[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
robodrew wrote:
Noob question:

PoB for the MoM build shows both Whirling Blades and Flame Dash, with Flame Dash linked to Frost Bomb and Arcane Surge. What's the reasoning for having flame dash if I already have whirling blades and I can get arcane surge from Frost Bomb? I feel like I'm missing something important.

Flame dash goes over ledge. You dont always drop frost bomb every pack but instead you flame dash to them. This way you higher up time on arcane surge throughout.
That all makes sense, thanks guys!
I'm gessing all the phys to cold conversion and the hatred auras are both useless when you are using arc instead of GC or am I wrong?

"
Merdento wrote:
I'm gessing all the phys to cold conversion and the hatred auras are both useless when you are using arc instead of GC or am I wrong?

You are correct, Hatred only works on GC because it's base is phys damage. If you're switching to arc, then use wrath.

I haven't played GC mine since harbinger. I decided to do it for the Betrayal starter and it was pretty powerful. However I saw the update to try Arc, and man is it so much better.

While GC is most likely superior in damage (and for bosses), for clear Arc is god mode. The two biggest drawbacks of GC is the targeting, and terrain. A lot of times I'll find that GC may fire towards a pack but it will miss 1 or 2 targets that are close by it, requiring me to stop and lay another mine. Even then you aren't guaranteed to kill that pack since it may autotarget closer monsters. This is a big wrench in your clear speed.

Secondly, the terrain, for most of the maps these days there are a lot of doors, corners, and terrain changes that will block your GC. With Betrayal league the fortified areas showcase this problem very well. Arc bypasses most of these issues, and I can literally clear packs from around the corner, it's just insane. GC will struggle to kill the doors on fortified because it's busy trying to target mobs close by, since Arc chains it almost always hits the doors.

I haven't got far (T5's) but I think Arc has replaced GC for the most part. If someone is having trouble with GC, try switching. Also I would rush Volatile Mines if you guys are having problems, it makes life so much easier.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Dec 9, 2018, 10:31:46 PM
"
Jouchebag wrote:
Can someone look at my character and tell me what I am doing wrong? I can't destroy the syndicate fortifications on t8+ maps cause the dmg isn't high enough before I get too swarmed by enemies. I feel extremely weak and squishy. I know it's a starter build, but I figured I could do more than this before getting the +1 mine helmet and statsticks.

EXACTLY the same... pls check my profile, what im doing wrong?
Is there any reason for the level 1 clarity? is the lv1 regen even noticeable?
Last edited by Merdento on Dec 10, 2018, 9:22:52 AM

Can anyone help me determine what I should buy next? That would be a big help.
as arc miner,you don't need those sabres,you better get some daggers with spell dmg,crit dmg,crit chance,and adds ... dmg to spells
my starter weapon is

and then i whould go for essence worm,wrath is pretty insane to have,and after that,a +1 mine helmet, those helped me a lot,now i need some better gloves boots belt,so then i can switch to dual dagger instead of dagger shield atm
Why do you have a tree in profile and POB different?
"
shumi82 wrote:
as arc miner,you don't need those sabres,you better get some daggers with spell dmg,crit dmg,crit chance,and adds ... dmg to spells
my starter weapon is

and then i whould go for essence worm,wrath is pretty insane to have,and after that,a +1 mine helmet, those helped me a lot,now i need some better gloves boots belt,so then i can switch to dual dagger instead of dagger shield atm

Sounds good. I know the sabers dont work for Arc, im using em for GC atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info