[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

What do you feel about the node Avatar of the Hunt in the skill tree? I see alot of top players on poe.ninja taking it and also sometimes the jewel slot ahead of it.
"
weppe1337 wrote:
What do you feel about the node Avatar of the Hunt in the skill tree? I see alot of top players on poe.ninja taking it and also sometimes the jewel slot ahead of it.

Great node, but not any realistic way to reach it without gimping yourself in some way, and it's not worth taking over Corruption as an allocation for damage. If you try to reach it manually by spending two points on strength/dexterity then the damage-per-node value comes waaaay down; and if you rerouted the row below it then you'd gimp yourself by missing out either Toxic Strikes or Heavy/Deadly Draw (and that's not counting the loss of life from Thick Skin).

Jewel slots are worth it though, particular the ones near Golem's Blood, Fervor, and Charisma for 2 points each. Once you can get yourself some triple stat jewels (i.e. 7% life, 4% chaos dot multi, and area/chaos/projectile damage) they become a lot better than the life/evasion nodes near Mana Flows, and the two extras near Revenge of the Hunted while also giving you some flexibility for more life on your build when going over level 93 or so.
this league drives me crazy, a lot of 1 hits make me sad...

No idea how to improve my endurance on this league. Ez kill Sirus but... random metamoprh can kill me at once just hit bang and bye.
Or maybe I should exalt slam while blocking? Idk what to do why my ammy, I’m waiting to see what Dank thinks :) also Dank I really appreciate you :D
Last edited by Cromi38 on Jan 3, 2020, 6:02:37 PM
"
fuksdelux wrote:

No idea how to improve my endurance on this league. Ez kill Sirus but... random metamoprh can kill me at once just hit bang and bye.

Yeah I had similar issues and it drove me crazy. Capping Chaos resistance sorted this for me. Some of the degens and random chaos-based nukes from nowhere were instagibs, even with 6.5k life. Once I've capped my Chaos resistance I've not had many issues... a couple of close calls where I've gone to 1000 life or so (even with 75% chaos resistance, that's how silly some of those random chaos-based hits are).
Last edited by Zarasi on Jan 3, 2020, 6:10:42 PM
Regarding crafting selection, are you guys sure that a bow craft with attack block is still working?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ejfidd/psa_all_orbs_ignore_metamodscrafts_not_only_the/
Does the flat chaos from these gloves boost my caustic arrow damage or is it basically useless?
"
zaroff85 wrote:
What if any of the new Awakened Support Gems should I use? I have currency to get them but I don't want to get one that doesn't help CA do more Damage

Awakened gems are simply upgraded versions of already existing gems. Every single one is better than the basic ones. This should've been obvious.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
Spoiler
After many many many alterations and regals I made this amulet. What do you think I should do to make it complete?
It’s t2 chaos over time but also has life therefore I don’t have to craft life onto it.

Close enough, with some divines it should have almost crafted life value. I would multicraft it and call it a day. Whatever you craft is your choice.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Pretty sure awakened void manipulation and vicious projectiles are straight upgrades to normal version, nothing flashy but like having lvl 25+ support gem.

Awakened swift affliction is more tricky because it shortens the duration much more than non awakened version so you run into bigger risk of the puddles expiring before you manage to refresh them if you memorized how often you have to normally refresh them.

I don't think other gems used have awakened versions and gems normally not used won't be competitive, for example awakened added chaos (estimated around 15% damage upgrade for +1 to chaos gems) won't beat even efficacy (24% upgrade + effect duration). Awakened increased area also caps at 14% more damage.

What I don't know is whether awakened curse on hit does bypass your normal curse limit? Would be cool if it did, allowing 2 curses without whispers of doom, but sounds too strong to be true. If anyone knows about I'd like to hear about it.

Considering i suggest 30% duration helmet anyway, that extra 10% reduced duration is not that big of a deal. I would say it's straight upgrade with that helmet enchantment. Without it the duration loss might be noticeable.

I'm 90% positive the awakened CoH is just THIS good. AFAIK the basic version already can apply multiple curses at once, so the awakened version increasing the limit by 1 is almost guaranteed.

"
N0cturnaI wrote:
Spoiler
got lucky and six linked my kintsugi, what will be the best choice in the frenzy setup for the sixth link? on fifth I used culling strike. Atm I have withering touch in it, is that a good idea? maybe blind support is helpful?
What do u guys and danka think? ty

I already list 6-link for body armour inside optional gems.

"
weppe1337 wrote:
Spoiler

There's not a single reason to pick that wheel up. It's inefficient. Same amount of travel nodes as middle way only to pick up subpar nodes. Meanwhile Toxic Strikes gives 22,5% damage PER POINT and Thick Skin gives 7% increased life per point. The only thing that makes top route somewhat ok is if you need extra mobility, but we don't.

That extra close jewel slot seems like a "good deal", until you realize there's a lot of 3-pointers around. Again, going out of the way for that is not worth.

"
fuksdelux wrote:
Spoiler

There's A LOT of things you can do to improve your survivability. Aspect of the Crab, Divine Flesh (Vaal legion jewel), Hardened Scars (hidden notable). If you get them all, you should take significantly less damage. That's also my ideal setup but well, kind of hard to do that in SSF.

"
zyplex wrote:
Spoiler
Regarding crafting selection, are you guys sure that a bow craft with attack block is still working?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ejfidd/psa_all_orbs_ignore_metamodscrafts_not_only_the/

I saw that earlier and i have that interaction in mind, but it doesn't matter at all. None of my crafting recipes takes influenced exalted orbs or awakening orb into account.

"
Cromi38 wrote:
Spoiler
Does the flat chaos from these gloves boost my caustic arrow damage or is it basically useless?

No, it's a useless mod.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
@Danka if avatar of the hunt is not worth it, how come most top players run it? I'd like to hear their argument on the win /loss of going for it
But i've just explained it to you. Did you even read what i wrote?

I also had someone giving similar argumentation as you in my bleed bow guide. Thing is that having high level character doesn't mean you're a top player. This guide would never exist if i shared the common opinion of the playerbase. I'll stick to math and my own experience.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info