ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
He didn't; the context was more narrow than that, specifically what kinds of people the Mexican government is encouraging, through state-paid programs, to immigrate.

Interesting assertion, I know that our lying President has implied if not out right said such a thing. I didn't think anyone really believed it though? I know I didn't it. I did a quick Google search and could find no reference to these state-paid programs. Do you have a reliable source that you could link please?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 26, 2018, 6:56:43 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I mean, take a look at this CNN article. The facts are: Trump publicly and recently expressed confidence in Mnuchin. The conclusion, via anonymous source: Trump does not have confidence in Mnuchin. Note that CNN hollowly acknowleges the facts but prioritizes the anonymous made-up story regardless, and that this frankly psychotic conclusion has already been repeated in this thread.

The facts are Trump publicly lies all the time.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I mean, for fuck's sake, you probably still think Trump said that immigrants from Mexico, generally speaking, are rapists. He didn't; the context was more narrow than that, specifically what kinds of people the Mexican government is encouraging, through state-paid programs, to immigrate. And that's a statement misconstrued from the speech where he announced candidacy for President.

Would you mind sharing us a link to the full speech, so we can make our own minds about it, please?
It's not like it would be the only time he used racist rhetoric or attacked unfairly a person or group of people. I remember double-checking when he attacked a judge on his supposed Hispanic origins, and clearly seeing that he wasn't being misrepresented by the media on that subject. I am not sure whether I double-checked his speech on the Mexican immigration. If you get me the link, I'll be happy to double-check.

That being said, the story about him spoiling a little kid's dreams about Santa clearly isn't something people should be focusing on. Here are 3 plausible hypotheses about it:
1) He made a mistake. If so, it's being blown out of proportion.
2) He intentionally did that to hurt the child. Seeing how many times he's been a huge dick to a lot of people, it's just a drop in the sea.
3) He intentionally did that to divert attention about the government shutdown. I do feel that that last hypothesis is the most plausible, as he has already very often carried one misdeed to successfully divert attention from a previous misdeed.
Don't focus on that phone call, and remember the real issue at hand: Trump refused the consensus of republicans and democrats in order to force his own agenda, leading to the shutdown.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I mean, for fuck's sake, you probably still think Trump said that immigrants from Mexico, generally speaking, are rapists. He didn't; the context was more narrow than that, specifically what kinds of people the Mexican government is encouraging, through state-paid programs, to immigrate. And that's a statement misconstrued from the speech where he announced candidacy for President.

Would you mind sharing us a link to the full speech, so we can make our own minds about it, please?
It's not like it would be the only time he used racist rhetoric or attacked unfairly a person or group of people. I remember double-checking when he attacked a judge on his supposed Hispanic origins, and clearly seeing that he wasn't being misrepresented by the media on that subject. I am not sure whether I double-checked his speech on the Mexican immigration. If you get me the link, I'll be happy to double-check.

That being said, the story about him spoiling a little kid's dreams about Santa clearly isn't something people should be focusing on. Here are 3 plausible hypotheses about it:
2) He intentionally did that to hurt the child. Seeing how many times he's been a huge dick to a lot of people, it's just a drop in the sea.
3) He intentionally did that to divert attention about the government shutdown. I do feel that that last hypothesis is the most plausible, as he has already very often carried one misdeed to successfully divert attention from a previous misdeed.
Don't focus on that phone call, and remember the real issue at hand: Trump refused the consensus of republicans and democrats in order to force his own agenda, leading to the shutdown.

Here's the relevant part I'll quote. The link to the complete speech below.
"
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

http://time.com/3923128/donald-trump-announcement-speech/
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"

You're giving Trump waaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit lol. The answer is actually simpler than what you came up with.

4) He's really, really stupid. Stupid man says stupid things.

"

I can't tell if you are spinning the Trump-Shutdown. What specifically happened is the orange baby had a temper tantrum and shut down the government b/c he wasn't going to receive 5 billion dollars for his useless vanity wall.
Last edited by coatofarms on Dec 26, 2018, 8:45:18 PM
Trump: I want a wall!
Pelosi: Nope.
Trump: Steel slat barrier?
Pelosi: No.
Trump: A big fence?
Pelosi: Don't think do.
Trump: Some posts with barb wire?
Pelosi: Maybe.
Trump: How about a bunch of no trespassing signs?
Pelosi: Sure, whatever.
Trump: WINNING!!!
Last edited by coatofarms on Dec 26, 2018, 9:03:50 PM
I see the TDS is soaring, just like the stock market (those Obama economics kicking in again, thank God!). Trump basically raped a 7 year old girl! Later.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I don't know why but just browsing through this particular thread and reading posts, I get surreal visuals, stuff I read from "The Tin Drum" (Die Blechtrommel) by Guenther Grass, and at the same time scenes from "The Black Adder" with that British actor most know as Mr Bean, mostly gags that ridicule Kings & Queens and other royalty, Fools & Charlatans included, but maybe that's just me.

