ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
MrCoo1 wrote:
Boem, he's talking about the world view of what human rights are, not the laws defined by the country that is violating them.

I'm fairly certain turtle can get back to me himself, since he points to the constitution of turkey to justify his position, your interpretation of his position seems "odd" at best.

I already stated that a sentiment(charter for human rights) is not a law.

The charter is like "the ten commandments" of christianity, there pretty solid to strive for and good as a moral compas for society's but they are not law.

And the charter itself is also not enforced by the nations that agreed to it, so it wouldn't even force me to reformulate an argument.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : I'm curious at this point now turtle, pro-life or pro-choice?
Which seems like a fairly relevant question in relation to this subject.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 29, 2019, 2:33:01 PM
"
deathflower wrote:
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Neither do I believe human rights are unlimited without restrictions, or consequences. It is naive to think people wouldn't be imprisoned, arrested or forcefully suppressed for staging a failed coup.

Sure, but I don't think anyone claimed that?

Most vocal advocates of Human rights seem to imply they are universal, inalienable and indivisible. It seem important to emphatically proclaim that is highly contentious.

I agree with your previous post but think that you have incorrectly characterized what others believe here. Sure maybe a very few have the unreasonable view that you assert but I doubt "most" would hold that incorrect silly view.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
deathflower wrote:
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Neither do I believe human rights are unlimited without restrictions, or consequences. It is naive to think people wouldn't be imprisoned, arrested or forcefully suppressed for staging a failed coup.

Sure, but I don't think anyone claimed that?

Most vocal advocates of Human rights seem to imply they are universal, inalienable and indivisible. It seem important to emphatically proclaim that is highly contentious.

I agree with your previous post but think that you have incorrectly characterized what others believe here. Sure maybe a very few have the unreasonable view that you assert but I doubt "most" would hold that incorrect silly view.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

All irrelevant to the FACT that human rights is a real thing even in Turkey. The fact is that right to life exists in Turkey as one human right for example. You yourself admitted this fact when you stated that Erdogan has violated this right. Since it makes no sense to say that something that doesn't exist has been violated. You even imply that fact with your irrelevant points that these human rights are violated all too often.

Ok let me go about this in a different way then.

How many violations does it take before a piece of paper is proven to be worthless to the people of a nation?

Or differently, how many state sanctioned murders need to occur to the kurdish people before you would say "well ok, the kurdish people don't have the same right to live as the other ethnic groups".

Or could they murder all the kurdish residents in turkey and still claim no human rights violation or no constitutional breach has occured because the paper stating otherwise exist's?

In the absence of "law"(equall enforcement of juristiction to all citizens) regulations have zero value to the inhabitants of a nation since the state is not holding people and itself accountable for infringements.

And we have various terms for such a failing construction.

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't think a number of violations would define a point where human rights no longer applies. I think it has more to do with the feeling that people have within the population. For example, if a tyrant murders someone publicly and the population generally says to themselves, "Too bad for that guy". Instead of saying something like, "That shouldn't be happening" to themselves. Then human rights wouldn't apply within that population.

Another example, maybe North Korea is a place where human rights do not apply? The leader apparently murders people at will. So from our perspective North Korea is a place that violates human rights. But, from within North Korea people are generally more fatalistic about the situation and don't recognize they have any human rights and so they don't.

If people believe they have human rights then it is pressure to move the government in the right direction. If we say to ourselves that such a human right doesn't exist then the chance of it getting worse is greater and the chance of it getting better goes down.
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 29, 2019, 2:55:24 PM
(sorry about the double posts, I really hope my new mouse gets here today.)
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 29, 2019, 2:53:48 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

All irrelevant to the FACT that human rights is a real thing even in Turkey. The fact is that right to life exists in Turkey as one human right for example. You yourself admitted this fact when you stated that Erdogan has violated this right. Since it makes no sense to say that something that doesn't exist has been violated. You even imply that fact with your irrelevant points that these human rights are violated all too often.

Ok let me go about this in a different way then.

How many violations does it take before a piece of paper is proven to be worthless to the people of a nation?

Or differently, how many state sanctioned murders need to occur to the kurdish people before you would say "well ok, the kurdish people don't have the same right to live as the other ethnic groups".

