ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
For fuck's sake, give the fool his 2%, same as you'd give literally any other President for their dumb pet project that probably won't work (but with a lower price tag), and stop with the radical obstructionism.

People forget a feature of democracy is that we can loudly disagree and stubbornly do so. Life would be boring otherwise. You think Democrats would give a free gift to Trump who don't believe in Santa?
"
deathflower wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
For fuck's sake, give the fool his 2%, same as you'd give literally any other President for their dumb pet project that probably won't work (but with a lower price tag), and stop with the radical obstructionism.

People forget a feature of democracy is that we can loudly disagree and stubbornly do so. Life would be boring otherwise. You think Democrats would give a free gift to Trump who don't believe in Santa?

Instead they're giving him an opportunity to run on border security again in 2020. Easy win.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I believe that racism is bad for our society. It is important to resist racism when it raises its ugly head. We have made much progress against racism over the last 70 years. Progress in these kind of things is a few steps forward then a step back before making more progress. Obama was a couple of steps forward in my view. Trump represents a backlash from that and is a step back or two, at least in my view. We must press forward and prevent Trump from pushing his racist views as much as we can.

He wants to make America great again which is code for repressing minorities back to the way it was 70 years ago.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
He wants to make America great again which is code for repressing minorities back to the way it was 70 years ago.
No, it isn't. MAGA is code for this.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Turtledove wrote:
I believe that racism is bad for our society. It is important to resist racism when it raises its ugly head. We have made much progress against racism over the last 70 years. Progress in these kind of things is a few steps forward then a step back before making more progress. Obama was a couple of steps forward in my view. Trump represents a backlash from that and is a step back or two, at least in my view. We must press forward and prevent Trump from pushing his racist views as much as we can.

Exactly. This certainly isn't the Reagan version of "Make America Great Again." It would have been more genuine (and original) if they went with 'MAWA'.

The "Drain the Swamp" slogan is also fun. This administration is the most corrupt and swampy in history. Nearly all departments are being led by Trump/Putin loyalists/lobbyists actively enriching themselves in the process.

Another thing: you guys are blowing racism completely out of proportion.

Let's say there's a white guy named Rich. Rich doesn't like black people, and although he doesn't seek confrontations with them, he makes a point of avoiding their company. Rich has his own job and doesn't bother anyone for anything involuntarily, unless you count the occasional joke in poor taste.

Now let's say there's another white guy named Bob. Bob doesn't have a job and spends all his time as a culture warrior defending black people from supposed oppression on the internet. He collects welfare and is looking for a way to game the disability system.

Both Rich and Bob have flaws that might make me call them an asshole if I ever met them. But out of the two, Bob is the bigger asshole. Rich's ideas might be idiotic, but he's not hurting anyone — he's abiding by the principles of free speech, free markets, and free association.

Y'all — and to be fair, almost everyone these days — is wrapped up in this idea that being a racist is the worst of all sins, a blasphemy unto the new God of these times, and that heretics must have ropes put around their necks and their feet deplatformed. This is a completely out-of-proportion response. I don't like their ideology, and thoroughly believe they deserve mocking jokes at their expense, but honestly that's about it. I rank racism near "flat-earther" in terms of faults.

There are bigger problems in this world to deal with.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 8, 2019, 2:13:43 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Another thing: you guys are blowing racism completely out of proportion.

Let's say there's a white guy named Rich. Rich doesn't like black people, and although he doesn't seek confrontations with them, he makes a point of avoiding their company. Rich has his own job and doesn't bother anyone for anything involuntarily, unless you count the occasional joke in poor taste.

Now let's say there's another white guy named Bob. Bob doesn't have a job and spends all his time as a culture warrior defending black people from supposed oppression on the internet. He collects welfare and is looking for a way to game the disability system.

Both Rich and Bob have flaws that might make me call them an asshole if I ever met them. But out of the two, Bob is the bigger asshole. Rich's ideas might be idiotic, but he's not hurting anyone — he's abiding by the principles of free speech, free markets, and free association.

Y'all — and to be fair, almost everyone these days — is wrapped up in this idea that being a racist is the worst of all sins, a blasphemy unto the new God of these times, and that heretics must have ropes put around their necks and their feet deplatformed. This is a completely out-of-proportion response. I don't like their ideology, and thoroughly believe they deserve mocking jokes at their expense, but honestly that's about it. I rank racism near "flat-earther" in terms of faults.

There are bigger problems in this world to deal with.

No mate, Rich deserves to gets his face bashed the fuck in. Also pls tell everyone on Twitter he's a racist so he loses his job.

t. antifa pro
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
He doesn't deserve to have his face bashed in.

However, he does deserve to be dragged daily and refused service by respectable businesses. He deserves to lose his job in order to protect others from the spread of racism. He deserves to be relentlessly reminded that racism is not acceptable in civil society.

He shouldn't have contact with children, as racism is a learned behavior. Babies aren't born with that horrible trait.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"

However, he does deserve to be dragged daily and refused service by respectable businesses.

Interesting. So he shouldn't have food or water. Also no electricity. And if he doesn't own his home and rents instead, he should be kicked out on the street. All because of a thought crime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info