ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Except for the fact that the difference in Democrat and Republican workers is only a few percent. Either way he's the biggest bullshit artist I've ever seen and pretty funny seeing someone attempt to explain how his lies aren't really lies.
Scrotie, what is your point of view on Trump's threat to close the border with Mexico?
What are, in your opinion, reasonable answers for the democrats to give to that threat?
Regarding Khoranth's assertion that somebody already debunked the list of 7500 false and misleading statements. I remember one post by someone that seemed to discount the whole list because they considered "NO COLLUSION" to be truthful and therefore shouldn't be on the list.

The WP interface seems to work this way. Their analysis of each statement will automatically pop up when that statement matches your search criteria. So for example I searched "NO COLLUSION" and 184 matches came up. I then searched this 184 statements until I found one with only one false misleading statement. The longer the statement the more false and misleading statements you are generally going to see. so

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8743508c42db

Trump statement
"
“It's a hoax. The whole thing was a hoax. There was no collusion.”

WP analysis
"
The special counsel investigation into potential collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign and obstruction of justice continues, and no conclusions have been announced.

I consider it very reasonable that Trump supporters would say here, "I'll give the President the benefit of any doubt on that one", or something along those lines. I also consider the WP analysis reasonable.

It looks like most of the statements have more than one cross reference false and misleading statement though. Let's look at some other statements on this list.

Trump,
"
The inner workings of the Mueller investigation are a total mess. They have found no collusion and have gone absolutely nuts. They are screaming and shouting at people, horribly threatening them to come up with the answers they want.

WP,
"
The special counsel investigation into potential collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign and obstruction of justice continues, and no conclusions have been announced. All aspects of the investigation have widely been covered by the media and there's no evidence to suggest that it is a "witch hunt." While investigators are incredibly tight lipped, there's no indication that the investigation is a "total mess" or anyone has "gone absolutely nuts." Rather, they have secured more than a dozen guilty pleas related to the probe.

Another one,

Trump,
"
There is No Collusion! The Robert Mueller Rigged Witch Hunt, headed now by 17 (increased from 13, including an Obama White House lawyer) Angry Democrats, was started by a fraudulent Dossier, paid for by Crooked Hillary and the DNC. Therefore, the Witch Hunt is an illegal Scam!

WP,
"
Trump falsely says that the Russian probe was started by the dossier, when in fact even the GOP-led House Intelligence Committee acknowledges the probe began with a foreign-intelligence tip about Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos.

Trump,
"
And there should have never been any Mueller investigation because there was never anything done wrong. There was no collusion; there never has been. You would have known about it a long time ago if there was. There was nothing -- they should have never had it. They've wasted millions and millions of dollars.

WP,
"
The special counsel has filed charges against 38 individuals in Russia and the United States, seven of whom have been convicted by a jury or by their own guilty pleas. That group includes Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and other former aides and associates. The special counsel investigation into potential collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign and obstruction of justice continues, and no conclusions have been announced. Adding it all up, the total cost of the Mueller investigation through September 2018 was $25.2 million. But Mueller through asset forfeiture has seized properties and funds from Manafort. Independent journalist Marcy Wheeler has estimated the value of Manafort’s seized assets at $46 million, or nearly twice the cost of Mueller’s investigation so far.

So, there's far more false and misleading statements in those 184 statements than just the "NO COLLUSION" search target that produced the list of 184 statements.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 28, 2018, 4:19:25 PM
"
SnowCrash wrote:
Either way he's the biggest bullshit artist I've ever seen and pretty funny seeing someone attempt to explain how his lies aren't really lies.
That's how you reach that S Tier of bullshit artistry: figure out how to tell lies that aren't really lies.

You won't see me saying that Trump doesn't lie. I'll say he's not stupid, I might even say he keeps his campaign promises, but Trump lies a lot. I just don't think that's so unusual for a politician. Woke, indeed — as in, you slept through all the previous presidents.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Over 7000 lies in 2 years is beyond pathological. He's lied more than any other oxygen breathing entity since the big bang.
"
What are, in your opinion, reasonable answers for the democrats to give to that threat?

Laugh as he throws a temper tantrum. Hope he tries it and then laugh again when the courts tell him to kick rocks.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Woke, indeed — as in, you slept through all the previous presidents.

You would never give the same courtesy to a Democrat that you give to Trump its pure partisan BS. No President in our life time has lied as much as Trump. Now cons are turning into liar's to explain away his lies.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You would never give the same courtesy to a Democrat that you give to Trump its pure partisan BS.
Based on what evidence? I've previously said in this thread that Obama was a genius and that demonizing one's opponents isn't healthy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
"

Laugh as he throws a temper tantrum. Hope he tries it and then laugh again when the courts tell him to kick rocks.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

You would never give the same courtesy to a Democrat that you give to Trump its pure partisan BS. No President in our life time has lied as much as Trump. Now cons are turning into liar's to explain away his lies.

I disagree with that. Odds are that it is a partisan thing and in the case of Trump, it's aggravated because unless other presidents before him, he constantly make an enemy of the opposing side. A normal president try to consolidate the losing side of the population. Trump divide it more and more.

What I'm saying is that if a democrat president divided the population like Trump does, you'd see the same kind of insane support from the die hard democrat supporters.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Avenatti was the closest thing to a Democrat Trump. Sadly (because Trump would've crushed him in 2020), he got fucked by his own shadiness, while Teflon Don prevails.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Regarding Khoranth's assertion that somebody already debunked the list of 7500 false and misleading statements. I remember one post by someone that seemed to discount the whole list because they considered "NO COLLUSION" to be truthful and therefore shouldn't be on the list.

The WP interface seems to work this way. Their analysis of each statement will automatically pop up when that statement matches your search criteria. So for example I searched "NO COLLUSION" and 184 matches came up. I then searched this 184 statements until I found one with only one false misleading statement. The longer the statement the more false and misleading statements you are generally going to see. so

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8743508c42db

This one seems better because it's calling false statements.

"Misleading" shouldn't be mixed in, as that's what politicans do. Trump maybe more than others, but still.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

I'm not sure I agree, if only because the democrats/left-wing thinkers tend to be less, well, conservative than the right. That is, more open-minded to others (and that's not always a good thing) and less apt to embrace an obvious demagogue who demonises the other and then revels in the chaos.

...So it's hard for me to imagine conditions in which democrats would embrace a Trump-like figure unless you extract from this concept only the most basic of elements: rebellious, outspoken, unstoppable, divisive. These are too vague. So I can't do that because the elements of Trump that I find most defining are very much anti-left: big industry over environmental concerns, business over public works, self over others, misogynistic, prejudiced, etc...

I can imagine a "Democrat" Trump. If Trump's in for long enough, and followed by similar, then absolutely a Lefty with heavy "corrective" measures and fuckloads of charisma would be possible.

It wouldn't be pretty.

As for US politics, eh, it's just this thread and the awfulness of him. I'd like to shrug them off and do our own thing. They can pack up Pine Gap and go home, thanks.

Last edited by erdelyii on Dec 28, 2018, 8:40:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info