[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
gubaguy wrote:
I would like peoples thoughts on my setup, gear, etc. Also i am having some real mana issues agasint higher level bosses, specifically bosses with multiple bosses (crystal ore, fuck you crystal ore), and elder portals phase, i have yet to fail that phase, but i have found myself completely out of mana during it on multiple occasions.

Mah stuff:
Spoiler

Some notes: I farmed uber lab for a few days trying to get a GG enchant on my helm, got nothing, not even anythign worth selling.

My Daggeris about 5k more DPS then my previous one, which was just spell damage and crit, this one has an absurd amount of crit, and the increased cold is also sexy.

I would like to replacer my amulet with something with more flat mana, otherwise i dont really think theres much to upgrade here, i aim for 100+ life on all rare gear, ive been watching for elder/shaper items with good rolls but havnt found anything really.

So anyone got any tips? Comments?

EDIT: Got a possibly better ammy? Less mana regen, but more damage

Consider getting dream fragments. I think that's what windz is using too. The more mana and regen helps as well as the freeze/chill immunity.

EDIT: Also try out a wise oak flask if you can get your resistances set up as well as a diamond flask. That can increase your damage so you kill things faster and avoid running out of mana.
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jan 3, 2018, 11:04:59 PM
"
axelw wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:
I would like peoples thoughts on my setup, gear, etc. Also i am having some real mana issues agasint higher level bosses, specifically bosses with multiple bosses (crystal ore, fuck you crystal ore), and elder portals phase, i have yet to fail that phase, but i have found myself completely out of mana during it on multiple occasions.

Mah stuff:
Spoiler

Some notes: I farmed uber lab for a few days trying to get a GG enchant on my helm, got nothing, not even anythign worth selling.

My Daggeris about 5k more DPS then my previous one, which was just spell damage and crit, this one has an absurd amount of crit, and the increased cold is also sexy.

I would like to replacer my amulet with something with more flat mana, otherwise i dont really think theres much to upgrade here, i aim for 100+ life on all rare gear, ive been watching for elder/shaper items with good rolls but havnt found anything really.

So anyone got any tips? Comments?

EDIT: Got a possibly better ammy? Less mana regen, but more damage

get vaal clarity, at lvl 20 with incresed duration is 16 seconds of "infinite mana"
also i dont hink kaoms is good this patch, an boot with 25%ms life and resis is better imo
for ammy you have more options fore boss kill if you dont use biscos, marylene, yoki are good also

So you didnt even look at my gear then? Becuase if you did you would see i have vaal clarity already, at max level, and that i have an increased duration on it, and i dont know why you think im using biscos, i linked 2 amulets, neither of them were a biscos.
"
gubaguy wrote:

First of all you should consider buying a 20/20 corrupted GC jewel, costs like 3c and gives massive dps increase. One of the best Defenses this build has is the ability to freeze or just 1 shot everything it hits. For that to work you should try to get your crit chance to about 65% and always use a diamond flask. Also you are missing full conversion, the long winter jewels look a bit underwhelming at first but they provide a substantial aoe increase, making mapping easier and safer . If you have 2 of them you can also consider dropping one of the aoe clusters in the tree and use the points to get "deep thoughts" for 28% increased max mana.
A shaped helmet with "place an additional mine" is also a very good upgrade, it makes mapping faster and also helps with sustained dps against bosses (basicly 33% MORE dmg)
Last edited by swaggerino123 on Jan 4, 2018, 5:40:55 AM

Let me know what improvements can be made for more surivability! Thanks.
"
kng710 wrote:
Spoiler
"
donong wrote:

farmed enough currency to buy 2 mirrors with this build lmao so OP

"
Hollycz wrote:
"
donong wrote:

farmed enough currency to buy 2 mirrors with this build lmao so OP

you are either telling lies or you farmed your ass in HOTG and got lucky and dropped a lot of cards. dont see how you can farm so much with this considering I got like 60ex this league and i consider this league pretty neat in terms of my luck :D or you dropped a mirror or 2 that would make sense considering you didnt really spend much on your gear.

