[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

TS, I appreciate your effort very much my dear friend.
I am bowazon fan (NeverSink and AmigoReach builds).
I enjoyed my phys/ele TS archer girls and I was disappointed with your build at first.
Well, the thing was... I didn't put the Chain gem it - I tried the Pierce one with Drillneck thinking that I will get tonns of dmg through more projectile dmg scaling.
I was wrong, once I changed Pierce to Chain support I realized the power of the build.
Map clearing is not that fast until you get full-mod endgame with 20/23 and 21/20 gems, 90+ level with lots of high-rolled jewels with life+DoT+BowIAS and etc.
Currently I am 85 and I leveled faster than my 84 ele-TS girl here on Abyss

Your build is much more tanky and surviving bcz you cover the Vaal Pact nerf with Thief's Torment life/mana gain on hit.
It's not OP as you still lose one ring slot but the combo is fine (previously we used Infractem + Torment for "cannot leech" ignoring).
But I have tonns of pleasure running all map mods with that build.
Died once on Poorjoy bcz of Extra Damage mod on blue mobs - my bad, I could kite them pretty ezly.

"
jackals1234 wrote:
How do you level this build as it seems pretty awful.

1) Which bows/other items do you use as you level up?
2) What skill gems/links do you use as you level up?
3) In terms of the skill tree, what do you get first?
4) When do you fully switch to end game gear/skill gems?

Thanks in advance.

1. Silverbranch -> Storm Cloud -> Roth's Recurve (LA for more aggressive grind/Ice shot for more safe) -> Death's Harp (no comments) -> Infractem + Thief's Torment + Drillneck (until 60+)
also I'd take Tabula Rasa and 1-2 rings/amulet from Elreon with -mana cost for skills not to be dependent on mana
Goldrim is a must have until you get a good tri-res boots to put on Devoto/Starkonja/Alpha's howl(maybe?)
2xBloodboil rings is a nice and cheap ele boost for your damage if you don't run Elreon -mana cost rings
Karui's Ward might be a nice early amulet to boost proj dps
Wanderlust boots for freeze resist and basic MS boost - early on, then you might switch them on w/e you like until tri-res
Slitherpinch for leech+IAS could be nice early boost for DPS and life/mana leech
if you still have troubles with leveling poison build - I'd take Lioneye's Glare + Signal Fire and grind up to lvl 70-75 to be 100% sure you are able to dominate T1-8 maps to level 80+
2. I think LA/Ice Shot is the best with LMP until TS+GMP
3. It was written before, I'm way too lazy to remind it - just rewind some pages and read carefully
4. Once you get all poison nodes, 4-5L Dendrobate, Snakebite, cap resistances and MoM from the skill tree

you have to level as physical/phys+ele TS until you are able to get to lvl 60+ to get some life/mana pool to sustain heavy hits with MoM (3k life + 1k mana seems fine to me to start grinding maps early on but don't facetank too much - bosses and extra damage modified mobs will punish you)

"
Jairbear26 wrote:
What would be the order of importance on the support gems for the chest? Im on xbox and way too poor to get it 6 link atm so 5 link is all I'm able to manage atm!

TS/Barrage
1. GMP
2. Chain (you may change it for Deadly Ailments for single bosses w/o spawns)
3. Added Chaos Damage (dmg scaling)
4. Unbound Ailments (inc duration & more dmg)
5. Deadly Ailments (more dmg)

btw I was thinking today about Void Manipulation - is it possible to use it instead one of the gems in our setup and will it be more efficient for our build?
Last edited by fabregas88 on Jan 15, 2018, 3:32:50 PM
For anyone who wants to use a watcher's eye with this build you can use a level 1 clarity (takes 34 mana reservation). I got this for a nice defensive boost.

"
fabregas88 wrote:
btw I was thinking today about Void Manipulation - is it possible to use it instead one of the gems in our setup and will it be more efficient for our build?

Void Manipulation is decent but doesn't give more dps than any of the other gems.
Hello, I've been trying your build recently, and it is the most "budget" build that I've ever played so far.

