ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Trump is the #1 terrorist and enemy of humanity at the moment.
"
Trump is the #1 terrorist and enemy of humanity at the moment.
Wait, I'm confused. How can Trump be the #1 enemy of humanity and a Putin puppet at same time? According to you, wouldn't Putin be #1?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
They share the honour
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
American citizens do not forfeit there citizenship when they commit crimes even when committing the crime of joining terrorists.

I think the jury is still out on this one. This isn't jaywalking, this is fighting for a well-known, foreign military force.

I would not expect to keep my American citizenship if I fucked off to North Korea and joined their military, up to and including leading an attack on an American embassy. People doing the same to run off and join ISIS is more similar to such a situation than it is dissimilar.

"
You will no longer be an American citizen if you voluntarily give up (renounce) your U.S. citizenship.

You might lose your U.S. citizenship in specific cases, including if you:

-Run for public office in a foreign country (under certain conditions).

-Enter military service in a foreign country (under certain conditions).

-Intentionally acquire citizenship in a foreign country except if you acquire it through marriage to a foreign national; you may become a dual national instead.

-Commit an act of treason against the United States.

https://www.usa.gov/renounce-lose-citizenship

Regarding an act of treason, that is defined in the constitution. Treason is when you help a declared enemy of the USA. Since there are no declared wars right now, treason is not really possible.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
They share the honour
Oh, so it's as if they've become a single person in that head of yours.

You should really add another, so you can have an Unholy Trinity. I nominate Medvedev.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
You will no longer be an American citizen if you voluntarily give up (renounce) your U.S. citizenship.

-Intentionally acquire citizenship in a foreign country except if you acquire it through marriage to a foreign national; you may become a dual national instead.

Regarding an act of treason, that is defined in the constitution. Treason is when you help a declared enemy of the USA. Since there are no declared wars right now, treason is not really possible.
So what you're telling me is that US citizens can have said citizenship revoked WITHOUT due process?

Man this feels so 2003, except the people both me and the person I'm arguing with have switched parties somehow.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 15, 2019, 4:03:01 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
They share the honour
Oh, so it's as if they've become a single person in that head of yours.

You should really add another, so you can have an Unholy Trinity. I nominate Medvedev.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

So what you're telling me is that US citizens can have said citizenship revoked WITHOUT due process?

Man this feels so 2003, except the people both me and the person I'm arguing with have switched parties somehow.

I didn't say anything close to that?

I made a statement to the opposite and pneuma said the jury was out on that statement. So I did a Google search and posted what I found. I haven't researched further but it seems to me at this point that pneuma appears to probably be correct.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 15, 2019, 4:13:48 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
Treason is when you help a declared enemy of the USA. Since there are no declared wars right now, treason is not really possible.

Yeah, this is the thing that has yet to be tested in a court. The case of Hoda Muthana (teenager from Alabama that left to join ISIS and is now asking to return to the US) is one to watch for a definitive statement on the matter.

At the moment, Hoda is denied re-entry to the US by executive demand and it's going to court. There is one confounding effect, though, that she might not be a citizen anyway due to fuckery surrounding her birth to a diplomat who was in the US at the time. In which case, we won't get an answer.

My own personal opinion is that joining ISIS would constitute helping a declared enemy of the US, but... well, we'll see what the court comes up with.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Treason is when you help a declared enemy of the USA. Since there are no declared wars right now, treason is not really possible.

Yeah, this is the thing that has yet to be tested in a court. The case of Hoda Muthana (teenager from Alabama that left to join ISIS and is now asking to return to the US) is one to watch for a definitive statement on the matter.

At the moment, Hoda is denied re-entry to the US by executive demand and it's going to court. There is one confounding effect, though, that she might not be a citizen anyway due to fuckery surrounding her birth to a diplomat who was in the US at the time. In which case, we won't get an answer.

My own personal opinion is that joining ISIS would constitute helping a declared enemy of the US, but... well, we'll see what the court comes up with.

The real question is, what does Trump want?

I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Actually, that seems to be an interesting case. She definitely joined the dark side. She hasn't seemed to really declare that she made a huge mistake and thinks that philosophy is evil and wrong. At least in the last article I read about it. Yet she apparently never became an armed combatant but just liked f---ing armed combatants that hate the USA.

I would find it hilarious if they let her back in the country then put her in jail for 10 or 20 years.
Trump says ‘there should be no Mueller report’ a day after House unanimously votes to make it public

Hilarious!

"
Trump said the special counsel “should never have been appointed and there should be no Mueller Report.” He also claimed Mueller’s investigation was “an illegal & conflicted investigation in search of a crime.”

In search of a crime! After dozens of indictments, a bunch of guilty pleas, as well as a few convictions, wouldn't that mean that much crime has already been proven?

For someone that claims to be completely innocent, he sure acts like he's guilty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info