[3.2] Titan [16K ES, 1M DPS, 10K ES/sec, Deathless Uber Elder, Shaper on 1L, All map mods]

Any variant of this build using another skill?

EDIT: SORRY DOUBLE POST WEBSITE LAGGED
Last edited by Ergolic on Dec 19, 2017, 6:49:14 PM
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
So far I'm lvl 87 and running the brine king version of the build. I'm very tempted to respec to the Arakali version as although the builds been very tanky, I've run tankier builds with better clear speed. The big issue is burst dps, as it is for every build at late end game.
Maybe Divi can chime in on which is better for end game, I do know that even with Brine King I get stunned by Uber Izaro more or less every 2-3 hits. being stuck stationary while he's about to slam your face is not my idea of fun. Atleast not when I'm still only at 7.5k es~. I'm curious if the Arakali version has better tanking potential.

Do you have the Brine King power upgrade? Getting stun and block recovery to 100% would at least halve your stun duration. I know it's not ideal, but may be something you overlooked.
"
Ergolic wrote:

I can at least say I've tried Lightning Strike and Reave. Neither compares well to Blade Flurry.

Lightning strike used to be a bit better for me at clearing lower level maps, but now BF works wonders even compared to it. I simply use inc AOE for mapping and swap to lightning pen for boss. (til I get 6link, then I'll have lightning pen always + conc effect for boss.)
"
volosi_nazad wrote:
could u check my gear? have now only 9500 es, but have every jewel with es, 320+ es shield
not sure how to improve this to 10-11k
so need advice what piece of gear upgrade next
i cant get watcher jewel like urs, since there is no jewel with convert by clarity on hardcore and i guess i can't kill red elder myself without atlest 11k es (not sure could this jewel drop from yellow one, killed 2 times = nothing)

Apart from a couple of levels, maybe another 20-30 es on helm/boots (60 ES translates to ~500 ES), a bit more ES/int on ring and some int on shield there's not much you can do. If you can get all those I can see you hitting ~10.5K-11K. Also maybe divine your HOWA to get 11/12% increased int, that could be another 50ish int. Other than that just more levels.
Check out my 3.0 Melee CI Inquisitor, I kill Shaper on a 1 Link!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311
"
"
Ergolic wrote:

I can at least say I've tried Lightning Strike and Reave. Neither compares well to Blade Flurry.

Lightning strike used to be a bit better for me at clearing lower level maps, but now BF works wonders even compared to it. I simply use inc AOE for mapping and swap to lightning pen for boss. (til I get 6link, then I'll have lightning pen always + conc effect for boss.)

Just got a 6L BF with inc aoe. It's pretty good, not sure what more people could want.
Check out my 3.0 Melee CI Inquisitor, I kill Shaper on a 1 Link!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311
"
Divini wrote:
"
"
Ergolic wrote:

Just got a 6L BF with inc aoe. It's pretty good, not sure what more people could want.

I did a life BF inquisitor last league, I like this build because of ES and regen, I just didn't want to repeat the same skill again, however I'm considering it.
"
Ergolic wrote:

I did a life BF inquisitor last league, I like this build because of ES and regen, I just didn't want to repeat the same skill again, however I'm considering it.

Yeah, BF was not my fav skill, but I do like it more now. It's decent AoE with inc AoE gem. But to be honest, since this is my first char this league, I think I'll just use it as my lab/atziri/shaper runner, as it is wonderful for running uber lab. I can dodge Izaro's attacks easy with Whirling blades and BF melts him.
I did try face-tanking him once, and he didn't kill me@9.1k ES (guess I wasn't critted, but still.. regen is insane, traps can't kill me unless if I do something really stupid)

Just hoping I hit that 6 link soon.
"
yCoRrUpT wrote:
Spoiler
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
So far I'm lvl 87 and running the brine king version of the build. I'm very tempted to respec to the Arakali version as although the builds been very tanky, I've run tankier builds with better clear speed. The big issue is burst dps, as it is for every build at late end game.
Maybe Divi can chime in on which is better for end game, I do know that even with Brine King I get stunned by Uber Izaro more or less every 2-3 hits. being stuck stationary while he's about to slam your face is not my idea of fun. Atleast not when I'm still only at 7.5k es~. I'm curious if the Arakali version has better tanking potential.

