[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
HumBongo wrote:
i have 850es vaal regalia and a couple of stat sticks rotting in my stash. is there any reason why this build shouldnt work as ci with small adaptions to the tree? never played a sabo (shame on me) :D

He has a LL PoB.
Ok I'm new to this build, and I must say, I am completely lost.
The guide didn't explain what to do while leveling but it seemed easy enough to just follow the tree, grab health/damage along the way, whatever.
Switching b/w arc mines and GC as necessary.

Every time I look at your build though, Windz, it's different, you're using different gems and you've rearranged your tree, and I have no idea why.

I'm sitting now and struggling with T1 maps and I have SOME idea as to why (no support gems setups like IC), but I'm not 100% on it . I also find even though I took a ton of the mana/regen nodes along the way I still struggle to keep mana up when using GC (not arc).

Anyway I'm sure with proper upgrades and stuff I will get there, but I've just having trouble following where the power comes from as all of the improvements from here on seem...incremental?

Anyon reading this feel free to call me an idiot and explain what exactly I'm doing wrong, I do accept there's likely a bunch of it.

Immediate things I know I have to work on: Gloves, support links (but which ones? nothing in the guide :( )
"
Spacecom wrote:
I have the low life variation.At [3.3] I had 98.600 DPS with statstick and shield now I have 80.100 dps. I 've lost 18.500 DPS in [3.4] update.
Here is a Shaper video: click me lol, 2 seconds Shaper
My items:my ES shield is legacy but not tier 1 or 2, its like legacy with tier4 stats so you can get them same now in standard would propably be tier 2 or even less. My Shavrone Wrapins are legacy because I play in standard many years I had it over 2 years.The rest items are prety common.

This is the right gem/item set for this build. It's a shame OP haven't put any set recommendation in first post.

I just tested nearly same set, and it works like a charm.

Blood magic support is the key gem here. You should use LL/Shield build in first post. It reserves your whole health for mana regen. and extra energy shield. Here comes the best part, because of you're going to always be on low health, you will always have the 30% magic damage passive active. This makes you completely death machine, but you should keep your energy shield up, and pay attention to enemies with chaos damage. A chaos attack can 1 kill hit you, unless you have chaos damage cant penetrate energy shield body armor. That armor is too expensive, so you're better turn off your reserve skills when chaos enemies are near. Do not use Chaos Damage Immunity passive, because it makes you have 1 health, and you cannot use health reserve passive skills anymore.

For leveling/maps, swap GC with Arc like recommended in first post.
Last edited by dyanikoglu on Sep 14, 2018, 4:19:56 PM
Here is my pastebin also:https://pastebin.com/a1nRfAk3
I already had the character lvl50 from like 3 years ago.From 50 to 95 I leveled as glacial cascade only, did the transition from life into Low Life as soon as I could wear the gear and pick the important LL nodes on tree.Hope that helps. The major damage comes from the spell/mine crit nodes,the statstick and the node that gives 30% spell damage when on low life.You can check it on Path of Building. My tree is not optimal.
I have no mana issues because my shield give 69% mana regen and the ring another 40% regen.Also I have taken a few mana regen nodes and use a mana flask.
My flask setup:

You can trade the last flask with Taste of Hate if you absolutely need more damage and you have the money for it. Other great damage boosters are boots enchant, helmet enchant so you can free 2 jewel slots, and offcourse Watcher's Eye jewel that gives some percent of physical damage as elemental damage while affected by hatred(which I dont have and I am not gonna pay for lol). Also as seen in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOEVFKmWrWQ a second statstick will dramaticaly improve the damage but lower the defence.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 14, 2018, 7:26:06 PM
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
The guide didn't explain what to do while leveling but it seemed easy enough to just follow the tree, grab health/damage along the way, whatever.

Every time I look at your build though, Windz, it's different, you're using different gems and you've rearranged your tree, and I have no idea why.

