[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Sir,
This build is the sole reason I'm playing PoE, so thank you for that.
Have some stupid questions about crafting. I hit a needed suffix with alts/aug, then regal and hit 2nd suffix. Now i have rare item only with 3affixes: 1prefix and 2suffixes. How i can remove one of unnecessary suffix? How to do this correct? Give some advice please. Maybe annul isn't the only way?I thought so because you did not mention this moment with this second thrash suffix, only about removing prefixes.
In build u say " If you hit suffix, you can choose if you want to stop or to go to next step." I not fully understood, what should I do with 2nd suffix. AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :D

"
slamdozer1 wrote:
Have some stupid questions about crafting. I hit a needed suffix with alts/aug, then regal and hit 2nd suffix. Now i have rare item only with 3affixes: 1prefix and 2suffixes. How i can remove one of unnecessary suffix? How to do this correct? Give some advice please. Maybe annul isn't the only way?I thought so because you did not mention this moment with this second thrash suffix, only about removing prefixes.
In build u say " If you hit suffix, you can choose if you want to stop or to go to next step." I not fully understood, what should I do with 2nd suffix. AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH :D
With the changes to multicrafting, you only need 1 suffix empty (for multicraft) and 2 prefixes open (which you're gonna craft on), 1 prefix is needed for the +1 to socketed gems, the other 2 suffixes do what you wish - keep 1 good or try to annul and get another useful. Trying to get both dot multi and extra arrow will be hard tho.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 8, 2020, 1:54:01 PM

Thanks DankawSL for the build and teaching how to craft. Making this bow filled me with incredible joy.

Spoiler
"
slamdozer1 wrote:

You want the item to have NO prefix, even if it's the one you'll want in the end. That is because you'll slam an exalt to get that +1 gem lvl it in the later step. So you want 2 of the desired suffixes, no prefix and you'll craft the rest yourself.
Last edited by Daemyx001 on Jan 8, 2020, 8:52:08 PM
Ok, finally bought a bow for 10 chaos, and crafted my +2 to bow gems:

Now, I mastercrafted the 2nd suffix myself, because I didn't want to get something completely useless using an augment orb. Will this be a problem when trying to follow the classic +3 bow crafting method (when I eventually have 2 exalts):
"
Average cost: 6-link ilvl 64+ bow, 2 exalts, ~200 alts, 4 chaos, few regals, few scours, few tens of augs

Step 1: Spam alts/augs until you hit +2 to Socketed Bow Gems (prefix)
Step 2: Add a suffix with augment orb if it doesn't have already
Step 3: Regal and pray for another suffix. If it's a prefix, scour the bow and return to step 1

Step 4: Craft "Cannot roll attack mods"
Step 5: Slam the bow with exalted orb for guaranteed +1 Socketed Gems
Step 6: Remove the crafted mod, and then craft 36-40% Chaos DoT Multiplier

i.e. did I mess up step 2? If not, I believe I completed step 3 successfully.
I’ve reached the point where I have currency but don’t know what to upgrade or change. Anyone have any ideas? Here is my gear:
"
Cromi38 wrote:
I’ve reached the point where I have currency but don’t know what to upgrade or change. Anyone have any ideas? Here is my gear:

Could drop extra arrow on quiver for one with chaos damage over time multi / damage over time multi. (or get one with both)
Can get awakened gems.
Can get malevolence watchers eye (increased damage over time multiplier).

Could also try rolling a decent glorious vanity. I sacrificed some life with mine (400) but gained decent damage in the form of increased chaos damage and 25% to wither on hit, and increased effect of non-curse aura (malevolence). Also gave me a bit of chaos res and 2 nodes I can pick up for increased damage over time. I got lucky with mine (3 divines), it could take a lot of currency to roll a good one.
Last edited by lapen on Jan 9, 2020, 6:05:04 AM
Most of the questions were already answered so i'll pick only recent ones. As a reminder, i'm not doing gear checks right now.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Tbh I've seen a lot of tricksters anoint crystal skin as well, and beats me why, do they really have than much problem with elemental damage taken, or is it some form of new meta? Could be also for avoiding ailments, which again raider doesn't have to worry about.

I find it quite funny actually. Crystal Skin itself is not THAT great. However if you pick up all 5 points and craft 25% ele ailment avoidance on two pieces of gear you can be immune to them. It's quite big investment tho.

I personally considered doing that on my bleed character.

"
slamdozer1 wrote:
Spoiler

The guide is set up in such way that you don't have to think about anything. Just follow to the letter and you'll get what you want.

These 2 suffixes will remain. That particular part of 2nd step can be translated to "Are you fine with your current suffixes? If yes, proceed to next step. If no, scour and start over."

"
Spoiler
Ok, finally bought a bow for 10 chaos, and crafted my +2 to bow gems:

Now, I mastercrafted the 2nd suffix myself, because I didn't want to get something completely useless using an augment orb. Will this be a problem when trying to follow the classic +3 bow crafting method (when I eventually have 2 exalts):
"
Average cost: 6-link ilvl 64+ bow, 2 exalts, ~200 alts, 4 chaos, few regals, few scours, few tens of augs

Step 1: Spam alts/augs until you hit +2 to Socketed Bow Gems (prefix)
Step 2: Add a suffix with augment orb if it doesn't have already
Step 3: Regal and pray for another suffix. If it's a prefix, scour the bow and return to step 1

Step 4: Craft "Cannot roll attack mods"
Step 5: Slam the bow with exalted orb for guaranteed +1 Socketed Gems
Step 6: Remove the crafted mod, and then craft 36-40% Chaos DoT Multiplier

i.e. did I mess up step 2? If not, I believe I completed step 3 successfully.

Yes, you can't proceed further with crafting. This method requires 2nd suffix. It's not too big of a deal tho, you'll get +2 bow gems in next ~100 alts anyway.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Yeah, I suspected that there was a limit as to how many self-crafted affixes you can have and that I shouldn't have done that.

I just don't know where I'll get 2 exalts for crafting the +3 bow. I might be better off using the fossil method... if I knew where to farm them. Any advice as to how best to get them?
Where to farm fossils for bows: You can get all three needed for the bow between two biomes, petrified forest and fungal.
I took a very long time to get enough corroded and bought about 6 of them.

Also keep dense and pristine as you find them these are used for boots and the perfect for buffing quality past 20%. I made my bow 30% quality with what i found (No idea if it gives any benefit because i started with a 6link, but definitely worth doing to help you link a new bow), and somehow my kintsugi is 28%, so I think it works on armours too
Last edited by RubikMonat on Jan 9, 2020, 6:13:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info