[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Can't say enough good things about this build. It's so smooth to map and boss with. Currently almost lvl 95 with 6,677 life and 455k DoT tooltip resting in hideout. 1 death so far from lvl 83 mastermind boss 1 shot (meta SC league).
Delirium IGN: Language
Good guide. Awful build.
It can be playable, but you will have to spend a ton of time and currency.
Not worth it.
"
high_as_duck wrote:
Good guide. Awful build.
Not worth it.

Are you high as duck? HCSSF viable and costly don't really go together. What item(s) is expensive and/or time consuming? \o/
Delirium IGN: Language
Hey, I tried looking it up but there's too many pages...
So, I'm trying to roll a +3 bow using your guide, and instead of hitting the +2 bow gems, I hit the +1 socketed, then augmented, regaled and hit a suffix.
Should I proceed with the crafting? Will I get the +2 now if I craft no attack and slam or do I have to scour and get the +2 instead?
"
reetismatic wrote:
"
high_as_duck wrote:
Good guide. Awful build.
Not worth it.

Are you high as duck? HCSSF viable and costly don't really go together. What item(s) is expensive and/or time consuming? \o/

LMAO.

Viable for what?! For map clearing? Wow. Incredible. What a build!
How many ppl kill Sirus with this build in HCSSF?
Or show me your 1-hr kill on SC-trade. See, u cant.
Last edited by high_as_duck on Jan 1, 2020, 9:43:10 AM
"
high_as_duck wrote:
"
reetismatic wrote:
"
high_as_duck wrote:
Good guide. Awful build.
Not worth it.

LMAO.

Viable for what?! For map clearing? Wow. Incredible. What a build!
How many ppl kill Sirus with this build in HCSSF?
Or show me your 1-hr kill on SC-trade. See, u cant.

What build do u recommend that isn't costly and has good clear and good at bossing i'm looking for a build for a 2nd character (not looking to play necromancer if that's your suggestion, too boring and too easy)
"

What build do u recommend that isn't costly and has good clear and good at bossing i'm looking for a build for a 2nd character (not looking to play necromancer if that's your suggestion, too boring and too easy)

Icicle / Pyroclast Saboteur - great choice for this league. Good clear speed, mobility, sick damage.
"
HorribleSubs wrote:
Sorry this question has probably been asked before but is crafting a bow cheaper than buying one out right? Right now a cheap 6link +3 bow goes for 2ex on Meta SC.

I mention to self-craft the bow twice, once in progression and once in equipment section. It's always cheaper that way (unless you get unlucky).

"
weppe1337 wrote:
Spoiler
Im at 5k hp and finally blow through yellow maps. really like the build. I have some questions regarding damage though. First of all. At 5k HP is it fine to start focusing more on damage? I have not played a dot based build since ed/contagion which was well over 3 years ago, and I didnt understand much back then as it was my first character.
For example, in pob. Do I only care about the DOT dps? Or what other would it matter to have an eye on? (average damage, total damage per poison, total dps) and so on. I believe its the dot dps I focus on and disregard the rest but just wanna make sure.
Another thing in pob I noticed is that when I added chaos damage multiplier to my bow to see what the damage difference would be, nothing happened at all.
Lastly, what sources of damage are valued the most? In order of increase so to speak.

The guide's title includes "DoT Focused", it should be self-explainatory.

If you wrote the custom stat incorrectly it might've been ignored (red text).

DoT Multiplier is usually what you should be focusing on.

"
AragoWolf wrote:
I cant get the past bin to work in path of builds for some reason it says invalid account name?

You're supposed to copy&paste that link to "Import from Pastebin..." .

"
RubikMonat wrote:
Spoiler
I thought they would buff the Frenzy attack a bit?
I find the Cursed Frenzy very useful with metamorph fights. I got a dirt cheap 5 link Kintsugi. Even the curse icons alone make the fight easier, since everything is black goop. I guess later on it wont matter though, my tooltip dps for CA is still only about 150k, once the build is more complete it looks like it will blast them instantly anyway.

Frenzy isn't used for damage, but for buffing yourself and debuffing monsters. It's not meant to deal damage itself.