What did you guys farm? Maps or HOTG?

i did farm maps, dropped like 3ex and 6linked a windripper I dropped with 150 fus. did 3 runs in hotg which i dropped and got nothing out of it. want to kill shaper since i have an entry but that is about it. dont rly play anymore and want to try a new build but dunno what. something strong but which is not bothersome like some where you need to be constantly on flask or generate charges which can be pain (or swap gems, weapons etc. which I dont simply wanna do anymore :D)

i believe with bisco i would get some better drops but it is simply too expensive atm altho i could affort it easily i dunno how fast it would come back to me. so i wanted to do a clearspeed build which is fun and possibly can use bisco :D no idea which to choose

honestly t15 are simply enough, t16 bosses are harder if you dont know mechanics properly. shaper isnt hard solo or in 2 people. also farming shaper is... expensive :D one entry = 1 ex = 1 gloves => profit :D
"
swaggerino123 wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

First of all you should consider buying a 20/20 corrupted GC jewel, costs like 3c and gives massive dps increase. One of the best Defenses this build has is the ability to freeze or just 1 shot everything it hits. For that to work you should try to get your crit chance to about 65% and always use a diamond flask. Also you are missing full conversion, the long winter jewels look a bit underwhelming at first but they provide a substantial aoe increase, making mapping easier and safer . If you have 2 of them you can also consider dropping one of the aoe clusters in the tree and use the points to get "deep thoughts" for 28% increased max mana.
A shaped helmet with "place an additional mine" is also a very good upgrade, it makes mapping faster and also helps with sustained dps against bosses (basicly 33% MORE dmg)

Or i could keep farming mid-tier maps and level my own gems becuase currency drops this league hasve been abysmal and my gems are all already 18-19/20 and it woudl take only a couple hours to farm them to 20/20 myself. I also dont get why i need FULL conversion, with my current setup i tear apart yellow map elder in about 6 seconds, and im already almost never in danger while mapping. I would also have to respec a ton of gear to get a +1 mines helmet unless i was willing to give up my life, which im not becuase im sitting at 6k, and 1600 mana with MoM.
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
swaggerino123 wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

Or i could keep farming mid-tier maps and level my own gems becuase currency drops this league hasve been abysmal and my gems are all already 18-19/20 and it woudl take only a couple hours to farm them to 20/20 myself. I also dont get why i need FULL conversion, with my current setup i tear apart yellow map elder in about 6 seconds, and im already almost never in danger while mapping. I would also have to respec a ton of gear to get a +1 mines helmet unless i was willing to give up my life, which im not becuase im sitting at 6k, and 1600 mana with MoM.

Then if you know all that why the fuck bother ask for help here? I don't get it.
I'll start out my post by saying that if I read all 90 pages I would probably get my questions answered, but if someone would give me a few simple pointers I would eternally be indebted. I have 18 alchemy, 11 chaos, 1 exalt and a few vaal orbs/scouring etc... I also have some dev cars I could sell for a hand full of chaos.

I'm in act 8 near the end and was thinking of doing some upgrades once I reach level 70, but am not sure what exactly I should be going for first(priority). I was thinking of grabbing yoke of suffering, but then saw a post about grabbing lvl 20 corrupted glacial cascade. I found a few quality 23 corrupted cascades for 8-10 chaos. Additional I lack a lot of stats in my gloves, belt ,shoes, and helm (everywhere really lol) but hopefully I get good drops when I start to map. I've been using clarity, but I could upgrade to vaal.

Lastly, I looked at some profiles and saw a few different jewels being used. Clear mind, the long winter, watchers eye. Is it worth grabing these in the skill tree before I finish the crit nodes? Should I just be looking at clear mind? I also looked at some flasks but holy exalts. I'm thinking about praying to the exalt god and sacrificing body parts.

I will continue to read the posts in this thread but thanks to all who help regardless. I have one Last question about the 2 rare daggers I posted. Maelstrom seems to be the better of the, too right? Because of the increased crit chance for spells? I seriously need a hyperbolic time chamber to ingest the Poe wiki, so I can figure this stuff out on my own.

