Path of Nerfs

Hmm, the xp nerf is alright, was hoping on aiming for 100 next league because I only joined the game in the final month of Harbringer and had to learn the game first. I guess that won't happen now, but I was never going to get top anyway with a fulltime job :|

I'm worried about these nerfs though, I was only just starting to get a good feel for builds, and now I'm not sure what to try... Wanted a fresh start in a new long-term league where I'd be able to clear all content, cause with these races popping up I stopped at tiers 7-8. Not making it easy on a relatively noobie
Well at least DP totems are unaffected. That's something.

In general we all know how this works. GGG introduces OP stuff (skills, items, mechanics) lets players enjoy them and then nerfs them and introduces new stuff. That's their job. To keep up engaged in the game.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
"
Xhibbi wrote:
Let's hope that the buffs makes up for this.
1. When you decide what direction to take, balance the game around hardcore and not softcore.
2. Balance the game around a 8-12h playtime a day not 24h+ sessions.
3. Create endgame content locked to only lvl96+ characters so that you can not enter before that.
1. Why HC?

Because it is really stupid to balance around a SC league where only 3 stats matter because there is no risk, no penalty and you can die your way through all content.
So the plan is to bring awareness to PoE by killing Ziz in his way to 100. That is so evil and cool at the same time.
"
Tiitz wrote:
bye bye GGG, thx for all the time that game entertained me over the last years, and thx for taking all my money. now i can search a new game / developer that i can throw my money at. :sadface:

Don't come back, bye!
"
Marrond wrote:
"
typecast wrote:

- What didn't make the list:
+ Reduce Aurabot effectiveness

Why the fuck would anyone in their sane mind want that? PoE is enough of a single player game as it is, don't completely destroy the last single way to play together... (without Aurabot there are no reasons to play together at all, since you're better off blazing through shit alone if it doesn't give you benefits substantial enough to supplement for lack of damage from second player)

I specialy Play single cause i see a shit if 2000 effects riding my screeen and i die without a reason.

BTW Aurabot = casual op damage Boosters! !
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
God damn the poe community is full of little babies.

So all in all, you made the game more boring? Culled the last few bits of fun we could have and made everything more suitable for xbox.(i.e. dumbed down significantly).

Gratz, you really hate your own game it seems.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Innomen wrote:
"
As various humongous nerfs have shown, GGG isn't afraid of pissing people off. If it was feasible to not have legacy items, they'd be doing it.

The mental gymnastics are real.

Did we not just watch a league get voided?

If legacies are such a problem and they really aren't afraid of pissing people off and it's really such a technical hurdle to run a database edit once, then just delete standard and make everyone play leagues.

In reality you've completely invented this technology problem. They could easily modify all legacy items to be contemporary versions. The reached into my stash to change my skeleton jewels no problem.

I am frankly amazed you seriously asserted otherwise.

dude...he said 'feasible' not 'possible'. Of course it's technically possible. He MEANS that since the community would go apeshit if they started reverting all legacy items some of which they PROMISED they wouldn't change, it's not really feasible to do that without losing a large part of the community, or at least reeeeeaaally pissing them off.

The only one going through mental gymnastic here, is you.
"
Noone cares about standard - so why do you nerf some items (like acuity) while other items staying legacy even though they are also OP (kaom's). What is the resoning for nerfing one item and not nerfing other? Who chooses?
Like I bought acuity long time ago and not using it in standard, but i DONT want it to be nerfed. It will destroy entire build, which wasnt that OP to start with anyhow. But just changing items like that - i can see in new league, but retroactively - i dont like it.

I guess the answer was the legacy league. they ended up with all that legacy stuff. So no more legacys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info