ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
DalaiLama wrote:
There are lots of potential solutions. The biggest hurdle to fixing them is that the people at the top of the government are too isolated to know how the system is broken and the people that communicate with them (aides, lobbyists, etc) are too biased to give honest answers.

Amen to this.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Something as simple as a secure phone app/printed sheet that you are given in the waiting room saying "Is this list of your medications current? Yes/No?" could knock 5-10 minutes off every visit. For a small clinic, that might mean helping 3-4 more patients a day at the same cost. A big hospital might help several dozen people more for the same costs.

My only question is: what does the (federal, especially) government have to do with this? These are interesting problems for healthcare providers and healthcare consumers and introducing bureaucrats only makes it worse. Sometimes the best, most efficient thing to do is get out of the way.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy lmao

Spoiler

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy lmao

Spoiler

If that's true, that's really disturbing.

Are people looking to renew the appartheid?
Because that's one way to go about it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
pneuma wrote:

My only question is: what does the (federal, especially) government have to do with this? These are interesting problems for healthcare providers and healthcare consumers and introducing bureaucrats only makes it worse. Sometimes the best, most efficient thing to do is get out of the way.

Budget.

For countries with social healthcare, it all come down to budget.

Implementing any kind of solution has an upfront cost and a ongoing cost. Unfortunately, even if the solution ends up saving money on the medium or long term, if the upfront cost is high, it pretty much means that you have to get the budget from elected official for it. This shit takes time and is generally achieved through contractors by putting the project on a bid system. Sadly, corruption often come into play here but even if it doesn't, all this takes a lot of time.

So yeah, that's where gov comes into play. And yes, bureaucracy makes healthcare MUCH worse.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Boem wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Like I've said many times. Just because a right is violated, it doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist. I pointed to the exact spot in the new Turkey constitution where the right to life was explicitly stated as a right.

You realize that if the founding principle of a document is violated it becomes invalid right?

All rights proposed in the link you posted depend on the founding principles being adhered to.

The document for example also says

"freedom of expresion"
"freedom of thought"
"freedom to diseminate thought"

Which are no longer rights under the presidential republic. In name only, since erdogan simple puts "international terrorist" labels on people who disagree with him due to his power position under the new power structure and imprisons journalist's he dislikes the publication off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Turkey

"
According to the Human Rights Watch 2019 report, Turkey has the maximum number of jailed journalists. In February 2018, prominent journalists Ahmet Altan, Mehmet Altan and Nazlı Ilıcak were sentenced to life imprisonment without parole on the couped charges.[71]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%93present_purges_in_Turkey

Do some follow up reading if you want.

As a little side remark, what does "USA citizen" have to do with anything?
All life is sacred in my opinion or at least we should attempt to behave like that is the case.

Or did you add the USA tag so i can't make the obvious remark "why didn't obama condemn the kurdish racial murders?"

There was plenty to condemn during obama's period in that region of the world the UN is specifically condemned for doing nothing on various occations by various articles and agency's concerned with right violations etc etc...

Peace,

-Boem-

All irrelevant to the FACT that human rights is a real thing even in Turkey. The fact is that right to life exists in Turkey as one human right for example. You yourself admitted this fact when you stated that Erdogan has violated this right. Since it makes no sense to say that something that doesn't exist has been violated. You even imply that fact with your irrelevant points that these human rights are violated all too often.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

All irrelevant to the FACT that human rights is a real thing even in Turkey. The fact is that right to life exists in Turkey as one human right for example. You yourself admitted this fact when you stated that Erdogan has violated this right. Since it makes no sense to say that something that doesn't exist has been violated. You even imply that fact with your irrelevant points that these human rights are violated all too often.

Neither do I believe human rights are unlimited without restrictions, or consequences. It is naive to think people wouldn't be imprisoned, arrested or forcefully suppressed for staging a failed coup.
Last edited by deathflower on Mar 29, 2019, 1:42:11 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Neither do I believe human rights are unlimited without restrictions, or consequences. It is naive to think people wouldn't be imprisoned, arrested or forcefully suppressed for staging a failed coup.

Sure, but I don't think anyone claimed that?
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Sure, but I don't think anyone claimed that?

Most vocal advocates of Human rights seem to imply they are universal, inalienable and indivisible. It seem important to emphatically proclaim that is highly contentious.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Ok let me go about this in a different way then.

How many violations does it take before a piece of paper is proven to be worthless to the people of a nation?

Or differently, how many state sanctioned murders need to occur to the kurdish people before you would say "well ok, the kurdish people don't have the same right to live as the other ethnic groups".

Or could they murder all the kurdish residents in turkey and still claim no human rights violation or no constitutional breach has occured because the paper stating otherwise exist's?

In the absence of "law"(equall enforcement of juristiction to all citizens) regulations have zero value to the inhabitants of a nation since the state is not holding people and itself accountable for infringements.

And we have various terms for such a failing construction.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Boem, he's talking about the world view of what human rights are, not the laws defined by the country that is violating them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info