Last edited by Zorven on Jan 4, 2018, 5:06:55 PM
"
Zorven wrote:
I'll start out my post by saying that if I read all 90 pages I would probably get my questions answered, but if someone would give me a few simple pointers I would eternally be indebted. I have 18 alchemy, 11 chaos, 1 exalt and a few vaal orbs/scouring etc... I also have some dev cars I could sell for a hand full of chaos.

I'm in act 8 near the end and was thinking of doing some upgrades once I reach level 70, but am not sure what exactly I should be going for first(priority). I was thinking of grabbing yoke of suffering, but then saw a post about grabbing lvl 20 corrupted glacial cascade. I found a few quality 23 corrupted cascades for 8-10 chaos. Additional I lack a lot of stats in my gloves, belt ,shoes, and helm (everywhere really lol) but hopefully I get good drops when I start to map. I've been using clarity, but I could upgrade to vaal.

Lastly, I looked at some profiles and saw a few different jewels being used. Clear mind, the long winter, watchers eye. Is it worth grabing these in the skill tree before I finish the crit nodes? Should I just be looking at clear mind? I also looked at some flasks but holy exalts. I'm thinking about praying to the exalt god and sacrificing body parts.

I will continue to read the posts in this thread but thanks to all who help regardless. I have one Last question about the 2 rare daggers I posted. Maelstrom seems to be the better of the, too right? Because of the increased crit chance for spells? I seriously need a hyperbolic time chamber to ingest the Poe wiki, so I can figure this stuff out on my own.

Pretty much all your gears need a massive overhaul. Get yourself a 5 or 6 linked carcass jack and use it for your glacial cascade links, 6 link is optimal but 5 link should be good enough for all content in the game.

The jewels are great. Clear mind grant you mana regen and up to 60% spell damage (I believe) so long you don't have any mana reserved and you achieve this by slotting Hatred Aura in an essence worm ring

The flasks are expensive, no denying there but as a replacement get vaal clarity gem and use that, it should be up for every pack, it just grants you infinite mana (skills cost no mana) and a very good replacement to

Since you're just starting, I can give you some of my old gears.

Don't mind the pricetag, they're free if you're willing to take them. The helmet is in a sense a 6 linked helm. Use, increase critical chance, glacial cascade, conc effect, and minefield support in there and it should allow you to clear all content in the game and let you use whichever chest piece you want (I'd still recommend Carcass Jack) get a cheap one and socket it yourself, if you manage to 6 link one, swap the gems to the carcass but it shouldn't be your priority with the helm. As for the Dagger, it's a good starter one, where you get everything you need from it, if you've got enough currency get a multimod added to it then craft stuff like this on there
Obviously it's not as strong as this one but it'll get the job done. Note: Multimod cost 2 ex and requires level 8 Elreon, if you got the EX, you can get someone to craft it for you, there's a few people and I personally recommend "ephiservice" he's a cool dude and can mod and mastercraft stuff for you, I use his services every league, no issues whatsoever- just pm him and tell him I've sent ya.

Let me know if you want the stuff. I also have a
if you want, this grants cold pen but make sure that cold resist is your highest resistance past cap and you'll have 13% cold pen during boss fights on use.

The other gems like Watcher's Eye, you'd want cold penetration 15% (max rolled) at the very least, this makes it so that you do more damage against bosses where it matters like Shaper and such. The other one I would recommend is 2 x The long winter, they're cheap atm, like 5c or so each compared to 25C when league started. I suggest you grab 2 of those and slot them in the passive tree. You don't need to spec in the intelligence nodes, providing they're in the radius, you'd still get the benefits of it. It allows you to convert 100% damage to cold. The way the conversion works is after the physical damage% bonuses is added, so speccing in say a 20% physical damage node will still give you bonus damage to cold. This allows you to get another enchant on your helmet like glacial cascade damage or better yet (until you can get a good essenced crafted glove) would be 15% attack speed for shield charge.

IGN is MineMemeGod

Flick me a tell and I'll gladly give you those items and yeah once again they're free. They helped me a lot and I've received help from random people. Just paying it forward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info