ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Xavderion wrote:

Good. The fake news media doesn't deserve shit.
I thought the Mueller report largely vindicated MSM and showed that Fox and some others (Trump) were the main source of fake news, especially regarding Russian interference?
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I thought the Mueller report largely vindicated MSM and showed that Fox and some others (Trump) were the main source of fake news, especially regarding Russian interference?

Of course you thought that, but it's not based in reality. The enemy of the people pushed the Russia collusion hoax for over two years. Mueller showed that the media was wrong.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Of course you thought that, but it's not based in reality. The enemy of the people pushed the Russia collusion hoax for over two years. Mueller showed that the media was wrong.
There was Russian interference though, that's the point.

Fox and co. dismissed it as fake news, that Russia never interfered. Hence, MSM was right all along, and Fox and co and Trump administration the source of the real fake news.

What the Mueller report said was that there was no conspiracy, that's different, or at least that he could not definitely show that.

Edit:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/mueller-report-suggests-the-fake-news-came-from-trump-not-the-news-media/2019/04/18/ca96e574-61f7-11e9-9412-daf3d2e67c6d_story.html?utm_term=.c973772f3cbf

"
While Mueller’s report didn’t establish a criminal conspiracy and was “unable” to conclude that obstruction of justice occurred — contrary to hours of speculation among cable-news pundits during Mueller’s long investigation — it also largely validated news accounts that Trump dismissed or disparaged.

Instead, at least in the Mueller team’s analysis, the fake news seems to have flowed not from the media but from the other direction. His report, released Thursday, cites multiple instances in which Trump and White House aides misled or lied to journalists or in public statements as the investigation was unfolding.

On the day of Mueller’s appointment, in May 2017, for example, White House aides said Trump reacted calmly to the news. In fact, according to Mueller’s report, Trump’s first reaction was anything but calm. According to notes taken by an aide, Trump responded by saying, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m fucked. . . . This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters repeatedly in May 2017 that she personally had heard from “countless members of the FBI” that they were “grateful and thankful” to Trump for firing FBI director James B. Comey. That never happened, Mueller said. He wrote that Sanders later acknowledged to investigators that her comments were “not founded on anything.”

Trump also dictated a press statement saying that he had fired Comey based on the recommendations of Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein. But Mueller found that Trump had already decided to fire Comey before Rosenstein had weighed in. Trump backed down and later publicly acknowledged he intended to fire Comey regardless of Rosenstein’s memo after unnamed Justice Department officials “made clear to him” that they would “resist” the bogus justification, Mueller said.
Last edited by rojimboo on Apr 25, 2019, 8:16:07 AM
Speaking of Russian interference, here's some rather worrying news: In Push for 2020 Election Security, Top Official Was Warned: Don’t Tell Trump.

"
WASHINGTON — In the months before Kirstjen Nielsen was forced to resign, she tried to focus the White House on one of her highest priorities as homeland security secretary: preparing for new and different Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election.

President Trump’s chief of staff told her not to bring it up in front of the president.

Ms. Nielsen left the Department of Homeland Security early this month after a tumultuous 16-month tenure and tensions with the White House. Officials said she had become increasingly concerned about Russia’s continued activity in the United States during and after the 2018 midterm elections — ranging from its search for new techniques to divide Americans using social media, to experiments by hackers, to rerouting internet traffic and infiltrating power grids.

[...]

But in a meeting this year, Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff, made it clear that Mr. Trump still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory. According to one senior administration official, Mr. Mulvaney said it 'wasn't a great subject and should be kept below his level.'

Bolding mine.

The most charitable interpretation I can come up with here: the president is ignoring a threat to our election integrity because he sees it as an attack on his ego.

Fucking what?!
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"

Two words: Vince Foster.

In the 2016 election, Trump had the advantage of 25 years of bullshit allegations targeting Hillary Clinton. He had the advantage of Fox News, which has been a transparent right-wing propaganda organization for as long as I've been alive. He had the advantage of the growth of the right-wing media sphere under Obama - there's no fucking reason Breitbart should be taken seriously by anyone, let alone be the largest online right-wing media source. Trump came into an environment where he could expect that the average republican would never have to take any negative coverage of him seriously. That's a really big advantage for a candidate any reasonable electoral system would spit out faster than an ipecac suppository.

That's really all true and I really enjoyed the whole post.

We have to give the devil his due though. The fellow that said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any voters, showed some keen insight with that statement. He was pronounced politically dead so many times that I've lost count. The pathological liar squeaked out a win in the 2016 election. He's been completely unconventional during his whole campaign and Presidency. Heck, even Steve Bannon predicted that he wouldn't finish out his first term and that prediction looks to be very wrong. The drain the swamp campaign seems to have made Washington a hundred times more swampy. There seems to be one or two swampy scandals every week that would have sunk any other modern Presidency.

On the other hand, the Mueller report said that there's 14 ongoing investigations. I'm sure that they're not all Trump but a good share of them probably are. The state of New York has some going as well. The House is starting their oversight activities. We have to give the devil his due but I'm guessing that the devil will likely also get what is due to him in the end. :-)

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
rojimboo wrote:

Fox and co. dismissed it as fake news, that Russia never interfered. Hence, MSM was right all along, and Fox and co and Trump administration the source of the real fake news.

Nah, the fake news media never cared about Russian interference, they only cared about it as long as they could spread seditious stories about how Trump worked together with Putin to commit crimes. I also find it funny how you apparently don't count Fox as part of the MSM, when Fox is by far the most successful cable news channel (usually more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined).

In other news, GEOTUS welcome Sleepy Joe to the race. Very tame for his standards. I assume the Sleepy will become a Creepy if Joe wins the nomination. The memes will be lit.

Oh and one more interesting thing: yesterday, for the first time, he mentioned Queen Cortex. He made sure to do it in an extra respectful manner, even deleted a tweet where he misspelled her name. He called her "Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez", I said damn son.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 25, 2019, 8:54:39 AM
"

Bolding mine.

The most charitable interpretation I can come up with here: the president is ignoring a threat to our election integrity because he sees it as an attack on his ego.

Fucking what?!

Would you ignore Russia and China interference if they decided to not let Trump win? Like Work together against a common enemy since it is politically useful to do so?
"
Xavderion wrote:

In other news, GEOTUS welcome Sleepy Joe to the race. Very tame for his standards. I assume the Sleepy will become a Creepy if Joe wins the nomination. The memes will be lit.

Is it just me or did Trump just refer to his own ideas as 'sick and demented'?
"
deathflower wrote:
"

Bolding mine.

Fucking what?!

Would you ignore Russia and China interference if they decided to not let Trump win? Like Work together against a common enemy since it is politically useful to do so?

No, and it'd be foolish to do so. These countries are not our friends, and they do not have our best interests in mind. Failing to push back now empowers them to keep pushing. What's more, it paints a big asterisk over the integrity of our elections, regardless of the result, and that's never a good thing.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Friendly reminder who to blame for climate change (hey Donald!)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1120715988532629506

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info