ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Trump’s decision to withdraw from Syria is Alarming. Not so much as to what will happen to Isis, but what will happen to the Opposition forces and Kurdish forces.

They absolutely have to negotiate with Ashar al-Assad of Syria, and Russia, if they don't want start shooting each other. They probably feel like a used rag, Trump is such a jerk.

What's alarming is Turkey wants to (perhaps already is) attack "the good guys" (who we in the USA generally consider the good guys) there in Syria, and basically only the USA can stop them from wiping the good guys out.

It's a big win for Putin, which is what the Donald cares about. Fuck the rest.

What is so alarming about Trump is that we can't know what his motivation is. Did he do this for Putin? Erdogan? or ?? and was it because Putin or Erdogan are offering him a bribe or threatening to expose some Kompromat? Unfortunately the least likely case, at least to my mind, is that he thinks it would be best for the country.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

What is so alarming about Trump is that we can't know what his motivation is. Did he do this for Putin? Erdogan? or ?? and was it because Putin or Erdogan are offering him a bribe or threatening to expose some Kompromat? Unfortunately the least likely case, at least to my mind, is that he thinks it would be best for the country.

Just to give you a non-TDS perspective: he did it because he hates the fact that the US are spending so much money on bullshitting around in some 3rd world countries. He's been talking about it for 30+ years. But no, it must be muh kompromat. Alex Jones tier conspiracies lmao.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
Yes well, those same approval ratings show Trump as being largely disapproved, especially compared to former presidents. It's nice that you believe that too.

Fox news and some other news pundits are turning against Trump, it's only a matter of time before the flock will follow, and the oversimplified yes or no approval rating of Trump will reflect this. Unless he goes to prison before that and/or resigns; in no particular order.

You moved goal posts, then you made another unsubstantiated claim and sprinkled a bit of TDS-laden wishful thinking on top. Wew!
Hardly, you are the one dismissing evidence because 'polls are bad' but then you quote and like other polls because 'these polls are good'. As a reminder, this started off with 2 articles about their polls conducted, evidence presented. You just magically hand-waived them because REASONS.

"

"
rojimboo wrote:
Even in your own 4chan circulated graph, the rate hikes started before Trump, in 2015.

The tiny hike in late 2015 doesn't change the overall point, that's what the red line is for. And even after the tiny hike the rate was stable for a year. Then came Trump and the rate increase exploded.
Yes yes, Fed is just a political entity, it doesn't even care about the economy. Just polls. And how popular they are on social media.

OR

The Trump effect on economy is finally playing out, and investors realised Trump's word is worth dog shit, especially regarding the trade war.
"

"
rojimboo wrote:
And during Obama times, lending had to incentivised as we were recovering from a massive global financial crisis.

Sure, that's (supposedly) the point of the Fed. But the market stabilized fairly quickly and was at pre-crisis level in 2013. But they decided to keep the rate low until Trump came along. Weird how that happens.
I don't ascribe to this conspiracy theory at all, the burden of proof is on you.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Just to give you a non-TDS perspective: he did it because he hates the fact that the US are spending so much money on bullshitting around in some 3rd world countries. He's been talking about it for 30+ years. But no, it must be muh kompromat. Alex Jones tier conspiracies lmao.

If Trump cared about spending and the deficit, he probably wouldn't have made the deficit explode...
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You are misreading my post. You needed to place much more emphasis on the word "unfortunately" and not ignore the phrase, "at least to my mind". You also seemed to ignore the phrase, "least likely". I did NOT claim it must be a negative explanation. Your are making a false assertion. You really had to bend over backwards to misread it in that way, it seems.

Personally I really hate the idea of having our young men and women in harms way in Syria. I would love it if we could bring them all home. The proper way for a President to do that is to consult with the experts. That is military and CIA advisers. Tell them I want to get out of Syria, what's the best way to make that happen. Listen to what they say. Tell them to make a plan. Review the plan once it's complete and make sure everyone that needs to has looked at it and shared their thoughts. Update the plan with valid input.

Is that what happened? NO!!! What happened is that our idiot president is presiding by tweet. Is there a plan? NO!!! Has he even reviewed any plan? NO!!! It is just a tweet. The journalists go to the White House for questions. The White House redirects them to the Pentagon. The Pentagon sends them back to the White House. Then today Mattis resigns. Is that just a coincidence? Probably not.

The point of my previous post was not to claim conspiracy theories were true like your bogus false claim. The point of my previous post is that it is a sad situation when thoughtful and significant parts of the population are concerned about the motivations of their lying President. Which is exactly what my first sentence stated.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 20, 2018, 11:08:23 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/donald-trump-james-mattis-out/index.html

Well there goes the last shred of decency in that administration.

"
"Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position," Mattis wrote in his letter.

"One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies," he added.

But yeah, guys, globalism is baaaad.

Good for Mattis. It seriously looks like Turkey is going to genocide our allies in Syria. I'd resign too.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/donald-trump-james-mattis-out/index.html

Well there goes the last shred of decency in that administration.

"
"Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position," Mattis wrote in his letter.

"One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies," he added.

But yeah, guys, globalism is baaaad.

Let's guess who is the next Secretary of Defense?
"
rojimboo wrote:
Hardly, you are the one dismissing evidence because 'polls are bad' but then you quote and like other polls because 'these polls are good'. As a reminder, this started off with 2 articles about their polls conducted, evidence presented. You just magically hand-waived them because REASONS.

I didn't hand-wave anything, I explained why the polls don't measure anything regarding someone "turning" on Trump. Only approval rating polls would measure that but those "magically" don't show anyone turning on Trump. So the polls that actually measure what we're talking about are contrary to what you're saying.

"
rojimboo wrote:

The Trump effect on economy is finally playing out, and investors realised Trump's word is worth dog shit, especially regarding the trade war.

No, the investors are reacting to the rate hike. It's almost like the Fed has influence on the stock market. The stock market didn't give a shit about the "trade war" until very recently, remember that "war" started in March.

"
rojimboo wrote:
I don't ascribe to this conspiracy theory at all, the burden of proof is on you.

It's literally what happened, read the graph.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Khoranth wrote:

Good for Mattis. It seriously looks like Turkey is going to genocide our allies in Syria. I'd resign too.

If you have to babysit a NATO ally to not genocide people, you gotta pick better allies.

Anyways, Mattis will be missed. Super competent guy who did a great job. Sadly he's the wrong guy for Trump's current plan (gtfo of Syria and Afghanistan and build that big beautiful wall).
Seriously? The good guys in Syria? There are no good guys in a war that has targeted civilians for like 8 years.

Mattis always seemed like an odd choice but some of the Pentagon clowns are actually less dangerous than the Stateys. And that is a sad fact. Not sure about his departure.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info