Issues: Blade flurry is clunky despite its high dps. If you get stunned, you lose your stacks. If you hold down the attack, sometimes it gets stuck at 1-2 stacks and releases without you wanting it to. This is a Bug that's persisted since the release of the skill.
Building up to 6 stacks takes times, this build does not have a fast APS. it takes 2s to get to 6stacks. my crit shadow many leagues ago did it virtually instantly.
I've been leveling reave and wild strike in the background for fun, I took a lvl 4 wild strike gem with 12% quality and it was one shotting mobs in lvl 67 reliquary. I didn't get a chance to test it in maps but I suspect at 20/20 it could do quite well, alas it's also clunky. I may also keep leveling a cyclone. I know Cyclone isn't ideal due to our mediocre movement speed and the fact we're using no quicksilver flasks. But Immunity to stun sounds nice, at which point only freeze would be an issue, solved with a quicksilver with freeze removal + charges/charge recovery.
I've also tested a bit with spectral throw and found it to be a bit slow. I'm now working on es+aps for all my jewels were I can. Maybe it'll solve my issues.

Some leveling experience: I went from low lvl to 86 with a Hand of Thought and Motion and I say this to all leveling players, don't rush into a hand of wisdom. It's still early in the league (week 2) so prices are 30x + their normal value for that item. let alone an 11% int one. or culling strike corruption. When I upgraded I didn't notice much if any aps increase, and my dps increase was negligible as mobs still took 2 ticks of BF to kill, and rares still went down with 2 6stack charges unless they had very tanky mods. I thought there would be a much greater improvement considering it was the most expensive upgrade to the build, taking 90% of all my currency to do. It is an upgrade, but not one that I felt effected my clearspeed. I was expecting it to get me to elebuzzsaw levels of aps, it didn't. not even close.

Finally for end game theory crafting, these new elder and shaped items have a TON of potential, for our case. It's the 15% reduced mana reservation ES shields. Imho it could let us run discipline and Wrath without Enlighten, or with Enlighten it might allow us to not spec into the aura nodes on the tree. The Big question is if we can also run a purity on such a 3 soc shield with 15% reduced mana res+4%(passive).
Also, a question to Divi, why are we not running any curse at all? No curse on hit, maybe with our totem. Or swapping out Wrath for Herald of Ice+curse on hit. Either Warlords Marks, Conductivity, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, or Temporal Chains?

This build really comes into fruition once you get high ES numbers, i.e. 10K+. Since ES double dips in survivability, i.e. you get a higher ES pool and you have higher sustain/sec, getting as high ES as possible is very important for survivability.

I am playing the Soul of Arakaali version and find it almost impossible to die. I am currently sitting at 11.5K ES (with the new clarity version of the jewel), and can tank Shaper's beam with Soul of Arakaali + consecrated ground. Once I get a 6L I will post some videos up of just facetanking everything. You should concentrate on high ES gear, i.e., 250+ ES helms, 280+ ES shields, 170+ ES boots, ES on jewels, etc.

I don't run a curse because mobs die too fast to matter to curse, and bosses have so much curse reduced effectiveness that it really doesn't make too much of a difference. Also, I made the build with Ylfeban's in mind (which is extremely rare this league), which applied a random curse on hit, making a curse even less necessary.

I need to still test out Reave/Wild Strike/other attacks, but I just love Blade Flurry so much (I like micromanaging the 6 stacks).

Yeah I'm working on more ES but it's a slow process as often items just don't exist with such values on the market yet. I'm currently working on swapping out all of my claw and attack damage jewels for pure flat ES/int, ES%. And with APS buffs when available as I'd like BF a lot more with higher aps.

Don't get me wrong, the build is a super tank. I've survived a lot of crazy boss encounters at lower levels than I should have, with allies dieing around me while I never went below half health. But there are still scenarios with bleed, maim, and a bunch of non-elemental ailments, or multiple damage mod +crit maps where enemies out dps both my regen and leech with all buffs active. And due to the rather slow aps, the build feels sluggish to my responses, resulting in me getting instantly(less than a second) bursted to death while trying to get into BF combat range between packs. I'll keep working on it naturally. I think with enough aps/int/es hybrid jewels I can get it to closer to my desired speed.

"
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you have the Brine King power upgrade? Getting stun and block recovery to 100% would at least halve your stun duration. I know it's not ideal, but may be something you overlooked.

Yes of course, I'm just missing the last upgrade of 50% reduced chill effect as well as the Tukohama upgrade as it's in such an awkwardly placed part of the new atlas. Every bit counts and upgrading up to cannot be frozen if frozen recently was one of the first things I did.

At this point i know that I need 3 more levels to get 20 more int and a final jewel slot. I need to get the Tukohama upgrade as that 2% life -> es regen will imho be hopefully key to even better tanking. I need to get an enlighten gem so I can run a purity. And then finally I need to upgrade my rings, boots, and jewels. They're not bad gear pieces but there's always room for upgrading even just an extra 20 flat es. Especially since I'm so way overcapped on resists.
Hi and nice build by the way..

I use blood rage and immortal call with cast when damage taken in my Howa.

My question how hight you are leveling the gems at these and must be all linked?

thanks for anwering...;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info