ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

And now they are claiming that so called Trump supporters are turning due to withdrawal from Syria. Newsflash: if you are against it, you were never really a Trump supporter.
Censored.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
As I've said before, anyone who can maneuver themselves into the office of President of the United States is invariably a genius. They might not be moral, but morality is a separate consideration from intelligence certainly, and from mental health debatably. I believe this is the truth behind the heart of House of Cards (both UK and US); even the most cynical yet somewhat realistic view of power dynamics in the highest rungs of politics involves people who are highly intelligent, pragmatic at best and deeply immoral at worst, and of dubious sanity.

I personally think it's a mistake to view such power players as crazy or stupid, even if one views them as evil. I definitely would call Obama and Bill Clinton geniuses, even though the latter got caught lying about a blowjob. And I think mental illness should NOT cover merely antisocial behavior, such that it encompasses everything society doesn't find ideal, but only cover anti-self behaviors wherein the person undermines themselves. Thus I consider Trump to definitely be a sane, stable genius.

A good man? Sometimes, yes; sometimes no. But overall? Perhaps not good at all.

If you think antisocial personality disorder is acceptable, I guess psychopath or sociopath can be your president too. Malevolent antisocial behavior is acceptable only to a certain degree. People have a inclination to kick malicious people out of office. Trump isn't our president so like I say if you like him you can keep him.

Are you implying he is Loki? Those are not the characteristics of Hulk.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

Ok let's look at approval ratings.

Lowest approval rating for the first 700 days since 4-5 presidents now, higher disapproval ratings for Trump for the first 700 days since 4-5 presidents now.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Your claim was that "Trump supporters are turning". Show me on that graph where they supposedly "turned". Hint: you can't.

It might not be visible yet on a black and white approve/disapprove poll, but you shouldn't just blanket dismiss other polls due to no reason in particular, whilst keeping the ones you like. That's biased and cherry-picking. Either point out flaws in their methodology, or dismiss *all* polls as non-scientific mumbo jumbo.

"

"
rojimboo wrote:

Your point? Use words please.

Are you saying a high debt level means increasing fed rates? Ok. So then that might be yet ANOTHER reason why Fed increased rates...

I have 100 dollars of debt. I pay 6% interest. I pay 106 dollars back, of which 6 dollars are interest.

I have 300 dollars of debt. I pay 2% interest. I pay 306 dollars back, of which 6 dollars are interest.

Wow thank you! Basic arithmetic did elude me in kindergarden.

My question was, what was your point? Regarding Fed rates at current levels in the economy, it's impact on stock markets, the Trump effect and its magnitude.

You know. Something relevant instead of arguing 1+1=2...

Try using more words to expand your ideas. We don't have the attention spans of small birds, I think I can handle reading one or two more sentences from you.
"
rojimboo wrote:

It might not be visible yet on a black and white approve/disapprove poll, but you shouldn't just blanket dismiss other polls due to no reason in particular, whilst keeping the ones you like. That's biased and cherry-picking. Either point out flaws in their methodology, or dismiss *all* polls as non-scientific mumbo jumbo.

The reason I dismiss the polls is because they don't measure Trump approval.

Example:

CNN: Do you think Trump always tells the truth with regards to Russia?
Me: No, of course not.
You: Trump is finished!

Well, nope. Apparently people who don't believe everything he says still approve of him, and in the end that's what matters.

"
rojimboo wrote:

Wow thank you! Basic arithmetic did elude me in kindergarden.

My question was, what was your point? Regarding Fed rates at current levels in the economy, it's impact on stock markets, the Trump effect and its magnitude.

The more debt someone has, the harder a Fed rate hike will hit him. That's why you can't compare rates from 20 years ago with those of today, on average everyone has way higher debt nowadays. And having higher debt payments means less money for investment which means lower economic output which means lower stock markets. During the Obama years, the rate was low so the economy could easily grow. Once Trump got in, the Fed started increasing the rate over and over and over again. Pure coincidence of course.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
And now they are claiming that so called Trump supporters are turning due to withdrawal from Syria. Newsflash: if you are against it, you were never really a Trump supporter.

