[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Can anyone tell me in order what increases the damage of CA the most? <3
"
tom333 wrote:
"
RubikMonat wrote:
"
Cromi38 wrote:

Any chance to make these good or should I scour and keep crafting?

I have a set of gripped gloves to craft too, extra damage cant hurt.

Gripped gloves do nothing for CA dot as it states Projectile Attack Damage.

I thought they would buff the Frenzy attack a bit?
I find the Cursed Frenzy very useful with metamorph fights. I got a dirt cheap 5 link Kintsugi. Even the curse icons alone make the fight easier, since everything is black goop. I guess later on it wont matter though, my tooltip dps for CA is still only about 150k, once the build is more complete it looks like it will blast them instantly anyway.

Should I keep rolling for the endurance charges or is this fine?
Hey,

with the new conquerer affixes there are some new mods that can roll on jewellery.

I assume something like this:

Viper Scarab Lapis Amulet
Level: 65 ilvl: 85
+30 to Intelligence
+48 to Intelligence
+8% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+43% to Fire Resistance
+1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems
+52 to maximum Life

Would now be BiS for our build right? A straight up +1 to Caustic arrow and the 3 dex support gems will push up the build in damage by quite some bit.

It is even possible to get 2 of those mods on amulet:

Death Gorget Citrine Amulet
Level: 65 ilvl: 85
+19 to Strength and Dexterity
+19 to Dexterity
+1 to Level of all Chaos Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems
+53 to maximum Life

Did someone test those mods out already? By how much % did your damage increase with +1 dex gems? I am curious to know before investing some Exalts.

Thanks
"
BadUncle23 wrote:
Hey, with the new conquerer affixes there are some new mods that can roll on jewellery.

There's a section about it in the guide:

"
DankawSL wrote:

Jewellery crafts
Spoiler
Hunter Amulet
Hunter mods:
* +1 to Level of all Chaos Skill Gems (prefix, ilvl 82)
* +1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems (prefix, ilvl 82)
* (13–16)% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (suffix, ilvl 80)

This amulet is one of the reasons why +5 bows aren't recommended. Crafting an amulet with all 3 of those mods and good life is going to be close to impossible. Settling on any 2 of those should be enough. Expensive crafting is required regardless. There's many ways you can approach crafting, which one is the best depends on how good you want it to be:

Budget - Aberrant Fossils
Spoiler
Requirement: hunter amulet ilvl 82+
Method: Aberrant

Step 1: Spam Aberrant fossils until you have 2 desired mods.
Step 2: Craft life or any other mod you're missing at crafting bench
Step 3: In case you hit two +1 level mods, you should consider selling it for VERY BIG amount of money or consider very costly metacrafting.

Expensive - Alt -> Regal method
Spoiler
Requirement: hunter amulet ilvl 82+
Method: Aberrant

Step 1: Spam alts/augs until you hit at least one of the following mods:

* +1 to Level of all Chaos Skill Gems (prefix, ilvl 82)
* +1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems (prefix, ilvl 82)
* (13–16)% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (suffix, ilvl 80)

Step 2: In case you managed to get chaos DoT multiplier AND +1 level to gems, you should consider imprinting it with beastcrafting.
Step 3: Regal the amulet:

* 3a: In case you hit two +1 level mods, you should consider selling it for VERY BIG amount of money or consider expensive metacrafting.
* 3b: If you hit Chaos DoT Multiplier and +1 level, you can multicraft remaining mods.
* 3c: If you still have only one mod, scour the amulet and return to step 1.

"
weppe1337 wrote:
Can anyone tell me in order what increases the damage of CA the most? <3
There's a basic order of "what to upgrade first" in the levelling / progression section of the guide, so check that first.

Checking your gear, you have the basics (lvl 21 CA & +3 bow w/ chaos multi), what would I do next is first move bulk of your resistances to rings, they have some crap mods (adds x damage to attacks) and low resists. Then start crafting the quiver when you're no longer chained to capping resists with it. Then get gloves / amulet with chaos multi. Amulet with +1 to chaos / dex gems and chaos multi would be even better, but super expensive, check the excerpt from guide quoted to the other question above.

Your sulphur flask is quite awful, increased armor does little when you don't stack armor. I'd use jade or basalt probably. You also don't need remove burning since you already have avatar of the veil (and quartz flask, pop that and all ele ailments should get removed). Get curses instead (warding). Craft that in menagerie (bestiary), no need to alt spam, however if you want the "reflexes" affix (increased evasion), you need to alt spam that one.

Getting 3-resist belt will be harder / more expensive, but you could try to get some of the str / int requirements there, or at least more life.
Last edited by Viktranka on Dec 31, 2019, 4:49:12 PM

Hello I'm super new can someone tell me what to do with this bow? It doesn't have any prefix' left so I can't craft Chaos DOT should I just Anull and hope for the best?
Mathil Fan Girl
Last edited by HorribleSubs on Dec 31, 2019, 8:56:48 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:

As you predicted, I managed to hit T1 hybrid life using Leo slam. Thanks DankawSL.
Last edited by Tetrad on Jan 1, 2020, 1:52:42 AM
Hi!
I made bow with 2 suffixes and I put cannot roll attack modifiers. After I slammed exalt I got lvl 10 onslaught.
Thought +1 gems was guaranteed!
What did I do wrong ?
"
Hi!
I made bow with 2 suffixes and I put cannot roll attack modifiers. After I slammed exalt I got lvl 10 onslaught.
Thought +1 gems was guaranteed!
What did I do wrong ?
You used an elder bow?
Hey friend, really love this build, been using Caustic Arrow builds since I started (not that long ago tbf), but I'm wondering something.

When am I supposed to switch out my Hyrri's Bite and other twink gear? I'm level 45 now, and I feel like I probably should've switched it out by now, but I'm not that experienced with this game and its mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info