I'm sitting now and struggling with T1 maps and I have SOME idea as to why (no support gems setups like IC), but I'm not 100% on it . I also find even though I took a ton of the mana/regen nodes along the way I still struggle to keep mana up when using GC (not arc).

Anyway I'm sure with proper upgrades and stuff I will get there, but I've just having trouble following where the power comes from as all of the improvements from here on seem...incremental?

Anyon reading this feel free to call me an idiot and explain what exactly I'm doing wrong, I do accept there's likely a bunch of it.

Immediate things I know I have to work on: Gloves, support links (but which ones? nothing in the guide :( )

I've imported your char to PoB, and even when selecting Alira as bandit it says you have less than 50% fire resist and a whooping 35% cold resist. You have a level 90 char, so I assume you know how important capped resists are. Am I missing something?

Are you using that Hatred gem? If yes, then you really shouldn't. Glacial Cascade gives you enough damage at this point, and you really need your mana pool for MoM mitigation. If you can't afford an Essence Worm, just don't use Hatred (but it's fine to level it slotted in your equip, if that's what you're doing).

You already know you should be using CWDT + IC, so well, use it.

For mana regen, besides having gear with mana rolls so as to increase your total mana pool, get a vaal clarity gem. Link it with Increased Duration. It'll allow you to cast skill without the mana cost for a while. This is huge for letting your mana pool recover.

Besides that, you can pretty much use whatever you feel like using. A Stone Golem for life regen or a Chaos golem for phys damage reduction, a Decoy Totem, a defensive curse like Enfeeble (on CWdT probably, not worth the time to self-cast), frost bomb for cold penetration.
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
WaveofShadow wrote:

Follow the PoB in the guide, no need to follow what he's doing this league. Stick to the main guide about everything until you understand the build. get a tabula and use it until you have enough for a 6l with life, like a loreweave. tabula will carry you for a long time.

Get a conversion dagger, that'll help a lot. Get a crit multi ammy if you don't have one. Check PoB with every purchase, it'll save you a lot of time.

Yes I know about capped resists, no I'm not using Hatred yet, yes I know about IC+CWDT.

Resists are now capped, HP is a little higher, now I have to try to earn enough chaos to actually afford the gear I really need, haven't attempted to head back into maps again yet...I think my issue always seems to be (and this is across multiple leagues btw) I have a hard time translating small changes in numbers to real advantages on the battlefield, but we'll see how things go now.

THanks guys, appreciate the advice. :)
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
Yes I know about capped resists, no I'm not using Hatred yet, yes I know about IC+CWDT.

Resists are now capped, HP is a little higher, now I have to try to earn enough chaos to actually afford the gear I really need, haven't attempted to head back into maps again yet...I think my issue always seems to be (and this is across multiple leagues btw) I have a hard time translating small changes in numbers to real advantages on the battlefield, but we'll see how things go now.

THanks guys, appreciate the advice. :)

short version of what you need to do. regret stuff and get phased acro. Swap from wands to daggers. Get a diamond flask. Farm a tabula. Farm levels. You could use arc as you level as it should kill trash easily and you'll map faster.
First miner ever. LL all the way not even think about hp/mom. Got 6.8k es and capped res + around 45% chaos res, feels a little squishy on t10+ maps at lvl 80 but its ok. ty for the build.
writed with one hand, sorry for not using capitols letters
Hi, can someone experienced in this build help me take a look at my char pls? It's my first time running this build -- Abdy_SaboKia.

What I've done is:
6L GC on helm (got lucky with a cheap helm, but no resists)
4L Arc mine in chest for mapping (chest has 118 life, 29% cold, 23% lightning, 3% dodge)
4L Lighting Spire in hands for fun/stacking burst damage

A couple of issues:
1) My max resists are only 84%, 79%, 75%. Helm is maxed out on other lousy stats and can't get more resists. Should I spend on a jeweller's touch to 5L the chest?

2) Should I keep the lightning spire trap 4L setup? If not, what should I replace it with?

Any other suggestions on gear/skills would be appreciated, too! Thanks in advance!! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info