Path of Nerfs

"
development manifesto abridged version: So we heard your complaints, and instead of well thought out balances we chose to take an axe just cut the whole things off.

Now there's literally no mechanic to save you against reflect mobs for many builds, making slayer, berserker, totem builds and summoners the only few that options that are capable of enjoying high level content without logout macros and the works.

Glad there are people who'll still enjoy eating this garbage and kiss the ground where Chris Wilson walks upon. I sure as hell won't be playing this league.

Uhhh have you been paying attention? Reflect is effectively gone. Then again considering the Knee Jerk reaction and hyperbole I'd not expect much in the whole "knows what's going on" department.
Omg. Should have bought that +2 barrage stakonja when I had the chance T_T
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
i have a concern for less hardcore gamers and the exp change. while i agree the best of the best get to 100 too fast i think you should have some real concerns about the grind your putting on the more casual of players. maybe consider tweeking exp only for those races and not during regular leagues. i cant add a more multiplyer to my play time that would be required to hit higher levels with this change =/. i'm already dealing with a bad 4 link build in life and RNG is preventing me from a 5L required for poe play time.
"
Innomen wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
literally nothing you say makes any sense to me.

That because you're either very ignorant or a liar. Why would a casual want to play something designed to punish them for being a causal? Are you some sort of masochist? If so, fine. Just give yourself some conducts like in nethack, and stop trying to control everyone ELSE'S experience.

The solution here is simple. Offline mode and mods. But we all know that's never gonna happen because mah patents, mah profits.
why are casuals playing a game that is decidedly niche ? there are hundreds of games that already suck your dick balls deep for just moving your mouse around.

sorry, when I started playing this game it was marketed as the 'hardcore arpg youve been waiting for', not as an 'arcade clicker heroes simulator where you destroy hordes of enemies whose mechanics dont matter and that they dont fight back'. the '.01%' and 'masochists' is who the game was originally designed around, and is the reason why Im still playing it and not other 'modern' arpgs.

you should take your own advise and stop control everyone else's experience. that includes people who like games bending them over and fucking them mercilessly in the ass

using your logic, all games should all be made and catered to an average video game player. sorry, this is shit logic. and if you extend your shitty logic to things like literature, movies and so on, you can *maybe* see how shitty your logic is (if you can even get your head out of the fight club quoting vortex you clearly are stuck in)
Last edited by grepman on Dec 4, 2017, 9:42:46 PM
"
Chris wrote:
For everyone thinking the lack of Slayer nerfs was too good to be true, you were right. An unnamed designer just walked in to my office, tricorne in hand, to confess that a nerf was missed out when writing the article. I have updated the thread now.

LOL
"
Innomen wrote:
"
MourningBlade wrote:
How about a nerf on Legacy Kaom's? No? I understand. We don't want to piss off those players.

This. I said this when I read mayhem was gonna be voided. Like give me one good reason why when they allow legacies to even exist.

It's so blatantly obvious they are playing personal favorites. Not builds, people. It's like everything else. Corrupt. We got a handful of influential types, and everyone else is literally meaningless.

Let's go back to how Loath Bane was created...heh heh. Shhhh...

Now about that Legacy Kaom's going for...500+ exalts or so? And to think back in the day I traded it back and forth a couple of times for the old Shavs when they were around the same price. Do not take investment advice from me...

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
I don't think GGG is listening to us "regular" people or "minority" those who post on the forum here. Only the twitch streamers. So nothing is gonna happen as usual. Then in 3.2.0, another ban-hammer nerf will hit because a Streamer says something else is too OP in the game.
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
I'm overall happy with most these changes, although it will be annoying to get another 21 vulnerability gem. Oh well I can probably sell existing 21's for enough to buy one.

That said, I am a little concerned about the exp changes. As a more "casual" player, it took me all of legacy league reach 100, with about 8 hours a day played, and this was with the benefit of league stones. Here is the thing - I'm "casual" only compared to the people who can crank out level 100's in a few days. Most folks would consider my time investment extreme. The exp changes would probably make getting level 100 out of reach for someone such as myself, which means only the top of the bell-curve would be able to reach it. Maybe that's the intent, but I personally disagree.

Other than that, I like the direction PoE is headed, and will continue to support this game with my money.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Dec 4, 2017, 9:45:49 PM
I will never level up my character up to 100 because of people who prefer efficiency over fun and to spend the whole life in the game.

What is so wrong about more players reaching level 100 anyway? How many players reached level 100 percentage based? I believe breach map was kind of important factor as well...

Anyway this is very dissapointing.

Except exp nerf, most of the changes make sense and I like them.
"
Odds_ wrote:
Actual dyed-in-the-wool sociology degree having Marxist.

Sooo neolib. Like I said. News flash. The real reformers can't afford college or are smart enough not to go into life-debt for a membership card.

Unless we're talking community college, a small scholarship, and pell grants only.

And yeah I quoted fight club because it's 100% relevant. If you accepted a single student loan you're clearly guilty of believing you're gonna be able to pay off that debt someday and presumably live the good life having class mobilized. (The odds against which are disturbing to put it mildly.)

If you haven't, and I'm wrong about that, then your current position is totally inconsistent with your larger worldview.

I mean how do you even justify copyrights and patents from a marxist perspective? Let alone GGG having autocratic monopolistic control...
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info