[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Alright, thanks for the fast answers, i do completely understand what you mean. I do have one more question though, hope i'm not bothering you :3.

Because i'm also SSF i cant just buy a kintsugi sadly, still waiting for the prophecy to happen. I found a Daresso's Defiance though, at least giving me a bit of phys reduction through the endurance charges.

Would you recommend me using this as workaround until i get a kintsugi, or would i be better off just wearing a rare evasion armour? (i am res capped with the Defiance)
"
mccready wrote:
Spoiler
Quick question: I'm trying to calculate the actual cost of the bow. Once you have your +3 on it, do you just slam chromatics to get the right socket colors?

Also, does 10 crafting attempts remain a fair guesstimation in your experience?

So far I end up at about 145c before chromatics and crafting fees, while sticking to the cheapest bow base (i.e. not 4% movement speed).

A couple of days ago I saw the exact bow I need for 1,5c but unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy it out.

The market price changes all the time, i can't really update the guide all the time to reflect them. However the fact it's cheapest way to craft should remain.

You can spam chromatics or craft 1 red + 1 blue, both of the methods are fine and should cost similar amount of chromes.

1,5c... i think you meant 1,5ex? No matter what, the price for already crafted items is always going to be higher than craft itself. Otherwise there's no profit and therefore no reason to craft them.

"
ohhhhbeeee wrote:
Spoiler
I'm lvl 98 and I'm thinking of maybe switching over and trying the classic build for faster boss kills. I'm wondering if switching over will lower my caustic arrow damage and maybe slow down my mapping a bit?

I played classic before when it was the only option around but the mapping so smooth right now that I don't want to mess with it much.

It's been a while since someone wants to give classic build a shot, i didn't really do it in a very long time either. I looked up numbers. CA's damage is around ~18% less in exchange for ~35% more boss damage (that's assuming the same level). So unless you want to be a boss killer, i don't really see a reason to invest into it.

This definitely wasn't the case during 3.6 Synthesis, where it was definitely a powerful option (over 50% more damage, smaller CA dmg loss). I'm absolutely positive it's primarly due to 3.7 Legion changes to the bottom part of the tree, providing very strong and efficient passives for chaos bow skills in general. I completely missed how big impact these changes had on classic build. I'll have to revisit the section i guess... Maybe even remove it, even tho i wouldn't want to do that.

HOWEVER.
That's a concern for extreme end game. You actually have a lot to improve on your current gear. With Dying Sun i assume there's no problem with clearing, so +1 arrow quiver can wait. You have yet to purchase level 4 empower and craft 7-link elder bow. That should help you out with single target.

"
FreddyRamsone wrote:
Spoiler
Alright, thanks for the fast answers, i do completely understand what you mean. I do have one more question though, hope i'm not bothering you :3.

Because i'm also SSF i cant just buy a kintsugi sadly, still waiting for the prophecy to happen. I found a Daresso's Defiance though, at least giving me a bit of phys reduction through the endurance charges.

Would you recommend me using this as workaround until i get a kintsugi, or would i be better off just wearing a rare evasion armour? (i am res capped with the Defiance)

That's a decent option i guess? However i checked your and gear i believe you should use a rare body armour. As usual, good amount of life and resistances plus very important 10% chance to dodge spells craft. With Atziri's Step, phasing flask and the armour you'll have capped spell dodge, making it much more powerful against spells that are usually the problem nowadays.

You'll get Kintsugi eventually. Blights sometimes have prophecy chests that drop the random prophecies, including Deadly Rivarly chain that rewards you with Kintsugi at the end.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Oh yeah completely forgot about the craft as i have not unveiled it completely yet. am at around 2/3 of unveiling it, will def. switch to a rare chest when i have this, i got one with 1.6k evasion, 89 life and a few resistances in my stash.

Thanks for taking your time for answereing everybody's question here, you're a fantastic human being! :D
Is it still reasonable to slot in Vaal Blight for some extra DPS against bosses?
+1 OP. build was fun, farmed a ton of currency to mess around with!

If anyone is looking for a bow I have one for sale for 4ex on BSC.

thank you for the quick response. I don't think I'll go for lvl 4 empower or 7-link bow. I might try out another build for a boss killer this season.
Hii
in tree i dont see place to use jewels /watchers eye. Maybe newbie ask but.. dunno
"
octeris wrote:
Is it still reasonable to slot in Vaal Blight for some extra DPS against bosses?

I actually recommend Vaal Blight as a situational gem, but primarly for the slow effect rather than damage boost. The damage increase is additive with Wither Totem and Despair, so the actual dps gain is ~10% more.

"
Maniuu wrote:
Hii
in tree i dont see place to use jewels /watchers eye. Maybe newbie ask but.. dunno

I answer this in passive tree section, right below the link to the tree.

"If you've reached level 93 using any of the trees, start picking up closest jewel slots. You can also replace some life/damage nodes for 2 point jewels if you have the money for it."

Primary reason is that while jewels have potential to be strongest passives on the tree, they also cost you some money you could be spending on more important upgrades. The boost they provide, with Watcher's Eye being an expensive exception, simply isn't that big of a deal.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
I actually recommend Vaal Blight as a situational gem, but primarly for the slow effect rather than damage boost. The damage increase is additive with Wither Totem and Despair, so the actual dps gain is ~10% more.

Apologies, I should have reviewed the guide more closely before asking a redundant question. Thank you very much for your reply!
deleted for being stupid.
Last edited by mccready on Sep 19, 2019, 11:37:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info