[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Cromi38 wrote:

Any chance to make these good or should I scour and keep crafting?

Huh, interesting, I just picked up the green version (fire/cold armor/evasion) today, scoured them and I'm looking into how to craft into something good, (new to POE, so I wanna do it to learn the methods). Keen to see what advice you get. I have a set of gripped gloves to craft too, extra damage cant hurt. I Have only seen two pairs of the boots and one pair of gloves in about 3 days in maps.
The reason I got those specific boots was to spam at least one blue socket and one red until I get three red which should be fairly likely, for my malevolence totem gem set, then perfect fossils to get them to high quality, link them, then, my knowledge runs out. Prefix life & move speed. Suffixes as a coiple of resistances is where I want to be.
I need to get my evasion up, I'm really lacking because I'm using Geofri's Crest helmet for the resistance at the moment.
Last edited by RubikMonat on Dec 30, 2019, 10:28:44 AM
"
DankawSL wrote:

Somebody didn't read end game bow crafting. +2 support gems is superior to +2 bow, but requires Empower in order to be better. I don't mention it in equipment section so newbies won't screw themselves over by getting expensive bow without buying empower (it's happening sometimes anyway).

I admit my bad in that case. I was completely convinced that we want to push CA level as high as humanly possible.

Should I use this to craft the 'end game' bow? Its ilvl 85. I know you said ilvl 86 in your craft section but on that website you linked (poedb) it says this can roll the additional projectiles.
Last edited by Kodesterx on Dec 30, 2019, 11:35:20 AM
"
Cromi38 wrote:
Spoiler

In theory it's the best base. In practice craftins is pain thanks to multiple extra prefixes, including mana affixes. You should avoid ES bases for that reason. Strength/dexterity boots are fine tho.

"
Songweaver wrote:
I admit my bad in that case. I was completely convinced that we want to push CA level as high as humanly possible.

You're not wrong, the goal is still the same. You completely forgot Empower also increases level of supported skill gems, so in the end it's the same as +2 bow gems... with a little extra. Other support gems are also higher level and effectively it gives more damage.

"
Kodesterx wrote:
Spoiler

Should I use this to craft the 'end game' bow? Its ilvl 85. I know you said ilvl 86 in your craft section but on that website you linked (poedb) it says this can roll the additional projectiles.

Read carefully. There are two different +1 arrow mods, one of them is available at ilvl 86.

I don't recommend elder bases for crafting, but i guess the cost of it in SC makes the downside to spend extra 3ex to correct rolling another prefix. (~3/10 chance) I'll add this to the crafting section later.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Sorry this question has probably been asked before but is crafting a bow cheaper than buying one out right? Right now a cheap 6link +3 bow goes for 2ex on Meta SC.
Mathil Fan Girl
Im at 5k hp and finally blow through yellow maps. really like the build. I have some questions regarding damage though. First of all. At 5k HP is it fine to start focusing more on damage? I have not played a dot based build since ed/contagion which was well over 3 years ago, and I didnt understand much back then as it was my first character.
For example, in pob. Do I only care about the DOT dps? Or what other would it matter to have an eye on? (average damage, total damage per poison, total dps) and so on. I believe its the dot dps I focus on and disregard the rest but just wanna make sure.
Another thing in pob I noticed is that when I added chaos damage multiplier to my bow to see what the damage difference would be, nothing happened at all.
Lastly, what sources of damage are valued the most? In order of increase so to speak.
I cant get the past bin to work in path of builds for some reason it says invalid account name?
Hello,
first of all. Thanks for the great guide. Iam using this for my SC charakter and it is the first time iam really sticking to PoE and exploring the endgame of the game.

Being pretty much a beginner, i have now reached a point where Iam a little bit uncertain what to do and where to spend my money on.

I can clear t16 maps easily but am struggeling a bit with single target dps in boss fights at the moment.

I have a budget of around 10ex to spend.

What would be the recommendations to invest in. I know there are probably a lot of mistakes in the gear, which you guys probably spo out directly.

(please ignore the anointment on the amulet, was for challenge purposes :) )

"
Realmistico wrote:
Hello,
first of all. Thanks for the great guide. Iam using this for my SC charakter and it is the first time iam really sticking to PoE and exploring the endgame of the game.

Being pretty much a beginner, i have now reached a point where Iam a little bit uncertain what to do and where to spend my money on.

I can clear t16 maps easily but am struggeling a bit with single target dps in boss fights at the moment.

I have a budget of around 10ex to spend.

What would be the recommendations to invest in. I know there are probably a lot of mistakes in the gear, which you guys probably spo out directly.

(please ignore the anointment on the amulet, was for challenge purposes :) )

Getting corruption anointed will give you about 9% dps increase and getting nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance on your helmet will give you another 7% dps increase. Both are really good dps increases for the build.
"
RubikMonat wrote:
"
Cromi38 wrote:

I have a set of gripped gloves to craft too, extra damage cant hurt.

Gripped gloves do nothing for CA dot as it states Projectile Attack Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info