"
Daemyx001 wrote:
Spoiler

Should I keep rolling for the endurance charges or is this fine?

These are really fine boots, but at the same time all the stats that matter can be found in any non-influenced boots. 3-5% spell dodge is a bit low unfortunately. You can either keep them if they're better than your current boots or try crafting further. Your choice.

"
HorribleSubs wrote:
Spoiler

Hello I'm super new can someone tell me what to do with this bow? It doesn't have any prefix' left so I can't craft Chaos DOT should I just Anull and hope for the best?

You can try, nothing else left to do. To remind, you have 1/3 chance to save the bow from having to be recrafted with fossils.

"
Tetrad wrote:
Spoiler

As you predicted, I managed to hit T1 hybrid life using Leo slam. Thanks DankawSL.

...What the hell dude. I said there's chance of hitting, but it should be around ~20% to actually hit it. On top of that you hit the T1. This helmet is (almost) perfect.

"
Spoiler
Hi!
I made bow with 2 suffixes and I put cannot roll attack modifiers. After I slammed exalt I got lvl 10 onslaught.
Thought +1 gems was guaranteed!
What did I do wrong ?

You used elder bow. There's ~30% chance of it happening if you're using that base. Go back to step 3 and try again.

To note - i did NOT list elder bow in crafting requirements. However everyone seems to just look at the example bow and copy it.

"
Reactor33 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey friend, really love this build, been using Caustic Arrow builds since I started (not that long ago tbf), but I'm wondering something.

When am I supposed to switch out my Hyrri's Bite and other twink gear? I'm level 45 now, and I feel like I probably should've switched it out by now, but I'm not that experienced with this game and its mechanics.

It's simple, switch out when you find something better. Hyrri's Bite is used mostly for early int/strength requirement, so at this point you can easily replace it. I don't know what other twink gear you have. Personally i only ever use Goldrim + Wanderlust + Silverbranch.

"
yuushasama wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, I tried looking it up but there's too many pages...
So, I'm trying to roll a +3 bow using your guide, and instead of hitting the +2 bow gems, I hit the +1 socketed, then augmented, regaled and hit a suffix.
Should I proceed with the crafting? Will I get the +2 now if I craft no attack and slam or do I have to scour and get the +2 instead?

You're using classic method i see. No, don't craft further. You need +2 bow gems or the method will not work.

Keep in mind that fossil crafting should be cheaper on average.

"
high_as_duck wrote:
Spoiler
Good guide. Awful build.
Not worth it.

If your last characters were summoner and a miner, then everything else will feel like trash. Both of them have ridiculous damage for close to no investment. This build is opposite with main focus on being as tanky as possible first, then focusing on damage upgrades.

About killing Sirus, many people have done that with the build already. My guildmate in SSFSC included. You can find his kills on budget gear in video section.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dankaw, you answer every single quetion. Sincerely, thankyou for all of the work you put into this.
Spoiler

Currently at 1.3m Shaper DPS (with max frenzy and wither) with the gear i have on. Obviously have lot of improvements to be made. Got to 30 Challenges and have killed Sirus with this build. No Watcher's Eye jewel. I made the bow, quiver, hp ring and the gloves myself. It is a budget friendly build BUT min-maxing this build requires heavy investment. Breaking 2m DPS as well as sustaining 5k+ hp will require effort. I'm moving on to a new character because....it got boring for me at endgame with this build. I also decided to get Flesh and Stone for reduced damage and blind.

Give you my Pros and Cons for new players trying out this build;
Pros:
Damage over Time.
"Hit" and run.
High Evade.
Fast mapper.
Cheap until min-max.
Items can be crafted. [MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT IN AN ITEM BEFORE YOU DO THIS].
Not an FPS ripper [good for below average setups]

Cons:
Evade does not always pull through
One shot is inevitable unless you play incredibly safe. [unless you have 6k-7k hp which is possible but you'll sacrifice damage]
Don't have the satisfaction of "hitting" enemies [cause it's DoT]
Not the flashiest character.
Not the fastest boss killer or mapper.

Good luck everyone. Have fun. Happy 2020 to everyone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info