Or could they murder all the kurdish residents in turkey and still claim no human rights violation or no constitutional breach has occured because the paper stating otherwise exist's?

In the absence of "law"(equall enforcement of juristiction to all citizens) regulations have zero value to the inhabitants of a nation since the state is not holding people and itself accountable for infringements.

And we have various terms for such a failing construction.

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't think a number of violations would define a point where human rights no longer applies. I think it has more to do with the feeling that people have within the population. For example, if a tyrant murders someone publicly and the population generally says to themselves, "Too bad for that guy". Instead of saying something like, "That shouldn't be happening" to themselves. Then human rights wouldn't apply within that population.

Another example, maybe North Korea is a place where human rights do not apply? The leader apparently murders people at will. So from our perspective North Korea is a place that violates human rights. But, from within North Korea people are generally more fatalistic about the situation and don't recognize they have any human rights and so they don't.

If people believe they have human rights then it is pressure to move the government in the right direction. If we say to ourselves that such a human right doesn't exist then the chance of it getting worse is greater and the chance of it getting better goes down.

I already pointed out that the sentiment of the human rights charter is a value commonly shared, but not law.
Your position was that it was written down in the constitution and therefore it was "fact".

I asked the question, at how many violations of that law without repercusions for the infringing party's does that paper stop being relevant to what is written down in it.

And now i get a "well it's not really about law but about the sentiment of the populus" argument.

Your moving the argument from a position i already defended and agreed with.
(though i should mention again, the sentiment even if recognized on a global scale is not enforced and it cannot be)

I don't see the consistency in moving your argumentation away from "well it's written in the law/constitution" when asked to define that statement in light of reality.

I asked on the previous post, not sure if you read it, but are you pro-life or pro-choice?
It's an interesting question in relation to "the right to live" both constitutionally and on a sentiments level.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
Boem wrote:

I already pointed out that the sentiment of the human rights charter is a value commonly shared, but not law.
Your position was that it was written down in the constitution and therefore it was "fact".

I asked the question, at how many violations of that law without repercusions for the infringing party's does that paper stop being relevant to what is written down in it.

And now i get a "well it's not really about law but about the sentiment of the populus" argument.

Your moving the argument from a position i already defended and agreed with.
(though i should mention again, the sentiment even if recognized on a global scale is not enforced and it cannot be)

I don't see the consistency in moving your argumentation away from "well it's written in the law/constitution" when asked to define that statement in light of reality.

I asked on the previous post, not sure if you read it, but are you pro-life or pro-choice?
It's an interesting question in relation to "the right to live" both constitutionally and on a sentiments level.

Peace,

-Boem-

I haven't changed the goal posts. All I've meant to argue from the beginning is that human rights is a real thing that exists. I've never argued that human rights are not ever violated, only that they are a real thing that exists in most places in the world.

I interpreted your statements about your personal feelings on the issue as just your personal feelings not any admission that human rights was a real thing that existed in most places in the world.

If it is written into law or the constitution then it means to me that people that wrote the Constitution recognize those human rights, at least enough to think it should be in the constitution. That seems to me to be pretty clear evidence that they at least exist there in that country.

I'm not really interested in getting into a pro-life vs pro-choice debate. But to answer your question, I believe that current laws in the USA generally do okay in protecting the rights women should have over their own bodies.
"
Boem wrote:

Actually, this is a dangerous proposition, as it gives "democracy" a chance to arbitrarily apply said human rights to some groups and not others. Worse, it's the status quo at this point in time.

Human rights apply to all, or they apply to none.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Good point, it shouldn't be considered a human right to think that one can go into one's embassy and be safe. I have no idea what came over me? One should expect to be murdered and cut into pieces when you go into a government building! You've really hit on a great improvement to our society.

What a kind and empathetic soul you are. No wonder you're a Big fan of Trump.

It shouldn't be considered a human right, because it is not.

It's a treaty between nations that any one nation can break if they so desire and which happens all the time in corrupt country's and within nations at war.

That's not to say human life shouldn't be valued but don't project that human life is valued equally all over the world. It's not.

Not to mention his post was clearly not aimed at that given he didn't respond to that part.
Good finishing touch with the sarcasm and bulls-eye painting, seems to me both pro and anti trump supporters all fail at basics of communication.

and maybe i just fail across the board without being pro or anti.

