ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Mueller investigated the Russian connection. You are wrong that he turned up bunk though.

Mueller concluded that the Russian's interference in the 2016 election was in sweeping and systematic. The administration has said that the Russians are expected to be doing the same thing in 2020 that they did in 2016. Trump has prevented the administration from protecting us in the 2020 election though. Presumably because he wants Russian help again in 2020.

Mueller also laid out 10 really strong cases and 2 less strong cases of Trump breaking the law to obstruct the Mueller investigation.

Now Trump has declared that he will obstruct congress from investigating Russian interference in our elections as well as anything else that congress has a right to investigate.

You mean Mueller found no conspiracy or coordination with Russians and found that Trump has tried to protect his presidency (not even himself because he did nothing wrong as Mueller has proven) from a politial coup. Shocking!

Good lord, it's literally like talking to a Flat Earther. ALternative facts, my ass.
"
rojimboo wrote:

Good lord, it's literally like talking to a Flat Earther. ALternative facts, my ass.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

Spoiler

Apparently the alt-lite/right can't meme either.
"
pneuma wrote:
"

When you go to jail for assault or harassment, I'll be sure to write you a note. Acting like a thug doesn't do a single good thing.

Speech is not violence.

Firstly: it made Richard Spencer shut up and go away; that's at least one very good thing!

Secondly: the case for nazi-punching (and direct antifascist action in general) boils down to the fact that Nazi speech inevitably has violence as an end goal. We know these beliefs, we recognize what they are about, and in case there's any doubt, we've got the editor of the daily stormer here to explain:

"
"The unindoctrinated should not be able to tell if we are joking or not. There should also be a conscious awareness of mocking stereotypes of hateful racists. I usually think of this as self-deprecating humor - I am a racist making fun of stereotype of racists, because I don't take myself super-seriously.

This is obviously a ploy and I actually do want to gas kikes. But that’s neither here nor there.

(Bolding mine.)

Spencer himself calls for a "peaceful ethnic cleansing", which is an oxymoron - you cannot get a "peaceful ethnic cleansing", and if you trust him when he says he believes that, you haven't learned the first thing about talking to fascists, which is that fascists always lie. Achieving his goals would require the forcible relocation or murder of millions. And this is always, always, always the end state of neo-nazi fascists. They want a white ethnostate in a pluralistic country. You cannot get that without mass murder.

This is why I support punching nazis. This is why, given the chance, I will always do what I can to make people suffer for being nazis. These ideas are not harmless. Those supporting or spreading them are not harmless. They are aiding and abetting a political philosophy that wants me, my family, and many of my friends dead simply because of who we are, and which, given the chance, will absolutely try to kill us.

In short:

"
The ramblings of the insane and the propagandists will never go away. Believe it or not, you can't punch speech out of existence. It can't be regulated out of existence, either. If any speech is allowed whatsoever, some of it will be insane or propagandistic.

If we're going to talk about the ethics of antifascist action, we should talk about the ethics.

If we're going to talk about the effectiveness of antifascist action, we should talk about the effectiveness.

Mixing the two up just leaves us confused. As I keep saying, again and again, the reason antifascists do this is because it works. Deplatforming works. Punching nazis works. The alt-right has, in many ways, fallen apart since 2017, and most of that has to do with antifascist organizing and direct action. It turns out that LARPing as a nazi over the weekend is a lot less fun when the odds are good that you'll have to explain it to your friends, family, and employer on monday morning. If you want to say that it's immoral despite that, okay, but let's not say that it's immoral because it doesn't work anyways. That's just not true.

"
The effectiveness of propaganda increases as discourse is closed, though. The fewer people that are allowed to talk about differing opinions, the more people are isolated (increasingly alone on the internet, nowadays) and easily swayed by propaganda.

This is the exact opposite of how this works. Like, literally exactly the opposite of how radicalization online works. People are most effectively radicalized in large communities with similar goals. When they are isolated, it's very hard to radicalize them. When they cannot state their opinions plainly in any venue, it's both hard for those opinions to spread and they get the signal that it's not okay to hold those opinions - which is absolutely true for nazis, as it turns out. That's often enough to convince them that they should change, assuming they're not literally earning a paycheck by being awful like Spencer or Jones are.

This kind of radicalization actually happens when you create a large echo chamber to parrot those views. When you increasingly convince people, "this is normal, this is fine, go ahead, keep hating on women, it's only natural to fear people not like you, here are some (bogus, but I'm not going to tell you that) statistics to back up your prejudice". When there's a community built around this shared grievance. Case in point: incels. The community wasn't always so deeply fucked in the head. But once it allowed and encouraged misogynistic rhetoric, and created a filter bubble, things got really nasty really quickly.

Please, if you don't know how radicalization works (and you don't), don't hold court on it.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Apr 25, 2019, 5:51:58 AM
"
rojimboo wrote:

Apparently the alt-lite/right can't meme either.

That's an unpolitical meme, grandpa.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

This is why I support punching nazis. This is why, given the chance, I will always do what I can to make people suffer for being nazis. These ideas are not harmless. Those supporting or spreading them are not harmless. They are aiding and abetting a political philosophy that wants me, my family, and many of my friends dead simply because of who we are, and which, given the chance, will absolutely try to kill us.

Bolded fits basically every ideology if you think far enough. Especially ideologies which put people into different classes and tell one class to fight the other class. So am I allowed to punch a commie?

(I would've used a religious ideology but Support hates me already Kappa)
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 25, 2019, 6:21:41 AM
I'm following a new policy where I refuse to put more thought into my responses than the person I'm responding to put in, so with that in mind:

"
Xavderion wrote:
"

Bolded fits basically every ideology if you think far enough. Especially ideologies which put people into different classes and tell one class to fight the other class. So am I allowed to punch a commie?

(I would've used a religious ideology but Support hates me already Kappa)

This glue tastes delicious.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"

(Do keep in mind that before the current attack,

How is April 18, 2019 different from all the other days from April 1st 2019 through April 24th 2019?

The answer to that is something you might want to keep in mind.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 25, 2019, 6:59:29 AM
"Democracy"
"The free press is the enemy of the people"
"Do your job, Sarah!"

"
rojimboo wrote:
"Democracy"
"The free press is the enemy of the people"
"Do your job, Sarah!"

Good. The fake news media doesn't deserve shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info