The leveling is quite nice and fast!
From level 1-24 is really quick! Just use normal gem set for elemental damage and it will get you through! You can also do with lesser poison support with sharpel shot or lightning shot!
From level 24-31; you'll get access to temporal chains! The curse will increase your DoTs duration on any cursed target - making them die quicker!
From level 31-50; you'll get access to blasphemy + despair, thief's torment ring, and all the goodies. You'll leveling up and kill bosses really quick!

While I was searching for a boot-replacement in Act 6, I found this cool boot that gives all resistances, decent movement speed, and additional curse limit!

It also synergy really well with the gloves before getting myself a corrupted amulet version! (As previous mentioned by other players!)

Bought one of this jewel for like 12c, and hopefully I can find more something like this, but with percentage maximum life.
"
RaptorSWS wrote:
For anyone who wants to use a watcher's eye with this build you can use a level 1 clarity (takes 34 mana reservation). I got this for a nice defensive boost.

I don't think it's good. Without looking at your profile I doubt you have the mana for a 60/40 health to mana ratio. With 5K hp you would need 3.3K mana. Also the mana recovery isn't that great compared to a good jewel since thiefs is pretty nuts already.
"
Aseki2013 wrote:

While I was searching for a boot-replacement in Act 6, I found this cool boot that gives all resistances, decent movement speed, and additional curse limit!

It also synergy really well with the gloves before getting myself a corrupted amulet version! (As previous mentioned by other players!)

Bought one of this jewel for like 12c, and hopefully I can find more something like this, but with percentage maximum life.

I don't like taking Windscream here as you lose solid tri-res, 10-15% MS and +flat life bonus which is clinical for the build

Asenath's fine but you lose frenzy charges boost and poison landing chance

also the jewel mentioned in your post is pretty solid but I'd better take %inc life+poison dmg instead of your version with %inc mana
bow IAS is fine here but not critical, %inc life here is a must have stat
first off I'd fill all jewels having %inc life and poison dmg/dot dmg and some time after switch them on 3-4 stat endgame jewels once you grind some currency

btw I don't get one thing: why ppl look for inc poison duration? the numbers are so low 4-6% increase duration; why don't we get 15-20% inc poison dmg instead?
Last edited by fabregas88 on Jan 16, 2018, 3:04:56 AM
Is there a way to have barrage/tornado shot always be on the same key when you swap gems? i find it really awkward when i switch gems to also have to switch keys im using for my main skill.
I want to kill shaper with a small budget. Can this build kill shaper easily? Can it kill shaper without the 3ex unique amulet?
one more question
PPAD gives more damage with poison and more projectile damage, isn't it the gin we need for our build?
"
foojin wrote:
"
RaptorSWS wrote:

I don't think it's good. Without looking at your profile I doubt you have the mana for a 60/40 health to mana ratio. With 5K hp you would need 3.3K mana. Also the mana recovery isn't that great compared to a good jewel since thiefs is pretty nuts already.

hey man does projectile damage work for this build ?
Last edited by mortyforever on Jan 16, 2018, 10:58:33 PM
"
btw I don't get one thing: why ppl look for inc poison duration? the numbers are so low 4-6% increase duration; why don't we get 15-20% inc poison dmg instead?

I'm not quite sure about poison duration, but from what I know that...

Increase poison duration = Increase poison damage cap + Less damage over time.
Reduce poison duration = Reduce poison damage cap + More damage over time.

If I recall, you can poison bosses, but in exchange they'll receive less 50% poison duration.

This is somewhat a good thing for us, but also a bad thing for us:

1) Good thing: we'll deal damage over time faster and proc more poison damage.
2) Bad thing: our maximum poison damage will be reduced by 50%.

So...is poison duration a good thing then?

1) For early-game. Not so much.
2) For end-game. Yes! It will have a huge effect on our damage! 4%-6% increase in poison duration will increase our maximum poison damage by a 4%-6%.

I think the most important jewel stats based on my what I've experienced so far in this build is w/ the 50% less poison duration on bosses is.

1) Increase poison damage
2) Increase damage over time
3) Poison duration
4) % maximum life

EDIT: I've test out a few things and noticed a huge difference with poison duration.
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 17, 2018, 1:44:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info