[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
For someone like me who dislikes the totem playstyle and started using and enjoying withering step what would be a recommended substitute for those open 4 gems (instead of the wither setup).
Thanks!

also got this item which is quite nice i think

I was going to ask him what he think about those gloves :D
"
KOLACIC1 wrote:

My gear so far, somehow i have hit a wall and cant kill Awakener, i always get to the last phase and thats it lol.
i have around 5.4 k HP and 800 k DPS.
I have a hard time also killing bosses which do Magic skills ....best example would be the erradicator boss.
Anything to improve except to get more HP.

+3 Bow. Not +1/+2 support bow, rather +1/+2 bow skills. Could potentially get +1 to all dex gems on amulet. Main goal is to push Caustic Arrow gem level as high as you can.
Could get chaos dot multiplier on gloves, amulet, could potentially craft chaos damage rings etc.
Headhunter is shit, and most definitely overrated. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to use it on Sirus fight, nor any of the guardians. Get a proper belt with chaos damage, life, resists.
Last edited by Songweaver on Dec 29, 2019, 8:02:02 AM
Do we really need 3 arrows (1 from quiver, 1 from bow as the author provided in crafting section), or 1 on bow is enough?
"
reetismatic wrote:
Spoiler
Found something interesting.
The +1 to chaos gems does in fact bring my CA from lvl 27-28 with base chaos damage going from 4503-5073. However, this does not translate to increased DoT damage in the tooltip. It stays exactly the same with or without the amulet equipped. Figured I'd share that since it's interesting. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Didn't even submit this post before discovering what the issue was. I had to remove and re-socket the CA gem in my bow to see the damage increase in the tooltip. Cheers.

EDIT EDIT: New development. Looks like you can snapshot the dps boost by swapping to that amulet, replacing CA gem, then swapping back to a dps amulet. The snapshotted tooltip boost reverts back when you load into a new area. Boss fights????

It was already discussed earlier in the thread. It's most likely a bug that needs to be fixed. I'm positive GGG doesn't want snapshotting in the game. Plus it would also need testing if it actually snapshots etc. Obviously i can't do that right now but i might do eventually in MSC (once i create a character there).

"
Tetrad wrote:
Spoiler
I have also noticed that after completing a map, and I try to spawn a metamorphed boss, the metamorphed boss has a reasonable damage that can kill you which is intended since it is a "Boss League". But what annoys me the most are those spawned mobs encircling the boss which are my usual suspect on some of my unexpected deaths. Although I know that it is avoidable by prepping totem+CA degen+staying away from the spawn area just before it spawns, there are just instances that I almost die to those things instead of the boss. I don't exactly know if that was also part of your RIP#2.

Anyways thanks for the build updates again Dankaw. Don't give up :D

I never had issues with the spawned mobs. They're incredibly squishy and usually die instantly (including rares, but not this time).

In the end that death is 100% on me so i can't complain. I'm only annoyed by very unfortunate timing and RNG out there.

"
Spoiler
For someone like me who dislikes the totem playstyle and started using and enjoying withering step what would be a recommended substitute for those open 4 gems (instead of the wither setup).
Thanks!

also got this item which is quite nice i think

They're awful. Shock will rarely trigger on bosses and it's additive with Wither and Despair. The increased damage they provide is lower than 16% chaos DoT multiplier gloves. I would rather use magic gloves with HP and DoT multi over them.

"
Songweaver wrote:
+3 Bow. Not +1/+2 support bow, rather +1/+2 bow skills. [...]

Somebody didn't read end game bow crafting. +2 support gems is superior to +2 bow, but requires Empower in order to be better. I don't mention it in equipment section so newbies won't screw themselves over by getting expensive bow without buying empower (it's happening sometimes anyway).

"
Do we really need 3 arrows (1 from quiver, 1 from bow as the author provided in crafting section), or 1 on bow is enough?

I literally answered similar question yesterday.

2 arrows total are necessary. 3 is not but very welcome change. Crafting +1 quiver is much easier than crafting ~40% dot multiplier bow. You can then easily craft 35% dot multiplier bow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the replies and maintaining this guide!
Transitioned into this build recently.
I like it feels very smooth.
The only problem I have (which is just a player preference for me) is having to use frenzy to get curse on hit going and getting frenzy charges. Is there another way to get the charges and/or curse?
"
weppe1337 wrote:
Transitioned into this build recently.
I like it feels very smooth.
The only problem I have (which is just a player preference for me) is having to use frenzy to get curse on hit going and getting frenzy charges. Is there another way to get the charges and/or curse?

For frenzy charges: Bloodrage for mapping, but don't use it with damage on full life support combo. And won't be of much use on bosses.

Speccing way of the poacher - you would lose defensively, either the evade / onslaught part, or the immunity to ailments / spell dodge bonus.

Anointing disciple of the slaughter: again does nothing on bosses, might as well run bloodrage and get more useful anoint instead.

There are 3 possible mods on quiver that can grant frenzy charges, 1 is on kill (again useless against bosses), another is on crit (useless as this build doesn't stack crit), and apparently there's a delve mod that can give chance to gain frenzy charge on hitting rare / unique enemy, but I imagine that'll be hard to get in combination to other desirable mods...? (I'm no expert at crafting, poe db links it as possible outcome form shuddering fossil.)

For despair: witchfire brew, glove corruption, or ring mod. All of them have downsides though. Flask has limited range and doesn't stay up on bosses, where frenzy + curse on hit can give perma uptime. Glove corruption afaik can only provide up to lvl 12 curse and ring curses with lvl 5 only. You can also have a bow that curses with despair on hit, but that's an affix gone that you could've crafted something else into. It's also only lvl 10.

Yet another option is using impressence and despair + blasphemy, and again, the trade off is you need an extra socket for blasphemy, you have limited range of applying the aura, and you sacrifice the possbility of using juiced +1 chaos gems / chaos multiplier rare amulet. So I'd say this is probably the worst option with how powerful crafted amulet can be.

Last option would be maloney's mechanism, which is overpriced af for the last 2 leagues, and locks you away from crafted rare quiver with extra arrow / dot and chaos damage mods. So again it's a damage downgrade just for the luxury of doing stuff automatically. Tbh this is probably even worse than the impressence situation when I think about it... Rare quiver can be easily 90+ life too.

End line is caustic arrow doesn't stack with itself, so no point spamming it on bosses, and you need to fill downtime with something anyway, and frenzy + curse on hit is an elegant way of doing so while getting lots of utility out of it.

Clear should be fine without frenzy / curse, but if you wanna the "lazy" way I'd just run bloodrage + witchfire brew.

Hi guys maybe someone can suggest what I should upgrade to reach 1mil dps?
the next upgrades going to be expensive so want to make sure im heading into the right direction.

my helmet is weak so i can get 40% dmg enchant, is the next step to craft endgame bow? or is it easier to get a +1 to dex gems amulet? problem with amulet is i really feel like i need the chaos res, although I guess I can get that on the helmet
also im not going for -chaos res on helmet since i wont be anywhere near bosses
well you could craft chaos damage over time multiplier instead of damage over time multiplier. it gives you a higher value. if you don't have it you can grind to unlock it

Any chance to make these good or should I scour and keep crafting?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info