ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
And let's not forget that your beloved Trump gave his backing to KKK during Charlottesville.
Bullshit. Trump was saying some people on "both sides" were bad, and some on both sides were good. Which sides did he mean? The following transcript is from Aug 15, 2017 (source)…
Transcript
FEMALE JOURNALIST: Are you putting what you're calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

TRUMP: I'm not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I'm saying is this: you had a group on one side and you had a group on the other and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible and it was a horrible thing to watch.

But there was another side. There was a group on this side [points], you can call them the left — you just called them the left — that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that's the way it is.

MALE JOURNALIST: You said there's hatred and violence on both sides?

TRUMP: Blame, yes, I think there's blame on both sides. You look at, you look at both sides, I think there's blame on both sides. I have no doubt about it and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, and, and if you reported it accurately you would say it.

JOURNALISTS TALKING OVER EACH OTHER: [mostly indiscernible] Neonazis… killed a person… Heather Heyer died.

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as [single-syllable indiscernible] and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group [indiscernible interruption] — excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group who were there to protest the taking down of — to them — a very very important statue and the renaming of a bar [?] from Robert E. Lee to another name.

JOURNALISTS: [indiscernible but apparently in reference to Trump's previous comment of "what's next? Taking down Washington's statue?"]

TRUMP: Was George Washington a slaveowner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down — excuse me? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

JOURNALIST: [indiscernible]

TRUMP: Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slaveowner. Now we're going to take down his statue. So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you have people — and I'm not talking about the neonazis or the white nationalists because they should be condemned totally — but you had many people in that group other than neonazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. In the other group also you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers. You see them come with the black outfits and the helmets and the baseball bats — you've got a lot of bad, you've got a lot of bad people in the other group.
In context it's clear: the sides he meant were for and against taking down the Charlottesville statue of Robert E. Lee. The story that Trump was drawing an equivalence between white nationalists and counterprotesters at Charlottesville is a massive hoax perpetrated upon you by the corporatist media.
So is everyone on board now that Trump never said white nationalists were fine people, and that CNN et al have perpetrated a massive hoax upon the people of the US and the world?

By the way, Scott Adams says the Charlottesville hoax is "the most dangerous thing that has ever happened" in the United States and "the mother of" the Smollett and Covington hoaxes. And he doesn't even think the Lee statue should have stayed up.

BTW I disagree on both points — the Civil War was more dangerous and Smollett-style hoaxes have been a thing since Nov 9th 2016 — but I like his class-action suit idea.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 26, 2019, 11:29:57 PM
I really don't want to get into it due to historical complexity of the (sub-) topic, but I have to disagree with Scrotie's chart on putting Darwinism and Communism at opposite sides of each other. Darwin was no 'anti-communist' neither in his intellectual work nor in his world views, and he for sure had plenty of opportunities to be, considering British political climate of those days.

Additionally, it's always worth mentioning Peter Kropotkin and Thomas Henry Huxley while talking about Darwinism:

https://www.marxists.org/subject/science/essays/kropotkin.htm

I know, i'm partly criticizing terms here. But there are political meanings under Darwinism, too, which are more true to their intellectual origins.
Last edited by vmt80 on Feb 26, 2019, 11:28:42 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So is everyone on board now that Trump never said white nationalists were fine people, and that CNN et al have perpetrated a massive hoax upon the people of the US and the world?

By the way, Scott Adams says the Charlottesville hoax is "the most dangerous thing that has ever happened" in the United States and "the mother of" the Smollett and Covington hoaxes. And he doesn't even think the Lee statue should have stayed up.

Painting the WHOLE thing as an argument over taking down a statue or not is not really true. The issue as perceived by most everyone was a bunch of Nazi KKK racists marching at night carrying torches. A bunch of anti-racist people showed up to counter protest.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Feb 26, 2019, 11:29:47 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Painting the WHOLE thing as an argument over taking down a statue or not is not really true. The issue as perceived by most everyone was a bunch of Nazi KKK racists marching at night carrying torches. A bunch of anti-racist people showed up to counter protest.
Let's imagine a similar situation: First, a small activist group they're going to organize a pro-life event protesting third-trimester abortions, and get proper permits from the city to hold the event. Second, pro-choice organizations find out about the event and organize a counter-protest, also completing the appropriate paperwork. Third — and don't ask me why — white supremacists on /pol/ advertise to like-minded bigots to crash that event (but chemlights this time instead of torches). Lastly, /leftypol/ becomes aware of the white nationalist plans and sends people dressed in ski masks and wielding bats to the parade to beat up actual and/or imagined Nazis.

