you shouldn't get any of the new mods if I understand correctly.

Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 4, 2020, 2:11:18 PM
Thanks Dank you are the man!
Why put in a jewel section when you have no jewelspots in the three? Maybe im just blind. Awersome build, im really enjoying it.
"
JensLynild wrote:
Why put in a jewel section when you have no jewelspots in the three? Maybe im just blind. Awersome build, im really enjoying it.

He mentions it on the guide, you just need to read it more carefully.
Hey guys,

i got myself a +1 Dex Skill gems amulett today.

As i equipped it, I noticed that the damage per second of caustic arrow did not increase.

After some trying I found out when i remove the caustic arrow gem from the bow and socket it again the increased damage get displayed correctly.

Whenever i change to a new area, the damage number keep decreasing to the old value and only if i resocketed the caustic arrow gem would get displayed with the new value.

Anyone else encountered this bug? Is just the tooltip false or are the new amuletts bugged and the +1 level dont count most of the time?

Ty for answers.
"
BadUncle23 wrote:
Hey guys,

As i equipped it, I noticed that the damage per second of caustic arrow did not increase.

After some trying I found out when i remove the caustic arrow gem from the bow and socket it again the increased damage get displayed correctly.

Whenever i change to a new area, the damage number keep decreasing to the old value and only if i resocketed the caustic arrow gem would get displayed with the new value.

Anyone else encountered this bug? Is just the tooltip false or are the new amuletts bugged and the +1 level dont count most of the time?

Ty for answers.

Yeah it's a known bug; it happens with +1 chaos gems on amulets as well. I found that instead of having to re-slot the gem, you can just change to your off-weapons then back to the main ones and it applies the proper increase (for me, I just press X twice in a map to quickly switch back and forth). It's a bit of a pain, but hopefully they'll get a fix out soon.

Also I believe it's not a tooltip issue, as I remember reading someone did a test with Split Arrow where they got the gem to a particular level where the +1 from the amulet would have given an an extra arrow but it didn't until they fixed it by re-slotting the gem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFF0LXib5cc&feature=youtu.be

Sirius lvl8 if anyone interested. U can bait storms vs totems but its not always work, and barrage instead gmp helpful to proc onslaught.
Last edited by Rederonik on Jan 5, 2020, 2:27:01 PM
"
xwarfacex wrote:
"
JensLynild wrote:

He mentions it on the guide, you just need to read it more carefully.
Yep, as far as I remember the guideline was pick jewel slots after lvl 94+, wherever they're close by.

It's a pretty sound advice because I've seen many other builds publish full lvl 100 tree with jewel sockets and inexperienced players bee-line for the sockets while they have low-value jewels, generally wasting their talent allocation.

Jewels for this build are not as strong as let's say for a crit multi or flat ele stacking build, so you can definitely leave jewels until you exhausted other good passives.

Watcher's eyes unfortunately are less accessible after atlas rework, so they have gotten much more expensive than before. Especially with good mods, or mods than are used by multiple popular builds.

The most useful mod "increased damage over time while affected by malevolence" since it doesn't have the chaos restriction anymore since 3.8 or so, will be desired not only by all the other chaos builds, but also vortex / cold dot, and ignite builds too. So it's at 14ex atm on the trade league.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 5, 2020, 4:59:14 PM
"
Zarasi wrote:
"
BadUncle23 wrote:
Hey guys,

Ty for answers.

Yeah it's a known bug; it happens with +1 chaos gems on amulets as well. I found that instead of having to re-slot the gem, you can just change to your off-weapons then back to the main ones and it applies the proper increase (for me, I just press X twice in a map to quickly switch back and forth). It's a bit of a pain, but hopefully they'll get a fix out soon.

Also I believe it's not a tooltip issue, as I remember reading someone did a test with Split Arrow where they got the gem to a particular level where the +1 from the amulet would have given an an extra arrow but it didn't until they fixed it by re-slotting the gem.

Thanks for the quick answer and explanation. I try to remember weapon switching everytime i enter a map now. Maybe we should add this hint to the crafting guide that it is currently bugged.
Here's my items right now at level 91

lol at my quiver, it's being replaced ASAP.. !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info