ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Mexico is paying them? Mexico is going to bring the material over?

Keep moving those goalposts :D

I didn't set those goalposts. The clown did.

During the Trump campaign.

Donald, "We're going to build a big beautiful wall! Who's going to pay for the wall?"

Crowd, "MEXICO!"

Donald, "Who?

Crowd, "MEXICO!!!"

Donald, "That's right. Mexico is paying for the wall. That I can promise you."

Repeat every Trump rally, sometimes multiple times in a rally.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Another fact: article five of the US constitution spells out, clearly, the process for amending the constitution. Nowhere does it say the simple introduction in the House, with a majority of yays will do it.

No one said that. You said that the Dems were being stupid because they introduced a bill for a constitutional amendment and you falsely claimed that was not how amendments were done. You are now trying to back track and pretend you said something different.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Exactly, TD. One of the 'features' of Trumpism is the delusion that what happened in the past can be revised and rewritten. Trump's pal and partner, Putin does the same. It's incredible how they work together in that ongoing endeavor. The cultists are too hypnotized to notice, but normal humans do.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I didn't see one thing in my post that was pro wall, pro Trump, anti immigration, etc. Just simple facts. President gets impeached and kicked out of office, or resigns, or dies, or is unable to function, etc. vice president gets the job. Pence (to my knowledge) is not under investigation.

Pence IS far right, very conservative, Christian fundamentalist. Ask him. Nothing controversial here. He would admit to this as he sees nothing wrong with his own ideology.

It's a lot more complicated than simply saying "both of them are bad": while Pence may be very conservative, he is less likely to deal lasting damage to his country and the world as a whole than Trump, because he is less corrupt than him, and also because he likely has more consideration for the country's alliances and deals with foreign nations (let's not forget that he is more likely to honestly try to work with the opposing party, rather than simply try to shift the blame for his ultimatum).
Now I'm not saying Pence would be liked by democrats, but they would most likely at least recognize that he is much better fitted to the position, and you wouldn't get nearly as many articles that picture the presidency as being a total wreck.
Basically, it may be better for relations between parties to have an actually hard republican than a bat-shit crazy dude that may have committed treason.
Now it is not possible to know whether or not whether Pence has participated in illegal activities surrounding the campaign. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, that's something we'll have to see when the results of the investigation are made public. But if he is clear, he'd likely be a better choice than Trump, despite his political position.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
He plays by the rules.

Hmm. Might want to have a look at his prior record before making a statement like that. ;)
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Pence might be an opponent in the game but he is not an enemy of the game. He plays by the rules. This whole drain the swamp thing was a crashing failure (a corrupt real estate mogul failing to get rid of systemic corruption. Wow. Surprise) and I reckon both sides are eager to rid the chess tournament of this boorish, ignorant checkers amateur.

I think Pence would be much better than Trump when it came to US foreign policy. Helsinki made it clear to me that Trump cannot reasonably handle foreign policy. For domestic policy Pence, would probably be worse than Trump.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You have to understand. Trump doesn't backtrack. He doesn't correct himself. He simply believes that what is true now was always true.

It takes years and years of very sheltered existence to pull this off so naturally it looks a lot stranger when someone you thought was sane until a few years ago does it now...but they have to do it because it is the reality imposed by their leader.

They could maybe choose a less insane leader but I guess that requires a measure of contrition following Trump doesn't demand or require. Easier just to keep going now and drive right off that cliff after him...i guess.

At any rate, I think its going to be a very interesting year.

Agree on all points, C. Here we go!
On Pence:

He knew of the improper contact and discussions of removing sanctions involving Flynn and others in the campaign with Russian Nationals and failed to notify the authorities of this illegal activity.

He was the first of the Trump campaign members to lawyer-up. Currently, he's either a subject/target of the investigation OR a cooperating witness.
"
Mexico is paying them? Mexico is going to bring the material over?
We have some of the finest Mexican construction workers here in America already.

That was my red flag about the whole "Wall" thing.

If Mexico were to indeed pay for the wall to be built,then they would have rights to which construction corporations get the contracts. I can guarantee at least once such firm will be straight outta Mexico City.

On the other hand, it makes perfect sense for Mexico to build such a wall. Keeps the Murkans out. In theory.

So yes, the Mexican construction corporations could now buy from Mexican suppliers... bang, 50,000 jobs created. At least. Everyone gets paid, el Presidente becomes more of a national hero, and those pesky Murkans are kept out. In theory. And for their utter uselessness in times of single-person aircraft as well-understood technology, there is something cool about building a giant wall. Something badass.

This solution was suggested around the 2004 elections: Just build a giant Wal-Mart along the border. WalMart gets their inexpensive labor force, shoppers in the border states get low low prices. Everybody wins. I suppose none of the think tanks have come up with a marketing model that focus groups can agree upon.

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Mexico, no longer so happy to host hordes of Central American "migrants," is investing a LOT of money in reinforcing THEIR southern border. This will serve to stem the tide of Honduran, Guatemalan, and El Salvadoran "refugees" beelining for the US. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info