Trump’s decision to withdraw from Syria is Alarming. Not so much as to what will happen to Isis, but what will happen to the Opposition forces and Kurdish forces.

They absolutely have to negotiate with Ashar al-Assad of Syria, and Russia, if they don't want start shooting each other. They probably feel like a used rag, Trump is such a jerk.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Trump’s decision to withdraw from Syria is Alarming. Not so much as to what will happen to Isis, but what will happen to the Opposition forces and Kurdish forces.

They absolutely have to negotiate with Ashar al-Assad of Syria, and Russia, if they don't want start shooting each other. They probably feel like a used rag, Trump is such a jerk.

What's alarming is Turkey wants to (perhaps already is) attack "the good guys" (who we in the USA generally consider the good guys) there in Syria, and basically only the USA can stop them from wiping the good guys out.
"
Xavderion wrote:

The reason I dismiss the polls is because they don't measure Trump approval.

Example:

CNN: Do you think Trump always tells the truth with regards to Russia?
Me: No, of course not.
You: Trump is finished!

Well, nope. Apparently people who don't believe everything he says still approve of him, and in the end that's what matters.
Yes well, those same approval ratings show Trump as being largely disapproved, especially compared to former presidents. It's nice that you believe that too.

Fox news and some other news pundits are turning against Trump, it's only a matter of time before the flock will follow, and the oversimplified yes or no approval rating of Trump will reflect this. Unless he goes to prison before that and/or resigns; in no particular order.

"
The more debt someone has, the harder a Fed rate hike will hit him. That's why you can't compare rates from 20 years ago with those of today, on average everyone has way higher debt nowadays. And having higher debt payments means less money for investment which means lower economic output which means lower stock markets.
so far so kindergarden-good.
"
During the Obama years, the rate was low so the economy could easily grow. Once Trump got in, the Fed started increasing the rate over and over and over again. Pure coincidence of course.
Actually we discussed this already. Even in your own 4chan circulated graph, the rate hikes started before Trump, in 2015. And during Obama times, lending had to incentivised as we were recovering from a massive global financial crisis. Sort of what you'd expect from an apolitical entity. Spearheaded by Trump's hand-picked man.

I love going back 4 or 5 post to the beginning. It's almost as if nothing was understood, which is odd because no questions were asked...
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

What's alarming is Turkey wants to (perhaps already is) attack "the good guys" (who we in the USA generally consider the good guys) there in Syria, and basically only the USA can stop them from wiping the good guys out.

It's a big win for Putin, which is what the Donald cares about. Fuck the rest.
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

No worry. They wouldn't start shooting until you leave. Then it wouldn't be your problem.
"
rojimboo wrote:
Yes well, those same approval ratings show Trump as being largely disapproved, especially compared to former presidents. It's nice that you believe that too.

Fox news and some other news pundits are turning against Trump, it's only a matter of time before the flock will follow, and the oversimplified yes or no approval rating of Trump will reflect this. Unless he goes to prison before that and/or resigns; in no particular order.

You moved goal posts, then you made another unsubstantiated claim and sprinkled a bit of TDS-laden wishful thinking on top. Wew!

"
rojimboo wrote:
so far so kindergarden-good.

You wanted me to elaborate, don't blame me.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Even in your own 4chan circulated graph, the rate hikes started before Trump, in 2015.

The tiny hike in late 2015 doesn't change the overall point, that's what the red line is for. And even after the tiny hike the rate was stable for a year. Then came Trump and the rate increase exploded.

"
rojimboo wrote:
And during Obama times, lending had to incentivised as we were recovering from a massive global financial crisis.

Sure, that's (supposedly) the point of the Fed. But the market stabilized fairly quickly and was at pre-crisis level in 2013. But they decided to keep the rate low until Trump came along. Weird how that happens.

"
rojimboo wrote:
Spearheaded by Trump's hand-picked man.

That was five years after the market recovered.

By the way, what Powell is doing is in principle a good thing. It's just "unfortunate" that it damages Trump. The Fed shouldn't be sucking Wall Street's dick like it has been doing during the Obama era. Ironically, the best move for Trump would've been to simply keep Yellen as Fed chair if he wanted the party to go on.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info