Path of Nerfs

<3 OP Sh*t Nerfz!
SSF since ~OB
For those complaining they will never hit 100 and it is for the top racers and streamers you are right... They are making it more fun for those players. Level 100 is not meant for casual players... why complain about that if you werent even going to hit 95 in the first place. They could have left that out of the nerfs and 99.99% of their player base wouldnt know. 100 is for 1337 no life but everyone is making a fuss because on the internet you like to act like you are 1337 no lifer. Go put your kid to bed and play abyss when it comes out.
Chris, I once listened to someone interviewing you and one of your statements really stuck with me. You mentioned that you wanted a game for working class folks to come home from work and grind a little before bed. A game where money does not buy you advantages. Your MTX model was genius and you were basically describing me and most of the people I play this game with. They have income to spend on things the find entertaining.

Not a single one of us have ever made it to level 100. Hell, I think I have the highest level character at 96 and it was because I had a long break. No normal person grinds to 100 in a couple days or ever for that matter. Normal people play new patches when they aren't working and buy cool mtx once in a while. There is always the hope that one day someone will make 100. It sits out there as a possible goal. I'm afraid it's no longer possible.

Maybe I don't play enough or use the things you nerfed. None of it matter to me except the experience nerf. As a comparison, I played D3 when it first came out for a while. I was lucky enough to get an awesome drop - Shard of Hate. It was absolutely the best thing I found and I was having a blast for about 2 days. I came home from work stoked to play and there was a patch that day, nerfing Shard of Hate, because some fucking streamer was using it and Blizzard got their panties in a wad. I was so pissed I logged out and refused to ever play that fucking game developed by professional stream watchers again.

You're sliding down a razor over a pool of alcohol with these decisions. This can easily go south, fast. You're getting focused on the minority and not silent majority. Stop worrying about streamers and meth heads, they don't matter to the majority. They will always be around. Punishing the majority for a few is a sure way to piss people off. I'm writing this but most people I know won't because they react with their wallets. They will remain silent, and just like the last US election, you'll be standing there like CNN dumbfounded, confused and wondering what the fuck happened. Keep your devs off twitch and keep the servers healthy. Start talking to the people who never had a chance at 100 because they work for a living.

"
Innomen wrote:

The real issue with you, GGG, and all the nerf defenders is control and status quo defense.

It's class mobility that you can't stand. It's the idea of the top tier in any context being supplanted terrifies you.

You just think you'll be 0.01% some day.

lol, the fuck ?

Im a nerf 'defender' and literally nothing you say makes any sense to me. I will never be the .01% simply because I hold a full-time job that require me to work a lot of hours and pull all-nighters sometimes. nor do I want to be the .01%. shit's unhealthy. but I want to play a game that caters to the .01% than the 99.99% of games that cater to popcorn-chewing masses who want a dopamine explosion over a 30 minute session.

its really simple, stop overthinking shit and doing absolutely outlandish generalizations.
how about less nerfs and more buffs. 1 acl uniques SHOULD be buffed regularly and nerfed regularly. the shit gems like flame surge and fucking ice crash SHOULD be buffed by now. i am disappointed.
not all of us are racers
Last edited by korppi1 on Jun 21, 2018, 5:05:49 PM
"
Innomen wrote:
"
Odds_ wrote:
straight up mid-20's communist irl

If by "communist" you mean neolib I might buy that. Or you're just being the everyone's a PHD on the Internet cliche.

In reality we both know I nailed it, regardless of what label you claim for social advancement because of context.

I've never seen someone so confidently quote fight club. Incredible.
For everyone thinking the lack of Slayer nerfs was too good to be true, you were right. An unnamed designer just walked in to my office, tricorne in hand, to confess that a nerf was missed out when writing the article. I have updated the thread now.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Everyone complaining about getting to 100, why do you need to? There's no extra reward or challenge which requires it. Getting to 90 is absolutely fine - it's even one of the challenges for the league.

If the max was 110 and most people got to 100, would people still complain?

And people who just 'invested' in Atziri's acuity, too bad. GGG always nerfs strong uniques, you just happened to lose out this time. Plus, you're in standard, it's not that hard to get other great items.

Edit, hello Chris :)
Last edited by Wogget on Dec 4, 2017, 9:21:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info