Does the event stop being a pro-life event?

I get that a bunch of violent and/or bigoted assholes — on both sides — crashed the Lee statue removal protest and counter-protest. Someone died, and that's horrible. Obviously Trump was aware of this too. But don't you understand that acting like it was JUST white nationalists carrying tiki torches, and those protesting them, is part of the hoax? Of course the hoaxers don't want to point out the Lee protest — it's key to dismantling their false narrative, so naturally you didn't think of it that way. The transcript makes it clear that Trump not only understood the first three layers and condemned white supremacists, but had the courage to criticize the fourth group.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 26, 2019, 11:56:03 PM
"
vmt80 wrote:
I really don't want to get into it due to historical complexity of the (sub-) topic, but I have to disagree with Scrotie's chart on putting Darwinism and Communism at opposite sides of each other. Darwin was no 'anti-communist' neither in his intellectual work nor in his world views, and he for sure had plenty of opportunities to be, considering British political climate of those days.

Additionally, it's always worth mentioning Peter Kropotkin and Thomas Henry Huxley while talking about Darwinism:

https://www.marxists.org/subject/science/essays/kropotkin.htm

I know, i'm partly criticizing terms here. But there are political meanings under Darwinism, too, which are more true to their intellectual origins.
Of course I didn't mean that communists don't believe in the theory of evolution in the historical sense — that is, as an answer to how humans and other organisms came to be. I doubt the maker of the image meant it either, although I could be wrong on that.

I think it's safe to say that "Darwinism" on the chart clearly means "Social Darwinism" — the belief that Darwinian principles such as natural selection should or must continue to apply in civilized nations, as opposed to the barbaric wilds of nature. This Darwin actively opposed — Darwin wasn't a social Darwinist. Communists oppose social Darwinism as well — indeed, "to each according to their need" is quite possibly the very antithesis of Social Darwinism, as it renders natural selection moot.

I do think it's fair to say that communists especially, and leftists generally, believe in human exceptionalism — that is, that we're distinct enough from previous forms of life that natural selection doesn't or shouldn't apply to us. For what it's worth, many on the Right believe in human exceptionalism as well, and although they tend to embrace social Darwinism they often reject the historical kind in lieu of religious creationism.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 12:25:19 AM
Racists marching with torches, I have to assume, was intended to be a reminder of KKK night runs. The Lee statue was more of symbol of racism and a rallying point but I assume was not the primary point of concern.

Trump's encouragement to racism has been on display since his announcement of his candidacy. The racists were emboldened by this and decided it was time to crawl out from under the rock that they belong and have a rally that they hoped would trigger national attention to their racist cause and make racism more palatable from a socially acceptable perspective. Unfortunately for them, only the President came to their defense. Thank goodness.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
only the President came to their defense.
False. He said they "should be condemned totally" at the very press conference the media misquoted him from.

Did you even read the transcript? You really should.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2019, 12:20:08 AM
Guys, I just read that the entire white house media got kicked out of their hotel by Kim Jung Un.

And that everyone suspects the President was in on it, because he hates the press and made the arrangements.

I think I can get behind that conspiracy theory.
(⌐■_■)
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
only the President came to their defense.
False. He said they "should be condemned totally" at the very press conference the media misquoted him from.

Did you even read the transcript? You really should.

I listened to the President's words myself. My understanding of what the President said agrees with a very large percentage of the population. If we're all mistaken then the President could have corrected the record himself. He didn't because there was no need.

Counting on someone else to explain to us what the President really meant makes no sense and seems to be a ridiculous endeavor.

edit: You seem to be confusing the President's first scripted words with what he said when he was off script and saying what he really felt.
Last edited by Turtledove on Feb 27, 2019, 12:56:54 AM
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Guys, I just read that the entire white house media got kicked out of their hotel by Kim Jung Un.

And that everyone suspects the President was in on it, because he hates the press and made the arrangements.

I think I can get behind that conspiracy theory.
*googles this story*

Two key details you left out:
1. Kim Jung Un is staying at the same hotel, but didn't announce his plans in advance (as he shouldn't, for security reasons).
2. The press have since relocated to a new hotel a couple blocks away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info