[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:
What is the point of having an elder helmet with remote mine and other skills in it if all the actual
mine gems are going to be in the bodyarmor?

Not Elder. Shaper's helm. The point is:

1. Early on it let's you use the helm as a 6-link, if you get a godly one with essence of horror crafting, additional mine plus hypothermia/increased AoE this will be your endgame item.

I don't think Essence of Horror is necessary for the helmet to beat the chest variant. Yes, you lose out on a couple of support gem lvls (unless you get supported by lvl22) and on 20 quality on those supports. But I'd take an additional support over that any day, even if that is "only" inc aoe, which doesn't increase single target damage.

And if we take economical aspects into account, you save ~4-5 ex due to not needing a 6L chest and even more if you were to use a chest like Farrul's Fur for which blue sockets are off-colors.

Also I'm not sure Essence of Horror is optimal. A shaped helmet can roll Remote Mine, Hypothermia and "socketed gems have +% crit chance" as suffixes. Horror is a suffix, too.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:
What is the point of having an elder helmet with remote mine and other skills in it if all the actual
mine gems are going to be in the bodyarmor?

Not Elder. Shaper's helm. The point is:

1. Early on it let's you use the helm as a 6-link, if you get a godly one with essence of horror crafting, additional mine plus hypothermia/increased AoE this will be your endgame item.

I don't think Essence of Horror is necessary for the helmet to beat the chest variant. Yes, you lose out on a couple of support gem lvls (unless you get supported by lvl22) and on 20 quality on those supports. But I'd take an additional support over that any day, even if that is "only" inc aoe, which doesn't increase single target damage.

And if we take economical aspects into account, you save ~4-5 ex due to not needing a 6L chest and even more if you were to use a chest like Farrul's Fur for which blue sockets are off-colors.

Also I'm not sure Essence of Horror is optimal. A shaped helmet can roll Remote Mine, Hypothermia and "socketed gems have +% crit chance" as suffixes. Horror is a suffix, too.

Fair point however Hypothermia requires you to chill stuff prior to the 2nd hit applying the damage whereas EoH is a simple 30% "MORE" multiplier to all hits with no prerequisite for damage dealt, i.e. no chill threshold to hit which is why is why it's so pricey and pretty damn good.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Fair point however Hypothermia requires you to chill stuff prior to the 2nd hit applying the damage

Yes, but do you know the answer to the question I've posed several pages ago?

At which point does the Chill take effect? In a situation where we have 10 mines ready to go, each of them hitting a target multiple times, do they all happen in the same millisecond without Hypothermia benefits? Or does the very first of those 10++ hits trigger Hypothermia?

Makes a huge difference for fights like Uber Atziri where it's all about one-shotting with the first set of mines. Unless you outgear it too much, that is ;)
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Fair point however Hypothermia requires you to chill stuff prior to the 2nd hit applying the damage

Yes, but do you know the answer to the question I've posed several pages ago?

At which point does the Chill take effect? In a situation where we have 10 mines ready to go, each of them hitting a target multiple times, do they all happen in the same millisecond without Hypothermia benefits? Or does the very first of those 10++ hits trigger Hypothermia?

Makes a huge difference for fights like Uber Atziri where it's all about one-shotting with the first set of mines. Unless you outgear it too much, that is ;)

Seems it works just like shock, except we can't really scale it that much unless. Problem with chill and hypothermia is it requires pure cold damage, doesn't take into account lightning/chaos/fire etc etc like Yoke would do for Shock. As per the wiki it seems it requires at the very least 0.33% damage dealt so against something like Shaper, that's requires 66k of pure cold damage, though, as you said, it's so damn hard to know if it actually works or not against the guardians and shaper due to the their high health. Well, if only we had beacon of ruin :)

Vs

Essence Of Horror- Non conditional damage 30% more multiplier to everything. That's why in my opinion, this one takes the cake.

I might mess around next league with an Ascendant- Beacon of Ruin/Ele - Sabo/Miner, this should be interesting aside for the mine laying speed but guaranteed shock/chill is regardless of threshold is nuts providing I get some scaling done.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 7, 2018, 8:56:43 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
As per the wiki it seems it requires at the very least 0.33% damage dealt so against something like Shaper, that's requires 66k of pure cold damage

You didn't answer my original question, but this poses a new problem:
I also can't find a source that says we actually chill the Shaper. I don't know how high your cold damage is per hit and I don't find what I'm looking for in my own PoB. I want to know my cold damage on a crit and not the average cold damage between crits and non-crits.

However let's assume we don't reach that 0.33% threshold. Solution would be to add Vortex to the mix, which simply chills the enemy.

So to answer the question about the ideal 6L setup for those who use their GC in the helmet:

CWDT-Enfeeble/Frostbite-Frost Bomb-Vortex-Detonate Mines-Immortal Call

And about the helmet, I can agree with you that the Horror suffix all in all is preferable to both Hypothermia and "socketed spells have increased chance to crit". The former for its inconsistency and the latter is simply weaker than "30% more".
As per the manifesto update over at:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2142177/page/1

Looks like RIP Farrul's Fur lol.

Was fun and OP as heck.
Might start this next league as a starter. Depending on the changes. At what lvl can u start farm comfortable normal atziri for early currenty?
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Was fun and OP as heck.

Well, won't make it into future leagues, but our item stays intact. So after all it was the right call to buy it now. For else it would've been never. Need to keep some items with crafted Aspect of the Cat, too.

@Psycomantje:
I'd like to give an answer, but that I can't really tell. It really just depends on your damage output(and thus on your gear): Either you one-shot the clones or you don't. You can still kill her if you don't, but that isn't really comfortable.

Without balance changes, you can kill her relatively early, though. 10-11 mines ready to go as soon as the clones appear is probably the best the game has to offer for that fight.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Was fun and OP as heck.

Well, won't make it into future leagues, but our item stays intact. So after all it was the right call to buy it now. For else it would've been never. Need to keep some items with crafted Aspect of the Cat, too.

@Psycomantje:
I'd like to give an answer, but that I can't really tell. It really just depends on your damage output(and thus on your gear): Either you one-shot the clones or you don't. You can still kill her if you don't, but that isn't really comfortable.

Without balance changes, you can kill her relatively early, though. 10-11 mines ready to go as soon as the clones appear is probably the best the game has to offer for that fight.

Yeah got myself a few. I spend quite a bit of my earned currency on crafting. Sold a few of them for 50-100ex.

My latest craft resulted in this:

Don't mind the price tag, it's late in the league and I can't for the life of me price that elder leather belt.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Yeah got myself a few. I spend quite a bit of my earned currency on crafting. Sold a few of them for 50-100ex.

My latest craft resulted in this:

Don't mind the price tag, it's late in the league and I can't for the life of me price that elder leather belt.

Well, I'd primarily get gloves, boots and helmets with the aspect craft for you can simply socket Less Duration in them for permanent charges. Much easier than investing inefficient passive points or requiring certain jewel corruptions.

Regarding your pricing issue: I never dealt in these sums, but I don't think any belt should be more expensive than HH. Also, how much life does it really give? You got that 9% life and the 27% conditional increased damage. Quite easy to beat by an Abyssal jewel, don't you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info