These are interesting times we live in, maybe a bit schizophrenic too, but interesting none the less.

- I have a cunning plan (Baldric), or to summarize it all nicely, I'll just (also) quote Senator Gaius (if I remember correctly the name) from "The Gladiator" who said to General Maximus "...oh but with an army behind you, you can be extremely political...", after the victorious final battle with the barbaric hordes, and during the celebrations when they proposed to him a political career, which he kindly refused, declaring... shamelessly his complete ignorance regarding political affairs!

I just wish that just a tiny, itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie, a god-damn minor fraction of that... shame could somehow grow into the... conscience of politicians nowadays, but what am I talking about, that's just wishful thinking, not to mention controversial, the shame's on me... forget I said anything.

Reminds me of a quote usually misattributed to the Cheshire Cat: Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

Keep it up.

"
Charan wrote:
Rowan Atkinson. Incredibly smart man, sadly type-cast as either the idiot savant Mr Bean or (sigh) the plainly lame Johnny English.

His Blackadder stuff is just brilliant, although Ben Elton and Richard Curtis wrote the more sophisticated material.

Blackadder the 2nd and 3rd ... delicious.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
No, I meant a lack of contact with reality. Particularly in the sense of the social psychosis — wherein a shared disconnect with reality is accepted and legitimized.

I mean, take a look at this CNN article. The facts are: Trump publicly and recently expressed confidence in Mnuchin. The conclusion, via anonymous source: Trump does not have confidence in Mnuchin. Note that CNN hollowly acknowleges the facts but prioritizes the anonymous made-up story regardless, and that this frankly psychotic conclusion has already been repeated in this thread....

I thought you were talking about Charan's comment. To review -

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
You see it's totally not psychotic at all to wish another human being to be murdered or die if you use a reference.
I mean lol and all, but in seriousness it is psychotic, and obviously so. Indeed, it seems most NeverTrumpers are the sort who collect diagnoses of psychoses like they're merit badges. While Trump Derangement Syndrome is a vile rightwing meme, Trump Anxiety Disorder seeks wider adoption and legitimacy. I don't get a vibe of sanity, but a vibe of unapologetic insanity with a documented excuse.

So... you were stepping out to a wider group of psychotic people.

the delusional aspects. Right, I see. Back to your most recent then -

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
As I said before, this type of coverage helps Trump, not hurt him. Imagine if previous presidents were covered that way. For instance, headlines of "Obama not confident ACA will allow Americans to keep their doctor, source says" drowning out coverage of Obama directly saying Americans would be allowed to keep them. When it turned out that ACA wouldn't allow Americans to keep their doctors, fewer Americans would remember that Obama promised the opposite, and many would believe the fiction that Obama was on the opposite side of the argument.

A much better, less psychotic headline, even allowing some serious anti-Trump bias, would be "Trump says he still has confidence in Mnuchin. How long until he's made to eat those words?" That would potentially hold Trump accountable for his statements. But that's not how our media behaves. Instead they're so busy misconstruing and misrepresenting the statements and actions of the Trump administration that Trump can feasibly play both sides — if his statements prove correct, he falls back on video of his exact words, and if they prove incorrect he does nothing and have you lot keep believing your anonymous sources regarding what he meant.

So again, I meant "psychotic" in the sense of disconnected from reality. And when the vast majority of the opposition, to include reportage, of the ruling party is psychotic, well, that's problematic (to use the word properly for once) in terms of checks and balances on government power.

Thanks for the explanation. Just "delusioanl" is better, as psychotic does mean (lay) "dangerous, violent, and unhinged", or this. True, it seems to fit BUT what you're describing is in part extremely distressing for the people experiencing it, and causes them to be alienated. People in psychosis are generally not hanging out in a bar and holding forth with others on political topics.

What you are describing is nothing more than you seeing people having irrational beliefs, not checking sources, and so on.

I think calling this media headlining psychotic also removes responsibility for what they are doing, which is far from ideal. The media should always be 100% accountable.

Better than delusional for you to be using would be "sociopathic", which bleeds into psychopathic.

So maybe "psychopathic" which is 100% aware crazy malice. Still delusional, too, so you have that.

At any rate,

'I'm besides myself with worry': Federal workers attack Trump shutdown on Twitter after he insists they SUPPORT his wall

:/

Trump loves Putin and hates Americans.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

"delusioanl"

Yeah, I totally read that as 'delusioanal'.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Haha, wow -- that should be a word.

No probes, mate. Blowin' in the wind, so to speak. Happy trails.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info