Path of Nerfs

I'm happy with the VP change (and Acuity and Bloodseeker change even though they forgot to mention Bloodseeker).

Dark Pact changes are a bit heavy-handed. Sure, nerf the damage, but nerfing the area feels pretty awful. Does anyone know if this affects DP totems in any way?

Splitting up Vuln into two curses sounds pretty good to me. Wither has always been very strong, and still will be.

Barrage enchant, Doomfletch Prism, and QotF all needed this nerf. I know because I played a Raider using all of these to 95 in Harbinger and it was the most absurdly overpowered character I've played yet. Pushing Shaper over to the next phase during the duration of one beam, while standing in the beam, is probably not how that fight is supposed to go without mirrored gear but it was easy wearing ~60ex worth of gear on Harbinger and half of that cost was the helm enchant.

RotP nerf doesn't seem too bad, especially since some of the best RF builds don't even bother using it.

EXP nerf is fine! I'm shaking my head reading all of these comments by people who are upset by this change even though they've never had a character up into the level range that is affected! I have 4k hours in this game and I've never bothered pushing past 95. This change does not affect me, and unless you go for 100 every league then it doesn't affect you either!

I'm surprised not to see any major nerfs to Sunder, or Esh's Mirror, but we'll see what the patch notes have in store.
Dark Pact: A build that uses your own life is too defensive....kaaaaay. :/

Mind over Matter: Gives too much bonus mana. Ummm ya cuz you're splitting it now as a health resource. You SHOULD get a butt load of bonus mana, after you take the keystone.

Finally, making it harder to hit max level...why?!? Because a few players thought it was "too easy?" Unless the MAJORITY of the game community says this, don't fucking do it.

Ugh, I remember now why I quit you back in 2014...constant nerfs.
Last edited by GothicBlood on Dec 4, 2017, 8:07:18 PM
"
Sxy89 wrote:
Exp nerf is bullshit. For the average player getting past 95 was already a pain and a endless grind with very little reward... really garbage nerf.

keyword: average player
if you had been around for a bit longer you would know that the "average player" is not supposed to be able to obtain 100
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Garbage. More nerfs instead of buffing other things to be more viable. I've never seen such poor balancing on a game that's essentially only PVE.

I'm glad I held off on buying the supporter packs.
The SALT on this thread makes me laugh so hard. Keep it coming bois I'm making a compilation of all the salt.
The xp nerf killed my hype for the expansion.
not all people can play 15+ hours a day
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 who have only been playing for ~2years so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

P.S. i am fine with the exp nerf, never cared about 100 and 100 should have never been so easy anyways
MFJonesHC
"
Experience changes for high-level characters
Each league, the race to 100 is over more quickly than the previous one, as players become more efficient and the experience available gets larger. We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers) that this process should be made longer. We're going to be careful though, and just adjust it a bit at a time. In 3.1.0, this takes the form of small additional experience penalties at levels 95-99 that have the following effect:

95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

LOL dude really? It was going all right til I see this.... I want leave this game now. What a completely disaster.

You are nerfing xp grinding again from level 95-100 because of Zizaran, Steelmage and havoc6?

Come on dude, 99% of PoE players never reach level 100. Are you really balancing this game around 5 players that non-stop farming maps for 40h in a row? No study no work no sleep?

wtf is wrong with you GGG... you're pushing level 100 grinding to the way where nobody else but 5 streamers can actually do it. This is by far the worst shit you could have done. Very disapointed here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931652

oh, yeah, it is so easy to get 100 right? 5 MONTHS of SSF harbinguer league and there is 23 players level 100. 4 of those characters are just one guy ( Exif ), so 19 players level 100.

19 players level 100 in 5 MONTHS.
What a very easy thing to do, of course needed a nerf! That's a fucking joke roflmao.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Dec 4, 2017, 8:13:03 PM
Amazing!!! <3

About the EXP nerfs i like it really, since i love challenges good job GGG 10 points from me :)

Sincerely Sklips.
Some fair nerfs (i.e. wither), but many idiotic ones. Nerf to acuity is ridiculous, especially considering how rare they are. RIP Mjolner, skyforth, shavs, and now acuity. All they need to do is nerf HH and there will truly be nothing left to grind for. This combined with XSolla garbage makes me extremely hesitant to support this league. Nerfs I can handle, my CC getting declined or flagged due to shady XSolla I can handle, but both together I can't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info