[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

I'm starting your build today I cant wait to start spinning around and killin everything :D unfortunatelly Mathil made new build today that require cospri and price went higher for about 540% :/
I have one question casue im not sure you use 1 first snow and 1 frozen trail jewel right??
Last edited by lesiooo on Sep 30, 2017, 8:54:46 PM
"
lesiooo wrote:
I'm starting your build today I cant wait to start spinning around and killin everything :D unfortunatelly Mathil made new build today that require cospri and price went higher for about 540% :/
I have one question casue im not sure you use 1 first snow and 1 frozen trail jewel right??

Hey, glad you decided to try it out!
Yeah its too bad the price skyrocketed, eventually it will deflate down to normal again, might take a while though..
The build uses two of both first Snow and Frozen Trail, as you can see in the gear section.
bängan is bängan.
So after playing around with cyclone + freezing pulse + frostbolt and bladeflurry + freezing pulse + glacial cascade, I feel that the latter is more fun to play. With cyclone, you need to be in melee range which is dangerous in PoE while the ranged bonus of bladeflurry makes mapping feel much more safer for me.

If anyone can another opinion, how does frostbolt + 2 threshold jewels compare with glacial cascade + 2 mediocre crit multi jewels? From my PoB it says glacial cascade is around 37k per hit (with 2 more meh jewels) while frostbolt is 105k per hit (removed those two jewels for threshold). But since GC can hit multiple times, if it hits 3 times it does more dps than frostbolt although from looking around it seems to hit twice on average and up to 3 times with conc effect.

Also from mapping with both combinations, GC feels much faster and smoother. There's less stragglers in packs and they die much faster because frostbolt is slow as hell. I like the feel of GC more as casting again just to kill one mob that didn't die from frostbolt it annoying. From bossing and swapping out gems when the boss reaches half hp, there's not too much difference in dps from using either combination although someone else would need to confirm this.

Also I dont understand this response:
"
Glacial Cascade will work, but would make this build much more "melee". Forstbolt has an insane range. I just don't see a reason to make this change. Won't really be more damage or anything as we don't scale physical and cold but only cold. Just much less range.

How does GC turn you into melee when you still need to be in range to trigger the CoC from cyclone or bladeflurry? Your effective range (when bossing) is the range of your skill that procs everything. Also while the range on GC is technically shorter than frostbolt, this assumes that the frostbolt can travel the entire distance and can be blocked by terrain. Also while it may go further, it won't as cleanly destroy a pack unlike GC unless you want to put pierce somewhere so they pierce. But I do agree the damage does get worse depending on the number of hits.

But I still prefer this version of the build over Mathil's as he has his trademark softcore small lifepool and I don't like some of his passive tree choices. This build also does things right with using lycosaide and a life leech gem (helps so much when facetanking bosses).
Ok so where should I place them and is Bisco's good idea for mapping? I decided for this build casue i love cyclone and with this setup it has nice aoe and map clear boost :D
"
Uraweirdo wrote:
So after playing around with cyclone + freezing pulse + frostbolt and bladeflurry + freezing pulse + glacial cascade, I feel that the latter is more fun to play. With cyclone, you need to be in melee range which is dangerous in PoE while the ranged bonus of bladeflurry makes mapping feel much more safer for me.
Sure, it is dependant on what style of play you prefere. Though you wont reach max procs with blade flurry on bosses.

"
If anyone can another opinion, how does frostbolt + 2 threshold jewels compare with glacial cascade + 2 mediocre crit multi jewels? From my PoB it says glacial cascade is around 37k per hit (with 2 more meh jewels) while frostbolt is 105k per hit (removed those two jewels for threshold). But since GC can hit multiple times, if it hits 3 times it does more dps than frostbolt although from looking around it seems to hit twice on average and up to 3 times with conc effect.
Cascade is a bit better on bosses with big hit boxes, since then it will hit 3 times per cast.

"
Also from mapping with both combinations, GC feels much faster and smoother. There's less stragglers in packs and they die much faster because frostbolt is slow as hell. I like the feel of GC more as casting again just to kill one mob that didn't die from frostbolt it annoying.
Glacial cascade feels just too narrow to be effective at clearing big packs to me. We are talking 5 Frostbolts traveling two screens distance doing at least twice the damage as one hit with Cascade.

"
From bossing and swapping out gems when the boss reaches half hp, there's not too much difference in dps from using either combination although someone else would need to confirm this.
Swapping out what gems?..