Peace,

-Boem-

Sorry Boem, in your zeal to try to be fair, you have said something so stupid, it is almost unbelievable. Life is a basic human right in most all places. It is a human right where I live, the USA. It is most likely recognized as such by the country you live in as well as the United Nations.

Here's some but not all Human rights as defined by the UN.
"
1. We Are All Born Free & Equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We should all be treated in the same way.

2. Don’t Discriminate. These rights belong to everybody, whatever our differences.

3. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety.

4. No Slavery. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave.

5. No Torture. Nobody has any right to hurt us or to torture us.

6. You Have Rights No Matter Where You Go. I am a person just like you!

7. We’re All Equal Before the Law. The law is the same for everyone. It must treat us all fairly.

8. Your Human Rights Are Protected by Law. We can all ask for the law to help us when we are not treated fairly.

9. No Unfair Detainment. Nobody has the right to put us in prison without good reason and keep us there, or to send us away from our country.

10. The Right to Trial. If we are put on trial this should be in public. The people who try us should not let anyone tell them what to do.

11. We’re Always Innocent Till Proven Guilty. Nobody should be blamed for doing something until it is proven. When people say we did a bad thing we have the right to show it is not true.

12. The Right to Privacy. Nobody should try to harm our good name. Nobody has the right to come into our home, open our letters, or bother us or our family without a good reason.

13. Freedom to Move. We all have the right to go where we want in our own country and to travel as we wish.

14. The Right to Seek a Safe Place to Live. If we are frightened of being badly treated in our own country, we all have the right to run away to another country to be safe.

15. Right to a Nationality. We all have the right to belong to a country.

https://www.youthforhumanrights.org/what-are-human-rights/universal-declaration-of-human-rights/articles-1-15.html

Fuck the UN? What does the USA constitution say?

"
Fifth Amendment
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Trump is a silly President that does not seem to believe in such rights, not unless you're the leader of a country or very rich.

Initial post on this subject.(after which you drew in the turkey constitution as if that was factual proof of human rights in turkey, since i elaborated on the situation there)

Zzzzzz.

Mentioning sentiments (un treaty/not law) and constitution of the US which is irrelevant to a corrupt non US state.

What personal feelings btw? All i did was bring in factual recent history concerning the region you where discussing.

My point has been consistent since my first post.
What does a human right mean in the absence of punishment to infringements upon it.

As for the "well they wrote it down, therefore that should be reality" argument. Yeah, no. Reality doesn't work in that fashion else i'm pretty sure somebody would have made a "global peace treaty" by now.

The korean constitution, the venezuela constitution, the sovjet constitution where all most likely lovely pieces of paper to protect it's citizens.

Up to the point they no longer did and where not being enforced equally among the citizens.

It's the sentiment that's important, let's not let reality get in the way of that or something along those lines? A few ethnic purges don't "neceserally" imply the constitution is worthless in that country, i mean, they did write it down and all.

Let's turn a blind eye to the fact the constitution was written down when the nation was a democratic republic and not a presidential republic, just tiny bits of info to ignore while we form "informed" opinions.

But i understand your position or inconsistency a lot better now.

Pro life when it comes to constitution and human rights charter, tiny bit less pro life when it comes to a new-born.

It was interesting sort of.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
"
Boem wrote:

Actually, this is a dangerous proposition, as it gives "democracy" a chance to arbitrarily apply said human rights to some groups and not others. Worse, it's the status quo at this point in time.

Human rights apply to all, or they apply to none.

I am perfectly aware of this.

And it's why i said human rights don't apply in turkey. As is evident by recent history in the region.

Pieces of paper don't make up reality, they attempt to regulate reality in predictable fashion is all.
And that works pretty good if the rules written down are enforced by equall law.

One of the reasons why that recent case in America with that actor is getting so much traffic.(the fake hate crime thing, can't remember his name)
It's a clear violation of equal justice, which is reason for great unrest to the common people.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : sometimes i wonder if people realize how fragile all of this construction is and how long it took humanity as a whole to reach this state.
People seem interested in destroying it though, probably never went outside and seen cruelty or danger.(baby boomer protection culture?)
Last edited by Boem on Mar 29, 2019, 4:59:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info