[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I've been toying a bit with quivers. To me it feels like that with the Dying Sun, going for additional pierce on the quiver outperforms +1 additional arrow.

The farther your arrows go, the better additional arrows scale. Allowing your arrows to pierce more might allow them to travel through whole packs, also wiping out an entire backline resp. create more and larger puddles of death.

I also noticed that better pierce makes the application of your curse much, much easier and faster.

I realize it's not an either / or. I a couple of shaped penetrating quivers to have one to play around with. Right now I'm using a 3+ Pen quiver (from the essence) and I will keep throwing the +2 pen essence on that thing. Eventually I might get a +3 pen *and* +1 arrow quiver, which might be god mode (if it also rolls + life).
Crafted this with Dense+Prismatic+Shuddering, any suggestions to make fortify work, or just ignore that mod?
"
octeris wrote:
Spoiler
Blight Update:

I just finished Uber Elder at level 96. It took a lot longer than I would have liked to get to this point. I didn't force Atlas progression very effectively this league (esp. being in trade league).

Red Elder and Shaper were deathless and quite easy. Was lucky enough to find a Dying Sun during Shaper completion, which I should probably start using! Two deaths against Uber Elder, both positioning errors on my part. I want to keep working on that boss fight, as I tend to get overwhelmed in the latter half of the fight.

I'm really enjoying the Blight mechanic! I find a combination of Empowering, Lightning, and Cold/Stun works well against most encounters. Blighted Maps feel intense and rewarding (I've mostly been running them with in a duo with a friend).

Uber Elder gear setup:
Spoiler

Grats, UElder is definitely an achievement. Once you get used to it, the fight isn't too hard but it might have troublesome situations if some skills align badly. With each league it gets easier as the damage increases.

I use the exact same tactic for blights encounters. Arc towers are simply overpowered, same goes to Empowering towers in general. Seismic towers are also ridiculously good for how cheap they are, spam lvl 1 with Emp III and you're capable of permastunning a single side. I also found Flamethrower towers great for bottlenecks, but i rarely use them personally.

"
reetismatic wrote:
Spoiler
Crafted this monster myself the other day
. Now up to 6,589 life and 253 ES with 463k resting tooltip dot and 519k with frenzy charges active. <3333 this build!

Damn, that's just perfect. I would use it myself. Out of curiosity, you spammed aberrants or aberrant+pristine to craft it?

"
mccready wrote:
Spoiler
I've been toying a bit with quivers. To me it feels like that with the Dying Sun, going for additional pierce on the quiver outperforms +1 additional arrow.

The farther your arrows go, the better additional arrows scale. Allowing your arrows to pierce more might allow them to travel through whole packs, also wiping out an entire backline resp. create more and larger puddles of death.

I also noticed that better pierce makes the application of your curse much, much easier and faster.

I realize it's not an either / or. I a couple of shaped penetrating quivers to have one to play around with. Right now I'm using a 3+ Pen quiver (from the essence) and I will keep throwing the +2 pen essence on that thing. Eventually I might get a +3 pen *and* +1 arrow quiver, which might be god mode (if it also rolls + life).

You are correct - +2 pierce, +1 arrow and life would be just perfect and allow to drop pierce nodes from the tree. The problem is the probability to hit +1 arrow, not to mention getting free prefix or a good life roll. The chance is very low, up to the point where you need hundreds of max tier essence. It might be doable to craft one this league as high tier essence are RAINING from blights. Still not worth the hassle imo.

In general you don't need more than 3 pierces. Sometimes you find multiple monster packs where you need to shoot twice, but that's rare occurence and is usually solved with multiple arrows.

Pierce doesn't really help with cursing as you usually want to use it on a single enemy. Again, 3 pierces should deal with anything. If you need to curse white/magic enemies to kill them, then you're REALLY undergeared like it might happen in SSF at the start of the league. Manual cursing is much better in that case.

"
gergmt wrote:
Spoiler
Crafted this with Dense+Prismatic+Shuddering, any suggestions to make fortify work, or just ignore that mod?

I have fortify setup in optional gems. It's basically weapon swap -> hit enemy with Vigilant Strike - Fortify for extra long duration and switch back. Obviously use with "The Vigil" jewel for ~40 sec fortify duration total.

The boots themselves are awesome. The only shame is that MS+Spell dodge temple mod is now easily available, making it quite easy to create similar if not better (higher life) boots through multimodding alone. It is expensive process obviously. Endurance charge on kill mod instead of fortify would make them insane tho.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
In general you don't need more than 3 pierces. Sometimes you find multiple monster packs where you need to shoot twice, but that's rare occurence and is usually solved with multiple arrows.

Pierce doesn't really help with cursing as you usually want to use it on a single enemy. Again, 3 pierces should deal with anything. If you need to curse white/magic enemies to kill them, then you're REALLY undergeared like it might happen in SSF at the start of the league. Manual cursing is much better in that case.

Thanks so much for taking the time and responding. I'm currently using this and I entirely forgot about about the passive nodes that I could be relocating.

Right now it feels like penetration is the bees knees but that's probably just inexperience. After reading your take on it I'll do a more thorough investigation.
How is the trickster version in 3.8?
"
Lupofin wrote:
How is the trickster version in 3.8?

Same as always, primarly used for damage. Defensive route got nerfed again and it's not as good at mitigating multiple or single hits as before. On the other hand Raider got big defensive buffs allowing for easier gearing and 95% evade cap nearly from the start basically.

Personally i wouldn't bother picking Trickster unless you're a slave to DPS numbers. Is ~35% more damage worth over easily acquired attack "immunity"? That's the question you gotta ask yourself.
Hi! Loving the build so far. Might even shoot for level 100 this league, something I've never done :)

Just wondering what I should do with this quiver. Should I multi-mod it or just slam and pray.

I've been kinda slow this league, because of a surgery and provider-issues, but the build helped a lot to overcome the bad start.

Been playing it from act 1 to deathless uber elder first try as a trickster. Progression just comes kinda "natural", which feels great and you can easily craft a lot of the gear by yourself.

The build is really worth a recommendation, if you want a build, which is capable of always keeping up with the content you are facing. - From act 1 to 10, to maps, to uber elder it just works really smooth.
"
MrSuffa wrote:
Spoiler
Hi! Loving the build so far. Might even shoot for level 100 this league, something I've never done :)

Just wondering what I should do with this quiver. Should I multi-mod it or just slam and pray.

Right now multimodding equals to getting only 1 extra prefix. Options for that slot are quite underwhelming except Eva/ES craft so that leaves you with two good approaches you can take:

#1 - block prefix, slam with exalt (guaranteed suffix), craft 3rd suffix.
That's overall good and cheap option. Preserves projectile speed that i personally like.

#2 - use "add prefix, remove suffix" beastcrafting into multimodding.
This option guarantees 2 crafted suffixes but removes projectile speed and is more expensive.

Both options are great, depending on what you want on your quiver.
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 28, 2019, 7:20:10 PM
Hi Man,

I would like to ask what is the best bow for this build?

elder bow

+1 level of socketed gems,
20 Vicious projectiles,
( Culling strike? is it worth ? )

Then roll multiple crafted mods and then what? ( with culling/without ).

Thanks in advance!

Btw whats your opinion about Kaoms heart for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info