"
"
Glacial Cascade will work, but would make this build much more "melee". Forstbolt has an insane range. I just don't see a reason to make this change. Won't really be more damage or anything as we don't scale physical and cold but only cold. Just much less range.

How does GC turn you into melee when you still need to be in range to trigger the CoC from cyclone or bladeflurry? Your effective range (when bossing) is the range of your skill that procs everything. Also while the range on GC is technically shorter than frostbolt, this assumes that the frostbolt can travel the entire distance and can be blocked by terrain. Also while it may go further, it won't as cleanly destroy a pack unlike GC unless you want to put pierce somewhere so they pierce. But I do agree the damage does get worse depending on the number of hits.
Pierce?..are you confusing Frostbolt with Arctic Breath?
The problem with Cascade is that it is very narrow and only goes in one direction compared to frostbolt that travels two screens and fires in a wide cone. If you would take out freezing pulse from your character and just do some maps with only Cascade, then do maps with just frostbolt, you would see what he means by making it feel more "melee".
Also to make Cascade viable at all we are forced to take Winter Spirit passive node. And that would require a pretty big rebuild of the tree.
bängan is bängan.
Last edited by Crovaxx on Oct 1, 2017, 7:31:43 AM
"
lesiooo wrote:
Ok so where should I place them and is Bisco's good idea for mapping? I decided for this build casue i love cyclone and with this setup it has nice aoe and map clear boost :D

If you check the links in the "Passive trees" section of the guide, you can see where I have placed the jewels.
I use Bisco's all the time now while farming maps, and not trying to level up any more.
Pandemonius is huge for damage and survivability, but with good enough gear, you dont need it for the damage.
bängan is bängan.
"
Uraweirdo wrote:

"

That is a quote by me. WHat I meant by "melee" is your range of killing things. At this point in time you will obviously only run nice maps. Meaning open field, no indoor shit :D And with Frostbolt we have 7 projectiles every proc that travel 2 screens and kill everything. GC will only have a range of max. half a screen as we have no AoE nodes and don't use Inc. AoE gem. That's why I also said that if you want to make a CoC GC build, you should make a new tree. Because on top of GC being an area skill, it is also a physical skill. Meaning getting some of the nice physical nodes on tree would be great. And GC will only hit multiple times on big bosses. Shaper is for example not big.

Also, this is obviously not a bossing build... It can do it, sure. But is so much worse than for example GC Miner or Brutus Lead Sprinkler builds. So this being a build focused on clear speed, Cyclone is much better. I tested it on T15 Beachheads. 3 maps with Cyclone and 3 maps with BF. I needed 3 minutes more on average with BF. The Problem is that BF only procs your spells in one direction. And you have to stop while using BF. With Cyclone I have 100% uptime of my "Alchemists Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline" which means my Cyclone is very fast. It is almost like running through packs. And I havent died with this build while mapping since I equipped The Pandemonius. The blind will make it very easy to not die while cycloning. I mean, I cyclone in the Beachhead bossfight where there are tons of high level rares all around you. And I was only level 75 with a healthpool of 4000. Was absolutely no problem.

You will need a lot of attack speed to reach max proc rate with BF. Cyclone has double the attack speed that is shown ingame. And you can't be stunned while cycloning. And the added range of BF makes the two curses a bit obsolete, Blasphemy range is pretty shitty :/
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 1, 2017, 9:02:08 AM
@Crovaxx Ty u for this beautiful build
Am I going in the right direction? :)
"
vitrums wrote:
@Crovaxx Ty u for this beautiful build
Am I going in the right direction? :)

"Right direction" lol. I think with 30ex+ gear you are already there. Only thing you could improve are your jewels. 32% crit multi should be absolute minimum for each jewel. Crit Multi is more than twice as good as anything else you can get on jewels.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 1, 2017, 3:50:03 PM
Hello, about GC, frostbolt, freezing pulse stuff :) as my personal thought, Frostbolt dps>freezing pulse>GC. But since GC have more crit and if it cast 3 times in a row it has equal damage than frostbolt (i mean the difference is not much), I think it worth to change 1GC for 1 freezing pulse or if you want you can switch 2gc for 2 freezing pulse (of course if so, u much change the jewel too).
Additionally, freezing pulse reduces damage as far as it goes, so just lets the frostbolt clear the further area and GC take care of strong mobs in close distance. GC would be better for bosses.
And GC has really nice hitbox that would help your eyes much after hours mapping ^^. Mtx is highly recommending cuz it's super cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info