[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Yesterday I finished crafting my belt:

Can't be too happy about the life roll but this is the closest I got after ~15 tries. I also managed to craft two belts with very good T1 life rolls, which are apparently selling quite well.

Rant about trading
Unfortunately I might be hitting a brick wall in this game. Almost all my upgrades are crafts now. I really enjoy learning more about it and that it's a bit like gambling but the way of getting there is draining.

It pretty much comes down to sending about 20-30 trade messages for a single fulfilled trade. Yesterday I spend about 2 hours of my life copy/pasting chat messages. It is absolutely soul crushing and if anything drives me away from this near perfect game its the fact that I cannot get the materials I need in a reasonable amount of time. I realize that the developers want to make trading hard so you spend more time in the game, but browsing websites and copy/pasting messages like a monkey is not "spending time in the game".

My plan for today is going for an amulet. I'll experiment with buying in larger bulks and paying even more (I'm not even looking at items that are on par with the current market price - these offers are almost 100% non-responsive), but thinking about it already gives me a bit of PTSD.

Sorry for the rant. I'll put it in a spoiler.
Got 21/20 ca and level 4 empower, what gem should i start leveling next? Void manipulation maybe?
"
wuttenq wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Man,

I would like to ask what is the best bow for this build?

elder bow

+1 level of socketed gems,
20 Vicious projectiles,
( Culling strike? is it worth ? )

Then roll multiple crafted mods and then what? ( with culling/without ).

Thanks in advance!

Btw whats your opinion about Kaoms heart for this build?

I really hate it when people ask for "the best" gear, because it's basically unobtainable and i doubt anyone actually managed to craft that particular 6 mod combination.

The "realistic best" version is already showcased in equipment section. For convenience:

Kaom's Heart is more reliable version of Kintsugi since you always have that extra hp available. I comes with some downsides:

* no evasion
* no gem slots, but it's not that much of a problem nowadays
* higher total life pool makes life flasks less effective.
* more expensive, so it's more costly to get one of the strong vaal implicits

In short, you can use it, but i wouldn't say it's optimal choice.

"
mccready wrote:
Spoiler
Yesterday I finished crafting my belt:

Can't be too happy about the life roll but this is the closest I got after ~15 tries. I also managed to craft two belts with very good T1 life rolls, which are apparently selling quite well.

Rant about trading
Unfortunately I might be hitting a brick wall in this game. Almost all my upgrades are crafts now. I really enjoy learning more about it and that it's a bit like gambling but the way of getting there is draining.

It pretty much comes down to sending about 20-30 trade messages for a single fulfilled trade. Yesterday I spend about 2 hours of my life copy/pasting chat messages. It is absolutely soul crushing and if anything drives me away from this near perfect game its the fact that I cannot get the materials I need in a reasonable amount of time. I realize that the developers want to make trading hard so you spend more time in the game, but browsing websites and copy/pasting messages like a monkey is not "spending time in the game".

My plan for today is going for an amulet. I'll experiment with buying in larger bulks and paying even more (I'm not even looking at items that are on par with the current market price - these offers are almost 100% non-responsive), but thinking about it already gives me a bit of PTSD.

Sorry for the rant. I'll put it in a spoiler.

There are plenty of other goals than to upgrade your gear to the max. If it ruins your enjoyment, then it's not a good activity to do. Something i believe gamers these days are forgetting that primary reason to play games is to have fun. I've fallen into that trap as well. I could write an essay about it but i don't think it's really the time or place to do that.

Anyway, there are workarounds for majority of trade inconveniences. Overpaying and buying in bulk is obviously the easiest way to counter the extremely awful currency trading. If you're good at grinding currency, this will preserve your sanity without putting much strain on your pocket. Time is money after all.

"
gergmt wrote:
Got 21/20 ca and level 4 empower, what gem should i start leveling next? Void manipulation maybe?

The strongest next choice is Despair for extra -1% chaos res. Afterwards it doesn't matter much, but math-wise it's best to upgrade CA support gems starting from the ones that grant the least damage multiplier.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the answer,

Well maybe i could said for highest dmg/clear speed instead of best.

Thanks tho!.
I'm still pretty new to this and I was wondering if I could get some input from anyone here...

I knows rings and amulets are a great source for life and resists but I came across this today and I just keep contemplating to use it or not. The 30% increase to chaos damage is very enticing... I am just wondering if I'm falling into a noob trap with these stats?

Keep in mind you can't annoint corrupted items.
I was just looking for the Vicious mod, then I got this. I am new to crafting, idk what to do tho. Worth doing an imprint?
Last edited by Tetrad on Oct 5, 2019, 4:11:04 AM
"
SevDestroyer wrote:
I'm still pretty new to this and I was wondering if I could get some input from anyone here...

I knows rings and amulets are a great source for life and resists but I came across this today and I just keep contemplating to use it or not. The 30% increase to chaos damage is very enticing... I am just wondering if I'm falling into a noob trap with these stats?

Increased damage is fine, but talismans usually come with quite bad explicit stats unless you get very lucky. If you have nothing better to use or can allow yourself to use it - fine. Otherwise there are following problems with Dead Hand Talisman:

* Bad stats unless you're lucky by rolling good explicits or rolling correct talisman at Jorgin's research bench (extremely low chance compared to T2/T3 talismans).
* Early on it's just better to stack HP/resists for gear as you make more meaningful damage upgrades.
* Implicit can be very easily replaced with Envy esssence crafting, possibly hitting better explicit mods.
* Elder amulets can roll up to 16% chaos DoT multiplier. Combined with fossil crafting you can quite easily create high damage amulet that's just superior.

In short, it's not very good for early and can be very easily replaced/outclassed by other alternatives later on.

"
Tetrad wrote:
I was just looking for the Vicious mod, then I got this. I am new to crafting, idk what to do tho. Worth doing an imprint?

It's a good mod combo. Culling Strike works as ~11% more damage against big bosses in theory, but it's gonna be closer to 5-9% most of the time. After quick price check, it's not worth imprinting with the beast costing 1ex each. Just proceed the crafting process as usual (you can find it in crafting section as always).

The only imprint-worthy combo is any lvl Vicious Projectiles and +1 arrow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Oct 5, 2019, 3:36:08 PM
Hi there, till now I enjoy this build and it's fun :P
Anyway, other then myself trying to balance my resistance around and trying to get a 6link bow (hope fated connections comes soon)

Is there ways to squeeze chaos resistance in this build? This is one I might fear when doing the Incursion Master when doing up to deal with the boss.
I'm not sure if my character profile is open for inspect but you can use those as reference for my question.
"
valhadow wrote:
Is there ways to squeeze chaos resistance in this build? This is one I might fear when doing the Incursion Master when doing up to deal with the boss.
I'm not sure if my character profile is open for inspect but you can use those as reference for my question.
A build that doesn't use a lot of uniques definitely can afford to get chaos resistance after other resistances get capped. However I'd say you can also upgrade your life pool, many of your items have really low life rolls or none, and if I see correctly you aren't in SSF, but in hc trade? I don't know how the market looks there, but helm / quiver / belt should be upgraded imo. Gloves don't have many useful stats either.

If you get as much ele resists as possible on most rare items, you should have some room to squeeze extra chaos resi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info