Path of Nerfs

Aside from the vaal pact change destroying my build, the rest of the nerfs are fair. Except Acuity, that is savage. Looking forward to any good change for melee life builds in the patch notes!
Nice.
Plz nerf Slayer or we will only see slayers :D (and ascendand slayer node).

Does the Acuity nerf affect existing items or just newly dropping?
Songs are like knights. They need to be covered in metal.
"
"
Tessman wrote:
I'm very curious as to what the intent of the Rise of the Phoenix nerf is. It's mentioned in the explanation that it's ' too easy to max out fire resistance', but some napkin math suggests that the risk/reward for running RF is getting a little bit close to side of 'scary'.

The life is nice, but the flat regen is hilarious. If max fire resistance is the annoying part, why not but % life regen on it as compensation?

That said, I've not done anything other than the most trivial of theorycrafting - maybe this isn't too big of a deal.

We are losing only 3% of the max resist. It wont be hard to make that up somewhere else and they added more regen to it...so we may get hurt more but regen slightly faster.

All the other nerfs are tiny... 10-15% dmg reductions on powerful builds are still powerful builds lol.

3% max resist will be something like 350-400 life regen a second I think? That is a pretty large chunk. Its not that easy to make that up without an aura bot as we already maxed out what we could.

I really don't think rotf nerf was needed, RF wasn't a top build by any means.
Last edited by lurker14ownz on Dec 4, 2017, 8:02:33 PM
Thanks GGG, was about time:)
nerfed meta builds.
"
1453R wrote:

>Rise of the Phoenix
And non-totem Righteous Fire immediately stops being playable without a billion-exalt investment! Yowzas. Poor RF. I mean I get it, taken by itself and not linked to specifically-Righteous-Fire, +8 maximum resistance on one item is probably too much. But the RF guys are going to start taking, like...double the damage they used to without that resistance. Maybe throw 'em a bone and put the extra max res somewhere else? Even just a point or two? level 21 Purity of Fire costs a billion exalts already

lvl 21 PoF is the only thing that is truly expensive. and you dont even need it if you're using the new unique shield that gives +2 to all gems (only need level 2 empower). seriously, thats it. theres a reason RF is so popular because its cheap af, doesnt require a 6L, doesnt require an expensive weapon and the two most expensive things are lvl 21 PoF and essenced gloves/helm

seriously, that 3% max res nerf is so far from the end of the world its not even funny...
well time to stop with this game sad but true
It took me whole life to get to lvl 98 :( and now 99 and 100 looks even more impossible
Exp nerf is bullshit. For the average player getting past 95 was already a pain and a endless grind with very little reward... really garbage nerf.
The amount of childish whining in here is totally unbelievable.

All the changes sound great. I can't wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info